HOLY FUCKING SHIT FUCK FUCK

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: HOLY FUCKING SHIT FUCK FUCK
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Antigone on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 04:29 pm:

OK, here's the news.

My boss just sat me down. Our company has been having problems for the last year or so. We're basically down to just two employees, me and him. In the last few days, though, it was looking like we were about to get some money and come out of hibernation, get back to working again.

So he had a meeting this morning and didn't get into the office until 1pm. He calls me into his office and says, "we need to talk."

He's going to federal prison.

Did you hear that?

He said he's been under investigation for a few years. The trial started in June. He thought he'd get no jail time. In two weeks he starts an 18 month term.

And he's been under surveillance. He said he say pictures of him going into and leaving his home and office.

That means I could have been under surveillance too.

And the internet connection to the office was probably under surveillance as well.

Say hi to the FBI, folks...

Anyway, I have no FUCKING CLUE WHAT I'M GOING TO DO.

Well, that's not completely true. I'm going to take a shit now.

By jack on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 04:48 pm:

whoa, dude. what was he doing?

i thought you were talking about moving to jersey anyway.

i bet some agents hit you up for the jizzmop script any day now.

have a good shit.

By Antigone on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 05:00 pm:

What was he doing? HUD loan fraud from a previous business, or something like that. Something to do with HUD. I don't know the details. I don't wanna know.

By jack on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 05:02 pm:

well i'm glad to hear it's from a previous endeavor, presumably unconnected to you.

By Gee on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 05:10 pm:

I'm sorry to hear that, Antigone. I think you're awfully smart, though, and I belive you'll be able to find another job soon.

By semillama on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 05:40 pm:

yes. good luck dood. That's fucking crazy. So you basically got a two week notice?

That's definitely one of the craziest sorabji work stories I've heard.

By Antigone on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 06:00 pm:

Yeah, jack, I'm so unconnected to it (aside from the effect on me now) that I didn't even know about it until an hour and a half ago.

Two weeks notice, sem? Something like that. He heads for federal pound you in the ass prison in two weeks. And he wants the business to keep going. Gotta hand it to the guy, he's quite an optimist.

He's very religious and thinks our current business direction was prophesied by god. He wonders why god is testing him like this, but thinks that it'll all work out for the better in the end. (For us, presumably...)

He won't seem to admit that maybe god is testing him because he FUCKED UP. Is it any coincidence that he's been telling me for the last month that I should vote for Bush? I think he's the poster child for what unquestioning religious optimism and hubris can create.

Anyway, I'm not worried much about finding another job. Though when they ask me "so why are you leaving your current job" I'm not sure I'll be able to avoid snorting and laughing like an idiot.

By Nate on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 06:24 pm:

damn, tiggy.. that's tits,Dave.

By semillama on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 06:26 pm:

Too bad he isn't headed to jail Monday - unless he can't vote now? One less texan for bush!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact