Tenet resigns!

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Tenet resigns!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rowlfe on Thursday, June 3, 2004 - 11:53 am:

By sarah on Thursday, June 3, 2004 - 04:42 pm:

maybe because they're starting the lie detector tests in the investigations.

though shouldn't CIA folks be trained on how to pass a lie detector test?

maybe he knows there's some major shit about to go down and wants to get out while things are still relatively uncertain.

let's speculate wildly!

By Rowlfe on Thursday, June 3, 2004 - 05:11 pm:

notice how these news came out just hours after it was reported Bush is hiring a lawyer because he might have to testify re: Plame?

By kazu on Thursday, June 3, 2004 - 05:33 pm:

I REMEMBER once hearing that veteran British war correspondent, E. F. Knight, tell how up to the time of the loss of his left arm as the result of a bullet wound received in the South African war, he had been for years a constant sufferer from cold hands and feet and a weak stomach, while almost from the day of his convalescence after the amputation he had enjoyed the circulation and digestion of the perfectly healthy man that he had been ever since.

By wisper on Thursday, June 3, 2004 - 07:18 pm:

it's really easy to fuck with a polygraph test.
    So easy that one wonders why they're ever used.

The measure tension caused when you lie under stress, so all you have to do is make youself freak out at the wrong moments, or loose concentration.
    You can put a thumbtack in your shoe, and push down on it from time to time. Or think about sex, or the death of a loved one. Anything really, as long as it freaks you out and/or changes your stress level. Gets your heart racing.
    It's rather archaic.

By Antigone on Thursday, June 3, 2004 - 07:52 pm:

I once "failed" a polygraph for a job interview when I was 16. (To be a fucking movie theater ticket taker, for chrissakes!) The test administrator said I was trying to fake the results by breathing slowly. The thing is, I just breathe slowly, and when I get nervous I breathe even slower. (I recently had a wisdom tooth taken out and my pulse rate never got above 63, even when my tooth broke in half...twice...)

By semillama on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 10:12 am:

By Antigone on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 03:41 pm:

That erratic behavior story is pretty fucking scary, and does remind one of Nixon. but remember...Nixon got reelected.

Then again, he also had to resign in his second term because of scandal in the first term, and Bush is talking to a lawyer, supposedly about the Plame case. Will Plame be Bush's Watergate?

By Antigone on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 03:42 pm:

Oh, and Tenet resigning is a good thing. If he's got any dirt he wants to throw around, now he can do it...before the election. :)

By patrick on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 03:58 pm:

i gotta read up on this plame matter.

By semillama on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 03:59 pm:

"Plamegate" has such a nice ring to it. The media are really missing a ratings grabber here.

By Rowlfe on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 04:43 pm:

I'm sick of adding "gate" to everything, it kinda turns every scandal into a joke

By semillama on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 04:52 pm:

Every scandal IS a joke. A sick, sick joke on us.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact