I'm in the news

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: I'm in the news
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 01:44 pm:

http://tinyurl.com/2lrgnp

Sort of mischaracterized what I said, but that's what I've come to expect from journalism these days.

By heather on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 02:03 pm:

yes, i plan to never speak to a journalist again for as long as i live, not that i expect one to be wanting to speak to me.

the city is so cheap! 100 million dollar building and they're complaining about 5k. sheesh.

your job seems so cool!

By Karla on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 02:25 pm:

That is too cool. What a neat job you have. A few years back, construction crews unearthed artifacts and remains from an old civil war fort in downtown Tampa. Now they require developers to hire archeologists to look for that sort of stuff. We have a lot of Indian burial sites and such around here, including three active digs right here on campus.

By eri on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 12:39 am:

Sem, you have one cool job. I'm so jealous!!!

Hell right now I am struggling to get the typical office job out here. It's all so weird.

I have another interview tomorrow, though......

By Dougie on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 11:22 am:

That's cool Sem. The article speaks of privvies -- I've got a buddy who makes a fortune digging up old bottles and selling them on e-bay. Most of his stuff comes from digging in old privvies. I don't know how he finds them (the privvies), but he does.

By semillama on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 02:45 pm:

Ah, privy-diggers. The bane of my existence.

of course, a lot of times, they don't dig them safely, and the privies end up collapsing on them, burying them alive.

By Dougie on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 05:55 pm:

Why? Getting in your way? Asking for leads?

In the news yesterday out here, a dude cutting grass on one of those Standing mowers that the operator stands/rides on fell into a cesspool, and the mower fell on top of him and crushed him to death.

By agatha on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 12:44 pm:

That picture is r0xrz! I got some strange pride chest-swelling reaction when I read that article, almost like if you were my son. Strange, I know.

By semillama on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 02:07 pm:

Privies are basically time capsules and full of infromation about the people who used them - besides the artifacts, studying the food remains and the remains of plants and pollen tells us loads about the environment, diet, and consumer choice. When a privy-digger goes into a privy, 99% of the time it's just digging everything out without any concern for recording what is found and where it came from in the privy. So basically, they destroy all the information potential of the privy. It's like going into a time capsule, taking out the "Harding for President" button, and burning all the rest.

By J on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 02:08 pm:

That's right on Sem. I have a vision of a television series with Sem,Kazu,and their little offspring traveling the globe searching for archaeological mysteries. A blend of Indiana Jones meets the Crocodile Hunter.Where can we go with this?

By heather on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 03:13 pm:

i see them digging up toilets from around the globe

and amazing us with the intense insight of human history

as much as it sounds like it i am not being facetious

it would be awesome

By Antigone on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 01:50 am:

"semillama jammed the heel of his work boot on a steel shovel, tossed the damp earth onto a screen held by a wooden frame, lowered himself and squinted.

He pulled off a heavy work glove to gently brush soil from a small fragment of bone."

Holy shit, man. The first two paragraphs make you sound so sexy...even I'd want to fuck ye. I think Barbara Carmen had the hots fer ya.

By wisper on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 03:14 am:

Eeeee hee hee i'm hearing sem's voice! :D

I think it was during that (awful) episode of the simpsons where they find the angel bones in the mall site....i mentioned to Rowlfe- "That's what sem does" and he didn't believe me.
    That's how cool your job is! People don't really believe that you do it!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact