Old Subject, Old News

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Old Subject, Old News
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 05:18 pm:

By spunky on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 08:09 pm:

no one even looked at this?
    I thought it was actually very interesting....

By spunky on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 10:14 pm:

shits

By wisper on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 12:07 am:

i read it.

By eri on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 12:32 am:

I read it, but don't know what to say. I mean, what part of it are we supposed to comment on? Say what?

By spunky on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 08:31 am:

terrorism in the 20's.
    and i thought it was all mob crap

By semillama on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 10:34 am:

Terrorism is as old as politics.

By Spider on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 10:40 am:

Would the Trojan Horse be considered an act of terrorism?

By spunky on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 10:43 am:

Probably.
    I would think terrorism should be defined as not part of a military action taken by a government, so maybe not by that definition....

But probably.

This particular act appears to be domestic terrorism.

By semillama on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 12:27 pm:

I dunno. I think the intent and the target are the definers of an act of terrorism, not so much the perpetrators.

If terrorism is an act of violence against a noncombatant population in order to influence a certain desired ploitical outcome, then you can't exclude government acts from that.

By spunky on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 12:41 pm:

that makes sense

By patrick on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 12:53 pm:

spunk, go read Joesph Conrad's The Secret Agent (or see the movie) and if you still havent put a shotgun up your rectum by the end you might enjoy a tale, based loosely on events in late 19th century England when Anarchists were terrorizing the monarchy there. I believe there was an actual incident in which there was an attempt made to bomb the clocktower in Greenwich....(i.e. Greenwich Mean Time.)

By spunky on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 01:02 pm:

By spunky on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 01:07 pm:

By eri on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 01:45 pm:

Wow. I started to read the failure of Christianity article in there, but it really makes you think. Not that I agree with all that she has to say but she makes some very valid points.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact