My fellow americans morphing into us and them?

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: My fellow americans morphing into us and them?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 06:05 pm:

Not a good sign (cut and paste and curse those commas)

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-police-school,0,6785195.story?coll=sns%2Dap%2Dnationworld%2Dheadlines

plus, the only way they could have it worse is if they called themselves Les Femmes Dixie.

They need this guy's help.

By eri on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 06:43 pm:

OK, what that guy did was flat ass wrong. He should not have used his uniform to get into a classroom after hours. That's bullshit and abuse of power, plain and simple.

They didn't say whether it was an elementary school, middle school, or high school, but I am guessing high school for some reason. Don't know why, probably the amount of thought that went into the projects, not something my 8 year old would have come up with.

Either way, if we want to teach our children the value of freedom of speech, and we want to teach them to think for themselves, then we need to have room for art projects that neo-nazi policemen think of as unpatriotic.

Seriously, why should we expect all kids to be pro-Bush, or for this war. As a teen I was against war, and very against Desert Storm. In fact, I even started a group that protested the war at school.

Children need to be able to express themselves in a safe environment and their school classrooms should be a safe environment.

This guy sucks.

We could use that guy in the last link there, in my neighborhood here. Who knows how many times these cars have been broken into and vandalized, not to mention how many times things have been stolen from our house and our patio (which is 4 ft high and completely covered out front by big thorny bushes).

By Antigone on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 07:20 pm:

That policeman is a HERO. What he did took COURAGE. He should have gone FURTHER. Why didn't he just SHOOT those damn LIBERALS?

By BIGKev on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 09:14 pm:

ROTFLMFAO.... a cop?!!! <whew> doesn't get much better than that... was his uniform complete with brown shirt arm band and SS pins?

so much for 'home of the free'

sig heil!!

whats next, this looney running around town locking up people for "un-american" behavior?

this world is too fucked up for me...

stop please, I'd like to get off...

By semillama on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 10:34 am:

Where's the Greatest American Hero when you need him?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact