Bush and Immigration

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Bush and Immigration
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Antigone on Wednesday, January 7, 2004 - 04:46 pm:

He's showing actual political cojones.

I'm impressed.

By patrick on Wednesday, January 7, 2004 - 05:37 pm:

as am I. I actually applaud this effort on his part.

you hear spunk?

By spunky on Wednesday, January 7, 2004 - 05:48 pm:

Actaully, I am not suprised, we are still on opposite sides of the issues, because I see this as irresponsible action.

By Antigone on Wednesday, January 7, 2004 - 05:54 pm:

Exactly why I posted, and why Bush has balls on this issue. This is actually a shift, from relying on a base of immigration backwaters such as yourself to immigrants. Rove and company would never have approved of this unless they calculated that people such as yourself were either 1) a minority of the party, easily discarded in favor of Mexican immigrant votes, or 2) suckers who could and would go nowhere else, politically.

Consider yourself assfucked, son.

By patrick on Wednesday, January 7, 2004 - 06:02 pm:

id love to hear how its "irresponsible" spunky?

for no other reason than for the fact that i actually love hearing rants about immigration and jobs and silly shit like that simply because of the overbearing absurdity of the argument

By dave. on Wednesday, January 7, 2004 - 06:18 pm:

this is an impressive political move but i don't know about ballsy. the chance that a bush supporter would vote dean over this issue is next to nothing. however, it takes another liberal policy away from the dems, gains the pubs a significant new voter bloc and even lets the conservative pundits gloat about how fair and balanced they are for opposing the president. pretty fucking smart.

but don't for a second think this was done with concern for relieving immigrant-driven economic or social pressures. this is pure, radical election strategy.

i take it back, it is ballsy.

By Rowlfe on Wednesday, January 7, 2004 - 06:21 pm:

it kinda goes back to the David Cross article that was posted:

when he's bending over backwards for political purposes now, considering all he's done thus far...

whats gonna happen when he has 4 full years where he doesnt have to worry about re-election?

By patrick on Wednesday, January 7, 2004 - 06:33 pm:

the move i've thought about that idea rowlf, the more im think its an very very important point. everything he has done up until now, for the most part, is designed for re-election. if he wins another term.....

By Rowlfe on Wednesday, January 7, 2004 - 08:42 pm:

...liberal castration?

after all, the democratic party and CBS have already been given the snip.

By Nate on Thursday, January 8, 2004 - 12:12 am:

latinos in california will be a majority in the near future. make all the illegals legal and get them voting for the elephant and the republicans might actually start taking the golden state in presidential elections.

imagine what that would do.

By Rowlfe on Thursday, January 8, 2004 - 12:44 am:

you know, i still actually dont think that they will...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact