Moron demands help with the whole "not killing his own damn kids" thing.

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Moron demands help with the whole "not killing his own damn kids" thing.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By wisper on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 07:58 pm:

After Child's Hot-Car Death, Father Backs Alarm Systems for Parents

By Wendy Thermos, Times Staff Writer

An Anaheim man whose infant daughter died earlier this month after he left her in a hot minivan said Friday that vehicles should have warning systems to remind parents that a child is inside. Flanked by his wife, Jennie, and attorney R. Dennis Rentzer, John Michael Dunton spoke for a few minutes at his attorney's Encino office, a day after the Orange County district attorney announced he would not pursue charges against the 42-year-old.

"Whatever happened was an accident," Dunton said. "If the case had gone forward, I know I would have been vindicated by a jury." Red-eyed but composed, Dunton, a paralegal for a law firm, said he would like to see a formal effort by industry officials to have alarm systems installed in vehicles. "I hope that the auto industry or the car seat manufacturers will have some kind of alarm or bell so [parents] won't forget their kid in a car," he said. Such technology is already being explored by carmakers.

Five-month-old Jasmine died Sept. 9 of heatstroke after Dunton left her in his vehicle when he arrived at work in Santa Ana. Four hours after parking the van, he came outside and suddenly realized he had not dropped her off at the baby-sitter's.

Rentzer said Friday that Dunton may never be able to answer why he forgot about her.

"He's said to me that he will be asking himself that [question] the rest of his life," Rentzer said. At the hospital where a medical team attempted to revive Jasmine, a distraught Dunton tried to grab a police officer's gun in an apparent suicide attempt. Doctors gave him a sedative to calm him.
    -------------------------

"Ah needs me the car industries help ta not cook ma kids alive"
    And what shall this alarm sound like, i wonder?

*WARNING! WARNING! IDIOT DRIVING AND BREEDING! STAND CLEAR!*

By kazu on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 08:12 pm:

I read that yesterday.

I like Wisper's idea for an alarm.

What a fucking idiot

By semillama on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 10:11 am:

Another classic example of the growing American tendency to duck responsibility.

See, this why so many morons think Bush is just like them.

By kazu on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 04:00 pm:

Why didn't this happen when I was in
    school?

I don't like tequila much, but still

By Antigone on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 04:44 pm:

Darwin award by proxy.

Too bad the guy can still breed.

And his wife is standing by him? Fuck.

I mean I'm as absent minded as they come, but fuck... If you need an alarm to tell you your baby is in the car you shouldn't be a parent.

By kazu on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 05:32 pm:

By agatha on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 10:40 pm:

Bah. Register first.

Can't you just tell us what it says?

By kazu on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 10:44 pm:

It's about a school what gave the 3,4,&5th graders
    margaritas for lunch on accident

By semillama on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 10:34 am:

Agatha - don't you guys use mozilla firefox? if not, convert, and get the Bugmenot extension.

What that does is whenever you have to sign in for a site, you rightclick on the sign in space, hit "bugmenot" in the drop down menu, then it looks up in a list of names and passwords to find one for the site you are trying to access. I just did it for that site and no problem!

By J on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 11:26 am:

By TBone on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 03:00 pm:

Thanks, Sem. Bugmenot is very cool.

By semillama on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 06:57 pm:

Hey, tbone, what's up? haven't had much of a Montana update lately.

Has anyone been writing to spider? I feel bad because I haven't, but i have also been putting in 10 hour days lately too, so that's my lame excuse.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact