NASA scientist examines Bush's Bulge

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: NASA scientist examines Bush's Bulge
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 11:08 am:

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/10/29/bulge/

If you aren't a salon subscriber, its worth sitting through the ad to get the one day pass.

Pretty much lays to rest any speculation that the odd shape on Bush's back during the first debate was anything but some form of wire.

By Sye on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 12:01 pm:

Does anyone else feel like Bush is acting like a teenager?

When I was younger, I used to make up the silliest lies to tell my parents about what I was doing, where I was going, etc. I would deny blatant facts until I was blue in the face, even though I knew deep down that my parents already knew about things I was doing.

Does anyone else feel that dubya expects us to pat him on the back and say, "It's okay. Mommy/Daddy's here for you. We know you messed up, but you're young, and that's what's expected of you..."

All those in favor of having a grown-up president say "I".

By semillama on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 12:17 pm:

Aye.

By dave. on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 12:20 pm:

aye.

By Antigone on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 02:13 pm:

Astute observation there, Sye. I guess since Bush was drunk continuously since he was a teenager it makes sense he'd still act like one. :)

By Sye on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 02:30 pm:

Go to any AA meeting and they will tell you that you stopped maturing once you started drinking.

By Antigone on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 03:02 pm:

And while you've got your Salon day pass, check out this story by a military intelligence solddier:

"But Al Qaqaa is not the whole story. The same month it was being looted, I learned of another major weapons and ammunition storage facility, near my battalion's base at Camp Anaconda, that was unguarded and targeted by looters. But despite my repeated warnings -- and those of other U.S. intelligence agents -- nothing was done to secure this facility, as it was systematically stripped of enough weapons and explosives to equip anti-U.S. insurgents with enough roadside improvised explosive devices, or IEDs, for years to come."

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact