Oh look, the Bush administration is collapsing.

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Oh look, the Bush administration is collapsing.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 08:05 pm:

This is good fun, watching that fucktard issue more public speeches in the last 3 months than he did his entire first term because of the shitstorm around him.

What's happening though, is nothing that many people didn't see right after 9/11. Did anyone expect him to be a good boy. Did Congress expect the Administration to be good? Doesnt anyone pick up a fucking history book?

By Rowlfe on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 09:05 pm:

i dont know how they're going to get out of this spying thing... even with the 'omg theres terrorists' defense, since they can already get any warrant they want through FISA theres no good reason whatsoever. nevermind if theres actually some legal loophole, its just pointless and a clear abuse of power.

i see rockefeller had that letter sealed, that Congress is already kicking around the 'no, we couldnt do anything about this' thing...

you can tell this is a huge deal by how much Bush is actually appearing about it, how he's lashing out. he's totally backed in a corner. if this doesnt take him down, what will?

By Antigone on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 11:15 pm:

Who gives a shit if there's a legal loophole? If Clinton can be impeached for parsing the definition of the word "is" to avoid perjuring himself over sex, we should be able to impeach Bush for this, and make it stick. I mean, for fuck sake.

Speaking of which, I'm wondering what Trace is doing these days.

By patrick on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 01:01 pm:

btw, i wonder how ole Scooter is doing these days? Isnt he due to sit down and talk about things in front a judge soon?

By Rowlfe on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 07:55 pm:

While Bush was calling Kerry a flip-flopper, he had a big bad flip-flop of his own in the closet:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/04/20040420-2.html

"there are such things as roving wiretaps. Now, by the way, any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it requires -- a wiretap requires a court order. Nothing has changed, by the way. When we're talking about chasing down terrorists, we're talking about getting a court order before we do so. It's important for our fellow citizens to understand, when you think Patriot Act, constitutional guarantees are in place when it comes to doing what is necessary to protect our homeland, because we value the Constitution. " - Bush, April 20, 2004

By patrick on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 08:28 pm:

i dont want you to 'value' the constitution asshole. I want you to respect its authoritaye and stop fucking around with it like some god damn chewtoy.

By dave. on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 11:17 pm:

i'm already tired of the wingnuts tossing out the line that clinton wanted to do the very same thing. as if that makes it ok. if i remember correctly, echelon was far from warmly received by virtually everyone who wasn't on the project's payroll. it's a red herring and shame on any host, moderator or anyone arguing for "the left" if they don't shut down that excuse, as soon as it's uttered, in defense of king george's blatant crime and his on-the-record lies about it.

impeachable.

By Rowlfe on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 08:29 pm:

Andrea Mitchell, uncharacteristically, did her job as a reporter today... explaining how Clinton didnt 'do it too' and neither did Carter, as the RNC is trying to desperately claim to be true by taking things out of context...

i dnot understand why if Cheney et al are so convinced this is legal, they dont just cite the law explicitly already.... oh wait, i do understand... because they're full of shit.

By Rowlfe on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 09:48 pm:

By dave. on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 01:39 am:

By dave. on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 02:24 am:

uhhh, acquaintances.

By Rowlfe on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 07:33 pm:

By Rowlfe on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 10:25 pm:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact