Bomb attack in London

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Bomb attack in London
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By V on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 07:31 am:

At 9 a.m. G.M.T., trains and bus services were blown up,about 6 bombs so far,more than 20 people dead,London is shut down,no one can get out,most of the cell phone net work is shut down or overloaded,(a cell phone can trigger a bomb),a lot of people have limbs blown off,we think Muslims are behind this,I see pics of the top deck of a double decker bus blown clean off,100 people on board,all trains shut down,the para medics are still clearing arms and legs off the railway tracks,will post more as I find it.....v,posting from London.

By V on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 07:40 am:

...I have been calling friends and relations in London on the land line to see if they are still alive,so far,so good,but I still have more calls to make.

By V on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 07:53 am:

...my Sister was in the twin towers one week before it was blown up,but in London today,I still cant contact her on the land line,my 3 cell phones no longer work,I hope she is still alive.

By V on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 08:11 am:

...why do Muslims hate us so much?...what have we done to offend them?...any ideas?...comments?...have to hang up now,need to find out if my Sister is still alive.,I think she was in central London today.

By V on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 08:26 am:

...my situation right now is trying to get my computer expert,Brian,out of London,all road rail and bus service is shut down,so about 5 p.m.,Im on a search and rescue mission.

By V on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 08:29 am:

...its 13.20,G.M.T. London time.

By V on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 08:36 am:

...you know,going through the shit I go through today,I feel in my guts,the next attack is on America.

By V on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 09:00 am:

...I have at this moment in time 2 or 3 relations I cant contact,its creepy.,tonight we do a head count...you know, this situation reminds me of a Jewish girlfriend of mine,she say "if you live in Isreal,you dont know if your Grandmother has been blown apart by a bomb untill you read in the papers the next day"...and so far, I dont know if all my people are alive,but I still have a land line in my left hand,Im on "redial" non stop,cant do much more...

By Antigone on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 10:35 am:

My sister, brother in law, and nephew just arrived there yesterday. They're all OK, as are my father and step mom.

Stay safe, V. I hope all your friends and family are OK.

By Rowlfe on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 12:05 pm:

And so ends Bush's vacation from Osama Awareness

By semillama on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 12:11 pm:

It's all part of the plan to fight terrorists over there so we don't fight them here, you know?

By V on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 12:20 pm:

Anti,l dont know what the hell is going on,3 of my people are no longer in contact,are you in no doubt your people are alive?tell me yes,we just dont need another 9/11,do we?...Anti,do you know for a fact your people are o.k.?...give me at least SOME good news,look,in London we still have a chance of more bombs going off,the people dead will be a lot more than 20,shit,went out for a 45 min walk to clear my head of this junk,and I still cant contact my Sister,like I say,cell phones are shut down.Cell phones set off bombs,you need to be 75 yards back,minimum.

By TBone on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 12:35 pm:

Actually, from what I've read, using your own cell phone is not a danger. The bomb itself has a cell phone in it, and the terrorist sets off the bomb by calling that phone's number.

I'm glad you're alright, and I hope everyone's peeps are alright too.

By TBone on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 12:37 pm:

And apparently they haven't shut down the cell networks, they're just overloaded from everyone calling everyone else.

By TBone on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 12:52 pm:

Or maybe it's both. Conflicting stories.

By V on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 01:10 pm:

...and I need to side track myself,so I will tell you what Mr.Bush say at G8,"Uh,people of the world,uh,you need to look at the people of India and China when you want to blame someone for global warming,blame them,not me,and uh,when we next have a meeting with the Indians and Chinese,vote for me,and uh,blame the Indians and Chinese,and uh,at the next meeting,uh,I will send some real fine p.r. guy in my place,uh,I am kinda busy playing golf with some African warlord whos name I cant say cuz I dont speak African,,but uh,if Bush is seen playing with a nigger,then Bush gets the nigger vote,and uh,trust me guys,200 years from now,your cars will be pissing water,trust me,Im the President of the U.S.A.

By V on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 01:24 pm:

Look,I find it hard to be happy right now,some of my people may be dead,its a London 9/11,but some how...you guys cheer me up,and I did not expect that.thank you.

By wisper on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 01:41 pm:

see, this wouldn't have happened if the UK had adopted a terror alert level colour system PREPAREDNESS LOL

Now I'm listening to Giuliani on CNN talk about how inspired he is that the people of London are going on with their lives and "not letting the terrorists win". That phrase is such a steaming load of bullshit. I hate it so much.

If their bombs go off as planned, they have won.
    Killing people and fucking shit up are what terrorists DO.
    They pretty much always win.

By V on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 01:42 pm:

..still waiting for an "Im alive" call from my Sister,now understand how 9/11 was for you guys.

By V on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 02:06 pm:

Whisper,v is in a war zone right now,what do you suggest?v does not dispute your ideas.

By droopy on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 02:07 pm:

hey terrorists! wisper says you won! you can quit bombing people now.

i hope things get better, v.

By V on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 02:27 pm:

V has found God,v found Giuliani,he will of course protect us from bombs,but v will tell you guys for a fact,im on line for 72 hours non stop untill I know all my people are alive.

By wisper on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 02:45 pm:

jeeze, maybe that's all they really want. They're like the kids on sports day at school who never won a ribbon :(
    Let's make them a big trophy. Awwwww....!

if i had unlimited resources i could make the cutest animated short right now about everybody letting the terrorists win the big soapbox derby race, and world peace is achieved.
    And everybody learns an important lesson about sharing and being yourself.

By patrick on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 03:01 pm:

i envision all those workers and commuters, in their charred and bloodied blouses and suits marching through the Afghan hills with machine guns demanding the heads of bin laden and his people.

give them weaponry and an free flight to the warzone.

let the real victims have their justice.

power to the proletariate and let the politicians with their rehashed nonsense crap about winning, and not bowing down etc etc sit and home or go play golf. pansies.

By Antigone on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 03:02 pm:

Yes, V, I'm certain. My dad uses Skype so they've been able to call me just fine. Hope you get to your sis.

By V on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 04:06 pm:

Anti,tween you and me,I think she is o.k., like me she beats most things,and she gave me an invite to the most awesome party on friday night,the only drink she gives out is J.D.,I just have to be there,8p.m.,spect you would do the same Sir,a party with endless J.D.,and about 50 girls aged about 20,friends of her amazing good looking daughters,my Sis has 2 of them,both stunning,spect my eyes will fall out,a good end to a bad 48 hours,yes?

By V on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 04:10 pm:

...and a big thank you to all of you that posted,we had another 9/11 today,and we got through it.

By semillama on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 04:31 pm:

9/11? no, not really. It's more akin to the IRA bombings of the 70s and 80s.

It's akin to to a typical day in Baghdad, sadly.

3000 people died on 9/11. Little bit of difference there.

not to diminish your pain or anything, but I'm giving the Brits a lot more credit here. This is horrible, but nothing compared to the Blitz. The brits will be fine. You can't rattle them as easily as you can Americans.

By Rowlfe on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 09:46 pm:

By jack on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 10:46 pm:

By V on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 12:37 am:

By V on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 05:28 am:

sem,you are correct in saying it was not 9/11...it was in fact 7/7

By V on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 05:41 am:

37 dead,700 wounded,and the Police say "more attacks are possible"

By Benoit on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 02:30 pm:

it seems strange to me that as Karl Rove is looking like a prime candidate for execution for treason, yet another terror attack diverts the attention of the world.

was it al-Qaeda? or the Central Intellegence al-Qaeda?

er, agency.

By Benoit on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 02:33 pm:

it seems strange to me that as Karl Rove is looking like a prime candidate for execution for treason, yet another terror attack diverts the attention of the world.

was it al-Qaeda? or the Central Intellegence al-Qaeda?

er, agency.

By Rowlfe on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 05:21 pm:

one of Toronto's papers, the Sun, is viciously conservative. their paper setup is like a tabloid, New York Post style.

Their banner headline today was
    "Bloody Hell"

yeah. thats right. 50 dead, 1000 injured - go ahead, make a British joke! show everyone how clever you are!

By V on Saturday, July 9, 2005 - 01:25 pm:

Rowlfe,you are so correct,perhaps some of our posters need to be splattered in human flesh and blood,as a few were on 7/7...its real,and it will happen again.I dont know who is next to die.

By V on Saturday, July 9, 2005 - 01:40 pm:

Benoit,if you find 700 + people in hospital with limbs blown off amuseing,you are one sick fuckhead.

By V on Saturday, July 9, 2005 - 01:53 pm:

Benoit,v spent 48 hours phoning my relations to find out if they were alive,so dont give me none of your smart ass shit...I expect your 13 years old,and you got at the computer when your Mother was out shopping,am I right on that,fuckhead?

By Benoit on Saturday, July 9, 2005 - 05:47 pm:

Not quite right, no.

I don't find it amusing. I find it fucking sick.

And I find it strange that whenever there is something unsightly going on in American politics, al-Qaeda blows something up.

Who would be better served in diverting the American attention away from its own corrupt government? It sure as hell isn't al-Qaeda.

By droopy on Saturday, July 9, 2005 - 06:21 pm:

what was the madrid bombing meant to divert our attention from? apparently it worked, because i don't remember.

By Benoit on Saturday, July 9, 2005 - 08:49 pm:

The Democratic Primaries?

The thing about the Madrid bombing is that it had an intent and effect contrary to US interests: It effectively caused Spain to pull support for the war in Iraq.

I don't know, it may be that the London bombings will have a similar effect, changing the way the UK and Europe participates in Bush's wars.

But I think it has more to do with Rove.

By patrick on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 02:09 pm:

thats fucked rowlf, because on friday, in LA, the LA Daily News had the very same headline.

It's a piece of shit paper to begin with. I saw it in the box on the corner and was set aback.

By V on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 02:54 pm:

Most of Europe hates America,England likes America,nothing will change,and the only Country in Europe that loves England is Holland...and as I drove past the mound of flowers at Kings Cross station today,I saw a small Canadian flag sticking out the the top.,who ever put it there,thanks....also,small bits of flesh are still being brought up from the blown up trains,we are still trying to put together 31 missing people from body parts.

By semillama on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 05:11 pm:

I disagree. I don't think that they hate America, but they hate our current government. Recall how badly Bush squandered all that good will towards the US after 9/11.

By V on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 06:13 pm:

sem,look,perhaps President Bush had some wrong info regarding the situation in Iraq,no w.m.d.,our p.m. Mr. Blair had the exact same info...o.k.,we got it wrong,but we have MILLIONS of Kurds that want to kiss your feet for sending in the troops,dont you agree on that?,I find it so odd,that NO one ever thinks of them,and I tell you what sem,and its just me,from v,s point of view,I was DISGUSTED to see soo much spray painting on walls saying NO WAR,if Mr.Blair,or Mr.Bush wants me to fight and die for western civilisation,I will do so,but thats just my own point of view.,and no offence intended to any other person that my see this.

By V on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 06:26 pm:

sem,if you were The President before the Iraq war,what would YOU do,tell me.,bear in mind you allready know light oil fields that produce diesel are at risk,not to mention the extermination of thousands of Kurdish in the south,plus,perhaps the chance of a few dirty nuke A bombs being set of in the U.S.? ...tell me.

By V on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 11:52 am:

...we now know who the last bomber was,some home grown Muslim idiot from the north of England.,and Saddam WAS looking for "yellowcake uraninium" in Africa,to wipe out a few American citys.,so dont give me that "no war" shit.Mr. Bush did the right thing.

By semillama on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 01:50 pm:

What sort of crack are you smoking?

If you think it's the right thing, let's see you join up and get your ass into Iraq. They need more people.

Jesus.

By V on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 10:30 pm:

...I take it your one of the "no war wimps",?...sem,you can be smart,but you dont post answers,do you?...and FUCK, would I like to be in Iraq!...but v cant get back in the army above the age of 28...do you remember that old saying "better red than dead"?...I take it you are telling me "better Muslim than dead",I like to think Americans will die for your freedom,but perhaps some of you prefer to give in to third world cavemen.

By V on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 10:34 pm:

I take it not one of your relations is in the U.S. Army?

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 10:07 am:

V, there are all sorts of people over there who aren't in the military. You could still go over there and lend a hand. Why are you wimping out?

By V on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 05:38 pm:

We could go out together.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 06:16 pm:

Why? I don't support the war.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 06:36 pm:

right. its those third world cavemen stealing our freedom.

right.

By semillama on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 08:45 pm:

Go fuck your self, V. My best friend is in Iraq right now. The best
    part of you dribbled down your momma's ass when that sailor got
    done with her.

If you support the US occupation of Iraq, then you're nothing but a
    damn fool.

If you support the war, mr. millionaire, put your money where your
    moth is and donate all your cash to get our boys some decent
    armor.

By V on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 05:50 pm:

YUP,FUCKING A,our brits have boots that melt in the sand,we also have the wrong gear,we dont have body armour,we get shot and blown apart same as Americans,and give v a scimitar,and v will cut off the heads of as many Iraq bastards as you want,I just dont have a problem with that,you Yanks only did one thing wrong,you did not use nukes.Mr, Bush is allways correct,if Muslims attack,kill them all.,Islam is a religion for idiots.It is anti-Christian,dont you understand that?...so dont give that "no war,not in my name" shit,v has seen too much that shit in London,Sem,v was in the the British Army,and I wish to God I was in Iraq right now.

By V on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 06:43 pm:

Sem,you must know by now my opinion,if someone attacks you, kill them,its in the Holy Qur,an,...for all to see,"if a man insults you,cut his head off",so we need to do the same to them Muslim bastards,they have insulted us in the west...and vote for Mr,Bush again,he is awesome.

By V on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 06:58 pm:

Yeah,an sem,is it right you are not willing to support your own President and Country?...are you a MUSLIM or somthing?

By V on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 07:24 pm:

Sem,admit it,you hate Americans.Do i piss you off sem?,I just want a smart reply,as you are an American citizen,I want your opinion,if you have the guts to give it on behalf of the U.S.A. to Europe.,but I,spect most of it is anti Bush,anti war, wimp bullshit.

By wisper on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 08:57 pm:

it would be pointless for sem to even begin to explain it to you v, because *YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH PROPERLY*

looks like someone was too busy trolling to read any of our hundreds of war discussion threads.
    what a surprise.

By jack on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 09:02 pm:

spoken like a true macho bible bashing truck-driving texan, whisper. you big red-neck butch man, you.

By V on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 03:55 pm:

...on friday v will make a formal complaint to New Scotland Yard police station regarding an English/Asian pop group (fun-da-mental) that has a song out about the glory of being a suicide bomber in London or New York,the T.V. news in London tonight tells me if even one complaint is made,the police will take action,so v will take action on 29-6-06,you blame me for doing so? no way is v going to be blown apart by some arab bastard that hates anyone that is not muslim...as a foot note,the group say its not anti-western,anti-Christian,its just,uh, "art" ,,,you believe that fucking bullshit?...if you get more information on the bunch of idiots,let me know.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact