lack of daylight

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: lack of daylight
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 06:29 pm:

Wonder why lacking the daylight makes few people feeling depressing?

By Spider on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 07:10 pm:

Because it's dark and people don't like the dark?

I don't know. I'm the opposite. In fact, one of the reasons I passed up the chance to move to Alaska was because of the extra long days in spring and summer.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 08:52 pm:

Yeah I know Spider, it is 24 hours of daylight DURING the summer time, especially the artic circle, but I was talking abour during the wintertime.

By spiracle on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 10:35 am:

It is a chemical thing. Vitamin D and melatonin. Both of which
    the sun helps your body create and release, respectively. Both
    play a role in your mental health. And stuff.

By spiracle on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 11:22 am:

Had a bath. And in that bath I realized it is seratonin not
    melatonin.Right? I dont know. Melatonin is skin tan pigment ?

By jack on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 01:45 pm:

melatonin is not melanin

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 01:45 pm:

I am glad that it is sunny outside right now. I plan to go to the library this afternoon. And ,I will check it out about the information on Vitamin D and Melatonin. I have tried St John Wort, not Warts. It threw me off balance worse than I thought it could help my depression.

By jack on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 01:46 pm:

people are afraid of the dark

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 01:47 pm:

Not me, I am alright when it is dark outside, but as referring to lacking of daylight , such as gray, gloomy and heavy cloudy condition. So, jack, how is your day today?

By jackalope on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 02:13 pm:

it's bright and sunny

i gotta wear shades

By Antigone on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 02:46 pm:

Full spectrum lightbulbs. Use them.

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 03:20 pm:

Alight Antigone. Thanks for advice

By patrick on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 06:42 pm:

christ. isnt it obvious? it has little or nothing to do with all that vitamin D nonsense. thats just crackpot science.

Dr. Pepper let me answer your question as to why people are sad when its overcast and gloomy out with a question...ever heard the phrase "rain on your parade"?

Most people have had their parade rained on at least once in their life, and for those who say they havent, well, clearly they've filed the wet incident away in their unconscious so deep they cant draw it up. so that said, what do gloomy, overcast clouds usually implicate? rain. and quite possibly on *your* parade. so who can be happy with that looming overheard....literally.

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 07:11 pm:

Hi ya Baffled...

By papa on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 07:23 pm:

hi ya dr pepper in texas. how did you get so smart?

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 08:07 pm:

Sorry, jack, I am not in Texas, you know what I was talking about right? capisci.

By papa on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 08:22 pm:

hiya dr pepper in iowa. how is the enchilada?

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 08:25 pm:

Sorry, nope, I am not in Iowa. Tsk.

By papa on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 08:26 pm:

hiya dr pepper in idaho. how are things in illinois?

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 08:33 pm:

Di you had a dinner a hour ago? Huh?

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 08:33 pm:

*Did

By papa on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 08:37 pm:

sorry, nope, i am not in *did. how are things in the dark?

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 09:30 pm:

Jack I mispelled ,No, we didn't have any power outage.

By papa on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 09:34 pm:

why do you mean jack? i am papa. how are things in chicagoland?

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 10:35 pm:

you know what I was talking about.

By papa on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 10:59 pm:

poor pelling? deep dish pizza?

By Antigone on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 11:15 pm:

Not crackpot science, patrick. I've known that my moods move with the seasons since I was about 10. It only really became a problem after I lived in Minnesota for four years. Even though I'm back in Texas I keep full spectrum lights in my house and usually start hitting the St John's Wort around October. Keeps me on an even keel.

By papa on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 11:52 pm:

papa says

it's possible that patrick's post was somewhat tongue in cheek

By patrick on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 10:43 am:

tiggy you should know better to know that i know better.

this the pepper's playdate.

By Stephen Patrick Morrissey on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 08:29 pm:

Papa Jack
    Wants to turn
    Back the clock
    And reach out
    To the kids
    He once had
    Who have flown

Papa Jack
    In decline
    Feels inclined
    To reach out
    To the kids
    He once had
    Who have flown

But there was a time
    When the kids reached up
    And Papa Jack just
    Pushed them away

Looking deep
    In his heart
    Papa Jack
    Doesn't like
    What he sees
    Or the time
    On his hands

The dying day
    The chilly sun
    Papa Jack
    All alone
    Sings slow
    Grieving and low

But there was a time
    When the kids
    reached up
    Now you can't always
    Have it your way

By Linus Wright on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 09:53 pm:

Education is the bedrock of a stable society.

hold the pickles, hold the lettuce
    special orders don't upset us
    all we ask is that you let us serve it your way
    have it your way
    have it your way

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 02:36 am:

jack, that quote you posted"Education is the bedrock of a stable society. " When I was living in Dallas, Texas. Few of them didn't do well teaching us, cause, a long ago, they wanted more $$ in raise. Since the D.I.S.D. couldn't give them raise, cause they were into financial turmoil. If the teacher do not wish to teach us in the general subject of studies; because of pay raise.like I said before; the system failed us. Unless if you guys wish to say something about the subjects that jack bought up with us tonight mentioned formerly Dallas school superintent named Linus Wright.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 02:38 am:

jack, I will suggest that you fly down to Dallas as of right now, and go see several schools across Dallas, and tell me what do YOU think of the school systems? Huh?

By heather on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 03:00 am:

the evidence is abundant

By droopy on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 02:04 pm:

the disd is definitely in a shithole right now, but when did you go to school there? what year did you graduate, if you did?

By Ackbar on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 10:47 pm:

It's a trap!

By ackjay on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 12:19 am:

FAIL

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 02:37 am:

Droopy, I went there from fall of 1982 and I had to leave 1984. I had some trouble adjusting with my Mother, around Aug or Sept, Since every children started the school, my mom decided to move there and she took me and my sister down to Dallas, I never knew why, but years later, my brother told me that my Mother suffered depression and she had "issue" with my Father. That is why I wasn't happy with the school system, and she (Mother) bitching about my Father. So ,I couldn't take it very well between school and Mother's issues. Few of kids at school think my Mother is kinda of weirdo....

Antigone, what do you mean "It's a trap!"
    jack, Hi!

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 02:40 am:

1 Disturbed
    2 Trauma
    3 Withdrawn

By heather on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 04:00 am:

this is mysterious

By patrick on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 03:35 pm:

reminds me of a reply i got to my ad selling my camaro...something like this

"yes hello do you still make car available for transaction? if so I am send you cashier check in the amount of your sale. my shipping company will come make car to my home at your pleasure."

at first i was like, holy shit borat is buying my car. then I thought... dude...if your going to try swindle money from americans may i suggest freetranslation.com

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact