Another major quake in New Zealand; moonit OK

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Another major quake in New Zealand; moonit OK
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By S emillama on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 03:44 pm:

in case there are those who aren't friends of hers on the main social networks, moonit is ok. Christchurch looks like hell, though.

By sarah on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 05:47 pm:

sucky.

By platypus on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 09:10 pm:

Phew! I was thinking about her yesterday.

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 12:48 am:

N.Z. had another earthquake, but which country did had a earthquake first last year? N.Z. or Chile?

By jaq on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 07:55 am:

haiti

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 01:44 am:

No jaq. Chile did had a earthquake, but the question is; which country did had a earthquake first? Chile or New Zeland.

By moonit on Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 01:58 am:

fuck off dr pepper who gives a flying fuck which one went first its not a fucking competition, i just heard a lady i used to deal with is dead, she is a friends mother in law, i'm sure there are going to be more names I know, its unbelivable...

we still have no water or power, we have friends who live just out of the city, they have given us their house while they've gone over to the west coast, we are so fucking lucky, my family are all okay, the wedding candy is safe (although i did open some reeses for comfort eating).

thanks for making a thread all about me, I cried, thanks eveyrone for your messages, i've uploaded some photos of my hood and my house....

By The Watcher on Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 02:15 am:

Thank god you're ok.

I've been thinking about Sorabji for some time. The earthquake pushed me back.

Again - Thank god you arer ok moonit!

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 11:05 am:

moonit... I was concerning about the tetonic plate, sorry to hear the loss..

By platypus on Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 03:12 pm:

moonit, if there is anything at all you (or anyone
    in your vicinity) need (emergency candy shipments,
    whatever), please do not hesitate to ask.

By sarah on Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 04:12 pm:

i think she needs candy.

By moonit on Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 07:42 pm:

i know i went a bit rabid there. whoops. yesterday was not a great day for me, but I just heard we have power and water back in our house - although only from the cold tap at this stage which means there must be something weird with the hot water cylinder, however this is better than nothing at all!

its raining her again today, so i feel for those with holes in their houses and the recovery effort will be hampered by it as well.

i think i'm still in shock, first time round we were so lucky that no one died, this time its so much worse.

thanks for the offers guys... at the moment all mail and couriers are halted - i do have some american candy that i was going to use as favours for the wedding, so far i've held off and only managed to open one packet of the mini reeses :)

will keep you all up to date...

m
    dogs are okay, not eating, but okay.

By wisper on Friday, February 25, 2011 - 12:33 am:

moo-moo <3

By patrick on Friday, February 25, 2011 - 01:28 am:

moonie needs beer

and candy.

hang in there kitty!

By kazu on Friday, February 25, 2011 - 09:12 am:

Hey Moonit,

I've been a little distracted this week, which is why I've been quiet. I am so happy to hear you're safe.

We're thinking of you.

By J on Friday, February 25, 2011 - 12:09 pm:

Moonit,I think it's time to relocate!

By moonit on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 01:58 am:

Thanks guys. We came back home today, apparently our neighbours caught some looters last night (the fuckers) and managed to hang on to them until the cops came. I would rather be in my own home with aftershocks I think then out in the country wondering what was happening here.

We have two dinner plates, three small plates and two bowls left. One wine, one martini and one margarita glass. Three coffee mugs, three glasses.

We had to chuck out everything in our fridge and freezer - all the frozen meat, we lost all our west coast whitebait (its like this weird tiny fish thingy thats really well known here) which we were going to use for the wedding. most of the food in our pantry ended up on the floor and got chucked out as well.

The kitchen vinyl now has a patchy yellow vibe going on.

I lost one bottle of vodka and one of malibu.

It's all on a list with things like photo frames and andrew's ski helmet, our tv from our bedroom which is in two pieces. Our claim for the earthquake commission is a pretty interesting list.

We have power and slow running water. We can't drink it or brush our teeth with it, it has to be boiled first. Our internet is back up and we can flush our toilet - although only sparingly.

our cats are fine, the dogs seem happy to be home, and I feel safe here.

I think I will be working from home for quite some time, our work building is cordoned off, but I am alive and so is Andrew and my mum and my aunts and uncles and cousins and I am so fucking grateful for that.

By patrick on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 09:09 am:

glad to hear some sense of normalcy is returning for you.

By Dougie on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 10:53 am:

So happy to hear you're ok, moonit!

By heather on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 10:48 pm:

I'm thinking just eat the candy you have and we can send you more.

*hug*

By moonit on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 03:00 am:

We had another fucking shocker of a bastard today. There was a 5.5 which knocked our power and then liquafaction started which was pretty interesting - it was gushing down the street. Our work has been operating out of a house for the last six weeks so this was the first major quake we felt in there - it was pretty stressful.

One of our suppliers rents a house round the corner as his office. He turned up about 10 minutes after the quake with pinky bars (pink marshmellow and caramel coated in chocolate) and baileys (irish cream whiskey stuff in case you don't have it there) which we all had two shots of. While we mucked around figuring out what to do, power came back.

I thought the team should go home so rang my boss and cleared it with her. We all cleared out - I was on my way home and just about to turn into my driveway when everything felt wrong - the car was moving up and down and the radio announcer cut in to say 'hang on chch its a big one'. It stopped and I watched all the scaffolding thats on the side of my local mall collapse. That was pretty bizarre. Apparently that was a 6.

Zoomed up the driveway and ran through the house again and got the dogs. This time we have power and very slow moving water, but once again the tv was on the floor and one of the doors to the cabinet has smashed. I opened the pantry which was a huge mistake as it rained glass. I have no margarita or wine glasses left. I think I will switch to plastic.

This is crazy, I can't believe it keeps happening. At what point does enough become enough?

By platypus on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 09:40 am:

Yikes! I worried about you when I head the news.
    This is getting a little ridiculous.

By Dr Pepper on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 11:16 am:

Sorry to hear about that.

By sarah on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 12:48 pm:

jesus h, moonit, i am so sorry. i mean, sucky doesn't even come close to expressing how awful it must be.

i'm glad you were not injured.

By semillama on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 04:21 pm:

At what point does it become "Normal" is what you should consider!

I envision the future of New Zealand architecture looking like the blow-up bouncy castles you can rent for kids' parties.

By moonit on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 03:10 am:

Dude I carry a headlamp in my handbag. In case something collapses on me at least I'll be able to have light. or something.

Everytime I go somewhere I try and park close to the exit (if its the mall) or out in the open air. I back into carparks to enable easy escape. Inside buildings I think about where I will go/hide/hang on to.

Blow up bouncy castles sounds good - just doesnt work with freezing frosts...

today I have a stress headache. ugh. one of my poor co-workers didnt come in today, she was cleaning up liquafaction in her front and back yard, and cleaning it up from inside her parents house. sucks.

By sarah on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 01:06 pm:

maybe all these earthquakes really *are* the beginning of the rapture.

By J on Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 03:18 am:

Maybe

By sarah on Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 05:54 pm:

not to make light of a serious situation. i'm just sayin'.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact