Gwen Ifill's Secret Nazi Affiliation!!!

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Gwen Ifill's Secret Nazi Affiliation!!!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 11:52 am:

I found this interesting. Last night it broke that the right-wing media had discovered Gwen Ifill (moderator for tomorrow's VP debate) is set to publish a book on inauguration day. The book is about the rise of blacks in politics, "The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama".

What I found interesting is that a google news search this morning for Gwen Ifill yielded a number of articles, left and right media, that talk about Ifill's trouble in the upcoming debate. The left media talked about how she broke her ankle, the right media talked about the book.

The mccain campaign claims to not have known anything about the book before drudge broke it, but I have find that hard to believe. This late break clearly favors the right. Whatever happens tomorrow night, Biden is now handicapped by the perception of a biased moderator.

Biden was definitely never going to get any benefit from Ifill's personal bias (which we can probably safely speculate, but don't really know). Ifill is full of integrity.

By Antigone on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 12:19 pm:

Secret Muslim!!!!!

By Rowlfe on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 02:28 pm:

Ifill definitely favored cheney in the 04 VP debate, i do remember that.

Didn't matter much, Cheney crushed Edwards as John did a terrible job fighting back. "Senator Gone" was a killer, even if it extremely hypocritical out of Dick's mouth.

By patrick on Thursday, October 2, 2008 - 01:13 pm:

what's most annoying about this is that it is yet another example of how this motherfucker is not prepared to be a president. just like his pisspoor choice of a veep, whomever dropped the ball in vetting this woman as moderator they should be fired. they shouldnt be surprised by this.

total lack of preparation and here they are coming off like the whiny bitches they are

By platypus on Thursday, October 2, 2008 - 02:49 pm:

"Because life isn't fair..." may just be my new favourite McCain quote. How can anyone hear/read/see the tripe coming out of the McCain campaign and not see it for, well, the whiny little bitch bullshit it is?

By patrick on Thursday, October 2, 2008 - 04:05 pm:

but you know, they had to have known about this book. they probably just held back as to give Palin a way out....which I think someone already mentioned. they can't be that stoopid, can they?

By semillama on Thursday, October 2, 2008 - 06:17 pm:

Anyone read the Rolling Stone article on McCain. wow.

By platypus on Thursday, October 2, 2008 - 07:55 pm:

Yeah, I actually just finished it. Wow indeed. (Here's a link for those of you lagging at the gate.)

By Nate on Thursday, October 2, 2008 - 09:21 pm:

"George W. Bush was a much better pilot"

it burns.

i think that given the same opportunities, i would have behaved much the same as mccain.

one more reason to vote obama.

By Dougie on Friday, October 3, 2008 - 10:36 am:

I didn't think Gwen did that great of a job moderating last night. A couple of times, she gave different questions to each candidate beforehand, allowing one to think of their answer during the time the other was answering. Also, she didn't press Palin to answer the question at hand. "Governor Palin, what is your view on Russia?" "Gwen, I'd like to speak about the merits of iguanas if I may." "Ok Sarah, go right ahead."

By sarah on Friday, October 3, 2008 - 12:23 pm:

hah! so true!

By heather on Friday, October 3, 2008 - 02:30 pm:

as nate was saying, she couldn't take palin to task without causing the post-debate to be about how ifill favors obama.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact