The Clampetts have struck again!

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: The Clampetts have struck again!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By eri on Monday, October 2, 2006 - 11:40 am:

Yeppers, they have.

Now I would like to say that the son looks like Jethro (more like eternally stoned boy rejected from southern rock band) and the daugher looked like Ellie May (but she looks more like clinically obese strawberry shortcake without bathing this year).

We haven't had anything to do with them for a long time (though we tried being nice at first, that didn't last long).

Someone tp'd their house like a month ago, and the youngest used it as an excuse to egg our house. So then she decides to tell Hayley we can't buy the house cuz they own it and won't let us (OK, then I guess we should be paying the rent to them). And she said we can't put our political sign in the front yard, and ripped it out when we were sleeping one night. So we put it back.

Now the sign is ripped out again, our house and our truck and our camping trailer are covered in tp, but I haven't examined for eggs or any actual "vandalism" yet. I'm trying to find someone who saw baby clampett do it so I can try to call the cops and teach her a little lesson, but we'll just have to see, cuz I also have to focus on going out of state for the funeral (we leave tomorrow morning).

By droopy on Monday, October 2, 2006 - 12:33 pm:

those people have no right to rip your "vote kinky friedman" signs out of your yard.

By Antigone on Monday, October 2, 2006 - 12:33 pm:

Webcams.

By Nate on Monday, October 2, 2006 - 01:07 pm:

removing political signs is a federal offense.

at least, that's what my highschool government teacher told us when we put 72 local election signs in her lawn.

and one realtor sign. those fucking things are heavy.

By eri on Monday, October 2, 2006 - 02:34 pm:

Cute Nate, funny.

By semillama on Monday, October 2, 2006 - 03:30 pm:

eri. Tie fishing wire to your new sign and connect it to a fence post, your porch, a tree or some similar immovable object. Leave enough slack that they get a nice jolt when they take off running with your sign and it gets yanked out of your hands.

Or, coat it with vaseline.

By eri on Monday, October 2, 2006 - 05:29 pm:

I so need a fence in front and some vaseline!

Her little friend was walking by with her earlier as I was driving my cousin home from the grocery store......Michaela had a big wave for me, and jr clampett looked pissed off that Michaela waved at me.

Of course, all that tells me is that Michaela didn't go to school AGAIN today and the boys are meeting them somewhere other that her house....

By sarah on Monday, October 2, 2006 - 06:44 pm:

some time earlier this year these "Yard of the Month" signs started appearing on the lawn of houses in our neighborhood.

which is funny on so many levels, i can't even begin.

and of course, the landscaping done on the houses whose lawns have had these signs is very, very nice.

but anyway... our next door neighbors, who for the record we LOVE, bought the house and moved in last year after having to leave New Orleans after Katrina. lovely people, really. but their front yard is so GHETTO. i mean, i realize they are starting over from scratch and have better things to worry about. but the fact is, they really let the whole yard go, and it looks comparably awful to most of the other yards on our block.

not that we care. even though they are our neighbors, it's not like we're concerned with what they do with their yard.

point is... i couldn't help myself. one night i went and stole the "Yard of the Month" sign off someone else's lawn and stuck it on our neighbors' lawn.

i guess that's kinda mean, but i know them well enough to know that they'd have a good sense of humor about it, and they did.

but it was just funny. this totally ghetto yard with that sign out front...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact