What do you think?

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: What do you think?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 02:31 pm:

By J on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 03:08 pm:

She should be charged,if she would have had the c-section when her doctors told her to,between Christmas and January 9th,the baby would have lived.From the looks of her she shouldn't be breeding anyway.

By patrick on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 03:20 pm:

should someone be forced to have a c section though?

its still her body. is she not in charge?

we can question her morality and quality as a person, not wanting to do the best thing for her unborn shorties, but in the legal realm, its a really tough call.

i lean towards her being charged as well, but....

By dave. on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 03:58 pm:

what if your child died because you didn't donate a kidney to it. did you kill it?

By dave. on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 04:01 pm:

can a child with down's syndrome sue its parents for making it that way? how about its grandparents?

By dave. on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 04:21 pm:

what if you're freakishly ugly and you hook up with someone else who is so incredibly ugly that plants wither and creatures sre stricken with acute nausea in their presence? what if this wretched union evilly produces the most offensive person imaginable? whose fault is that? huh?!

HUH?!?!?!

By patrick on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 04:23 pm:

agatha would you slap him.

By TBone on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 04:39 pm:

The hell is with that picture?

By heather on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 04:43 pm:

there is no way to prove that the baby would have lived. no way at all.

By TBone on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 04:45 pm:

Oh, and my opinion is that she should not be charged with murder.
    But she's shown that she would rather her children die than have a scar, so I think there are the beginnings of a case for taking the other child from her.
    And she should die sad, cold, and alone.
    But no murder charge.

By TBone on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 04:45 pm:

And what heather said.

By patrick on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 05:10 pm:

heather, if you are driving me around and decide to plunge off a bridge and i die, there's no way to prove i would have survived another mile in the car with you, but the point was, i sure as hell wanst going to stand much a chance of surviving with you plunging off the bridge.

in otherwords, yeah, maybe not, but doesnt her behavior constitute some sort of wreckless endangerment? knowing partcipating in risky behavior?

By heather on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 05:27 pm:

please, patrick.

and endangerment is not murder.

By patrick on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 05:33 pm:

didnt say it was.

the discussion doesnt necessarily cling to being charged with murder.

did she do anything criminal?

her behavior was risky. she knowingly decreased the chances for her babies survival. thats a fact.

another aspect of the dilemma, you might recall the recent decision from congress to allow federal prosecutors to try someone who committs murder of a pregnant woman on 2 counts rather than one.

does this fall near it on the implication? the child technically wasnt born yet. yet she's being charged.

By Spider on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 06:04 pm:

She's a vain selfish bitch who chose to preserve her fucking appearance over the life of her child. But is that a hanging offense? (dun dun DUN) YOU DECIIIIIDE.

Offence?

Shit, my brain is dying.

By heather on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 06:22 pm:

so in one little artical written by an outsider we can fully determine that she's a vain selfish bitch?

if it is true, perhaps her child was better off not being born.

i did not study law or politics, there is a reason for this.

By patrick on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 06:40 pm:

i think being charged for murder is extreme.

her ability to care for the child that lived should be questioned and examined by the state for sure, for the child's own safety.

likewise people its Utah. They don't fuck around in Utah.

By Spider on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 06:44 pm:

Like, duh, heather. Reaching conclusions after reading one little article is the sorabji pasttime of choice. :Þ

By Lapis on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 06:46 pm:

Possibly neglect or manslaughter, not murder.

She did go to three hospitals, after all.

How well was the surgery explained?

By heather on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 06:48 pm:

everyone's ability to care for a child should be questioned and examined by the state for sure, for the child's own safety.

i have no idea what we would do with all the seized children.

By Rowlfe on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 07:43 pm:

no, she should not be charged... you can say she's a miserable human being if you want, but theres no right to charge her.

...but if she does get charged, she should plead temporary insanity

By Nate on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 09:46 pm:

she should be charged with willfull endangerment and manslaughter. and the jury should let her off.

what if she belonged to the church of christ scientist? what if she was rastafarian?

what if she was so goddamn ugly that the whole 'i didn't want a scar, it would ruin my life' argument didn't hold water?

By c on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 05:23 am:

she is. that's what I don't get. from that photo, it seems like an abdominal scar would really be the least of her aesthetic problems.

By heather on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 01:40 pm:

we also get to decide who's good looking enough not to deserve scars? neat.

By dave. on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:39 pm:

yes we do, heather.

goddamit.

absofuckinglutely.

By Rowlfe on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 06:11 pm:

she's denying in the papers that she refused a C-section because of scarring. now she claims it was strictly a medical decision, whatever that means

By J on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 02:28 am:

The baby girl that lived had cocain and alchohol in her system,take the bitch out.

By patrick on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 12:58 pm:

i discussed this more over the weekend and came to a conclusion.

she shouldn't be charged. it's her body. her decision. until those children are born, she is the ward.

i had to rethink back when nico was pregnant. she had instructions for the doctors delivering, sans emergency of course. point is, its a mothers right to say 'no episiotomy, no cesarian, no inducement pills.' the reasoning and logic is irrelavent. there is a reason those doctors didnt not strap her down and do a cesarian. while it seems obviously that this women is out of her mind, that in itself is not a crime.

the rights a woman has over her body as long as she is with child is more important than establishing a precedent that allows the law to hold court in a womans womb no matter how uncomfortable, and generally saddening this situation is. the philosophical implications need serious weighting.

By agatha on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 01:04 pm:

It sounded to me as though she was more afraid of being cut open than having concerns about the cosmetic aspects of the c section. She also seems like she has some mental issues. I don't think she should be charged, but I think she's going to definitely need some counseling and assistance from the state. As it stands, her baby is at risk and intervention of some sort is needed.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact