C-SPAN Split-screen version of the debate

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: C-SPAN Split-screen version of the debate
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Picosan on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 02:05 pm:

The poll so far from the Money Channel CNBC says that (the people who took the
    time to vote via computer) 72 percent voted that Kerry won the debate and Bush
    gets 28%.

A C-span caller pointed out that Bush drank water from an empty glass.

I still can't get over the fact that the split screen version was only shown on
    C-span! At least they replayed it two or three times and they are replaying
    now.

Blast.

pf

Kerry said "I respect you for your lovely wife and your charming daughters. . .
    Bush interjects " I want to put those girls on a leash"

Kerry's off the cuff reply was "I've learned not to do that."

It's coming up in about 10 minutes . . I have to tape it . .

A viewer called in to say "3 glasses of water for Bush, one glass for Kerry"

am watching the replay right now and Bush is smirking and drinking water. .

What a hand-puppet!

By Red Light on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 02:07 pm:

just saw it and Bush said "I'm trying to put a leash on them.

Wish they'd use a taser instead of the light version.

By DisneyWhirld on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 02:14 pm:

On the Daily Show on Comedy Central they asked what was Kerry writing then showed a page . . .
    "I am SO crushing him"

on this replay Bush is puffing his cheeks out while Kerry speaks.

Thank C-span for the split screen version.
    I was under the impression that the whole

Kill two birds with one stone . . . Give
    Kim Jung Il Michael Eisner's post, Kim knows how to run a tight ship and he'd give up those bombs in a second to take over Disney's "Enchanted Castle". . .NOT the one in

By - on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 02:14 pm:

China

By Antigone on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 02:29 pm:

One benefit of the debate is that a meme, previously impoverished and underpopulated in the human mind, will now flourish.

"You forgot Poland" only gets only six hits on a google search now, but soon there will be thousands. At least, I hope so.

Bush, in an attempt to one up Kerry, said "You forgot Poland" when Kerry listed off the members of the Iraq invasion coalition. (US, Britian, and Australia) OK, so Poland had 200 troops, compared to 200,000 from the US. Big fucking deal. Bush was like the little yapping dog from the kibbles 'n' bits commercials: You forgot Poland! You forgot Poland!

If only we had a media echo chamber like the right has. "You forgot Poland" should be a catch phrase from now until the election.

By Antigone on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 02:37 pm:

By Antigone on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 02:39 pm:

By Antigone on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 02:41 pm:

President Aleksander Kwasniewski of Poland, "They deceived us about the weapons of mass destruction, that's true. We were taken for a ride."

By Antigone on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 03:01 pm:

"But Bush also made an error when he corrected Kerry to say he forgot to mention Poland supplied forces when the invasion began. Kerry said there were three countries -- Britain, Australia and the United States -- and Bush said, 'actually he forgot Poland.'

"Poland later supplied troops and actually commanded a zone of Iraq. But it was not part of the original ground invasion. And though Bush said there are 30 countries in the coalition, he neglected to say that about a half-dozen countries have withdrawn their troops in recent months."

By semillama on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 03:21 pm:

"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never forget Poland."

By Antigone on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 03:44 pm:

Now hopefully there'll be a connection made between Ford's "no Soviet domination of Poland" gaffe in their debate and Bush's Poland statement. It's not much of a stretch because I've heard and read many pundits talk about Ford's mistake in the last couple of days. Sure, Bush's mistake wasn't nearly as bad as Ford's, but Ford's gaffe is widely credited as the turning point in that election.

By Antigone on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 04:37 pm:

National Review's managing editor rips Bush a new one over his debate performance.

"I thought Kerry did very, very well; and I thought Bush did poorly — much worse than he is capable of doing. Listen: If I were just a normal guy — not Joe Political Junkie — I would vote for Kerry."

By Nate on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 05:12 pm:

"I have called George W. Bush a Rushmore-level president. I believe history will bear that out; and if it doesn't, history will be wrong."

huh?

By dave. on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 05:22 pm:

yeah, that guy's a misguided wanker but at least he's honest.

anyone who tries to spin bush's performance as a positive for his campaign has forfeited their credibility. except maybe on a baghdad bob level.

By Nate on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 05:48 pm:

i'm in awe of the polarity in this country. i mean, this guy's view doesn't even resemble rationality to me. i don't understand how anyone could feel that way. i can't even begin to understand.

i'm sure he feels the same way about me.

By New Orleans on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 08:39 pm:

I am sorry to keep harping but I know that The Daily Show on COMedy Central (39 on the box) tonight at 10pm central will be another Great one.

It repeats at midnight.

By Rowlfe on Saturday, October 2, 2004 - 11:55 am:

So I'm reading now in the British press that Poland is going to pull its troops back from Iraq, or at least out of the really hot zones.

Ouch

"They deceived us about the weapons of mass destruction, that's true. We were taken for a ride."
    - President Aleksander Kwasniewski of Poland

more Bush notes
    http://www.imao.us/img/bush_notes.jpg

By Antigone on Saturday, October 2, 2004 - 01:27 pm:

IN SOVIET RUSSIA POLAND FORGETS YOU!

By kazu on Saturday, October 2, 2004 - 04:20 pm:

By Omega on Sunday, October 3, 2004 - 11:59 am:

the split screen version of the deabate is playing now on c-span .

(nice deabete notes kazu)

By on Sunday, October 3, 2004 - 04:21 pm:

love the rocket car Rowlfe,
    Heavy quote from the President of Poland

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact