20 weeks

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: 20 weeks
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dougie on Sunday, July 5, 2009 - 11:54 pm:

Hi all, after a perfect July 4th weekend, I just left my wife at the hospital. She's 20 weeks pregnant, and this afternoon, she complained of cramps and bleeding. Took her to the emergency room, and they now have her in a Labor and Delivery room bed, with her feet above her head to relieve pressure, confined to mandatory bed rest as long as she's pregnant, until the baby is viable at 24 weeks. I'm not posting this for sympathy, but if you could please say a prayer, think a good thought, or send some good karma her way, it would be much appreciated. She is such a trooper, especially after all she's been through to have this baby, what with the ectopics and miscarriages, and finally this IVF that took, and I love her dearly, and we truly want this baby. They say that everything happens for a reason, but I can't see any reason for this, unless we're just not meant to have our own children. Thanks very much.

By droopy on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 12:20 am:

thinking good thoughts, sending good vibes, and hoping for the best, dougie.

By ... on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 02:27 am:

By Dougie on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 03:52 am:

Thanks droopy. Got called back to the hospital. She went into labor, and he was delivered stillborn. We got to see him, and say goodbye. He was perfect, but he wasn't meant to be. He was to be named Henry.

By heather on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 10:19 am:

oh dougie

so terribly sorry

By Patrick on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 10:58 am:

man. dougie.

strength and hope for the both of you to recover and find some way to prosper and find light and goodness from such a tragic event.

By J on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 11:04 am:

I'm so very,very sorry Dougie.

By platypus on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 11:20 am:

Oh, Dougie, I am so sorry. It sounds like your wife has been very brave. I hope that you two find peace.

By kazu on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 11:35 am:

Oh, Dougie I am so very, very sorry.

By Dr Pepper on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 11:53 am:

Dougie. I am sorry to hear about that, it makes me upset.

By agatha on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 12:19 pm:

How heartbreaking. I'm glad you two got to say goodbye. I'll be thinking about you and your wife today. xoxo

By semillama on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 04:47 pm:

My condolences, Dougie.

By moonit on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 08:05 pm:

I'm so sorry to hear this Dougie.

By sarah on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 09:56 pm:

oh Dougie. i am so very very sorry. i can't help but cry for you and your wife's loss. my thoughts are with you.

i hope you try again at having a baby. it's not uncommon for these things to happen and it doesn't mean that babies are not in your future.

By Danielssss on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 10:51 pm:

Very sorry to hear of your loss. take heart that after two lost children at birth and loss of half of wife's standard operating equipment b/c of ectopic, we had two wonderful births, our two sons, now 25 and 27. What Sarah says.

By ... on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 11:39 pm:

i am sorry, D, for your wife, for you, and for Henry. i know a couple to whom this happened and they made beautiful babies the next times around. you guys can do this.

By Dougie on Tuesday, July 7, 2009 - 09:02 am:

Thank you so much, everybody. It means a lot to us. Yes, my wife has very brave through all of this -- more so than I could ever imagine being, and we will continue to try. And if it's not meant to be within a few years, we will certainly adopt.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 7, 2009 - 03:42 pm:

Goddamn, man. Sorry.

By Spider on Tuesday, July 7, 2009 - 11:15 pm:

Shit, Dougie. You and your wife and Henry are in my thoughts tonight.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact