Thank God I'm In Texas

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Thank God I'm In Texas
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 02:16 pm:

By eri on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 03:44 pm:

My parents were surrounded, but in their own basement. None of them hit their house, though they came close. All of the work my Dad did on their land is undone, and there is large debris on top of their barn.

My friend L's house got hit by one of the tornados. She IM'd me after she got back from the hospital. She is very sore and cut up pretty bad from exploding windows, but other than that she is allright.

My best friend S, is nowhere to be found. She isn't answering any of her phones (which is odd at the very least) and she isn't answering any of her emails (she usually emails me at least 3 times a day). I am worried about her. There is no one there who would report her missing if she were, she is alone there.

Don't we have some sorabjites in the Kansas/Missouri area? Are you guys allright? Are you there? J I think?

By Nate on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 04:04 pm:

J is in arizona.

daniel the gorilla guy is in missouri, i think.

By eri on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 12:00 pm:

More news....

Good friends of the family (S & E) have lost their house. They have lost everything. They are retired and breed horses now. They completely lost their horse trailer, and their barn. Their house is in bad shape. They are trying to figure out if they can safe the foundation at all or if they have to rip everything out and start completely over.

They have lost EVERYTHING of monetary value, so to speak, but they do have their health, which is all they have left.

By kazoo on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 12:07 pm:

Eri,

Wow. That sucks. I'm sorry about your friends. I'm glad no one got hurt. What happened to the horses?

By sarah on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 12:43 pm:

what about insurance?

By sarah on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 12:44 pm:

tornado insurance in kansas should be required, like no-fault car insurance.

By eri on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 12:52 pm:

Don't know the details about insurance. I also haven't heard anything about the horses, so I am assuming all is well with the animals and just their home is destroyed, but they are OK. If something happened to the horses I think my Mom would have said something about it.

So far we have two houses destroyed, one person hurt, and one child in the hospital with health problems (we don't know if it is related or if timing just made it happen then).

And this is finding information on 4 of the families we know there. I bet the engineering firm I used to work for isn't lacking any business right now.

By Spider on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 12:58 pm:

God, Eri, "that sucks" doesn't begin to cover it! Those poor people!

By spunky on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 04:34 pm:

Kaz, how are you doing? I understand you are experiencing some rough weather today, including a tornado warning???

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact