Went out on a evening walk

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Went out on a evening walk
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dr Pepper on Monday, June 28, 2010 - 01:24 am:

I went out for a walk today, needs some fresh air. found two gift cards, one is from Wal-mart, the other is "Rent.com" an ebay company.

I checked the Rent.com, no luck, cause it expired on Dec of 2009, however, I tried Wal-mart, it has the remaining balance of .21 cents.

You will never know what the value of the gift cards.

By J on Thursday, July 1, 2010 - 12:43 am:

You seem lucky,ever find cash? I found $20.00 once in a parking lot at Christmas time.I gave it to the Salvation Army bell ringer and felt really good about it.

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, July 1, 2010 - 01:32 am:

LOL J! Nice of you doing that, fuuny thing that occured to me was that, I happened to spotted a $20.00 in the wastebasket that sitting on front of c-store. Not one, but twice .

The other times, I just returned to my hometown after 4 hours round trip, a friend of mine is a disability and volunteer took him to his parent's house, by that time when I came back home. I stopped at the gas station cause I needed was Dr Pepper and a Hostess cup cake, and spotted a 20.00 under the propane tank rental storage cage.

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, July 1, 2010 - 01:34 am:

I will be going on a nice walk on a 3 days weekend, getting tired and fed up with my company... sick and tired on how ppl not doing their jobs.

By Doob on Friday, July 2, 2010 - 03:41 am:

J, "felt really good about it?" how is that? please explain....

By J on Sunday, July 4, 2010 - 12:32 am:

I found it in a strip mall,I was going to a Hallmark store to get a baby's first ornament and there it was.There was a Walmart in the strip mall and I contemplated turning it in to customer service but like my daughter pointed out,someone there would probably falsely claim it.
    So I gave it to Salvation Army and thought that would give me some good Karma.

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, July 4, 2010 - 05:17 pm:

Went out for a 6 miles walk, resulting filled up two 30 gallons trash bags full of aluminum cans. I haven't done that since my teenager days. althought I am financially strapped and already suffered a little heat exhaustion.

Back in my days, I lived with my mother and we didn't have money, it is not much of allowance that my dad gave me, so I thought what it is like to pick up all of the cans and so on.

In other hand, I found total 51 cents in coins that has been sitting on the shoulder of the road. and I almost filled up the jars of pennies.

But this led me into tempting that whetever should I go to the toll booth where I lives near interstate highway, I am sure of that there are loose coins lying allover the pavement.

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 04:44 pm:

Enjoyed a nice walk yesterday and today, found few more dimes than pennies.

By Antigone on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 06:55 pm:

Went on a walk last night. Met buddha on the road. Know
    what I fuckin' did?

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 09:32 pm:

What ?

By Antigone on Monday, July 12, 2010 - 02:27 am:

Not that!

By Dr Pepper on Monday, July 12, 2010 - 01:18 pm:

What did you do then?

By J on Monday, July 12, 2010 - 01:52 pm:

You took the high road and Buddha took the low road and you'll get to nirvana before him!!

By Buddhadaniel on Monday, July 12, 2010 - 04:34 pm:

went on a walk last night from italian restaurant to car, from car to garage door opener, from garage to house, then watched the stars from the hot tub, felt disconsolate and abandoned. wlaking did not help. met no buddhas anyway, but wasn't looking either.

the universe is 99.9 % empty, right?

By Daniel on Monday, July 12, 2010 - 04:37 pm:

wlaking never is the same as walking.

How bout them oil driller folk a-capping that little hole in the ocean bottom? won't find buddha there. may be.

not enough sanity to go round on this Monday. SaRAH are you a walking to the plane or or you a walking on da beach yet?

By heather on Monday, July 12, 2010 - 08:47 pm:

the universe is more empty than that.

By Danielme on Monday, July 12, 2010 - 10:14 pm:

ah but we are there somewhere in it, right, and we account for at least one tenth of one percent? or are we just stardust anyway? I feel less than zero, less than dust, an outlier in a farwaway galaxy communicating with other particles of dust. going out for a walk on the shuttle's wing right now. tether me, heather, tether me.

By A on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 01:38 am:

saturn's own cock ring full of dust!

By sarah on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 10:59 am:

i can't even find the words to talk about it yet.

in summary

since marriage and children, if there is anything left of me, it lives in hawaii.

also, i hate texas.

By sarah on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 01:04 pm:

actual conversation that transpired this morning

JM: When we visited Hawaii we went to the Pearl Harbor Memorial.

me: Pretty sobering, isn't it?

JM: Well yes, but I was very surprised by how many Japanese people were there. It made me very uncomfortable. I couldn't help thinking, it was YOU people who did this to us!

me: I wonder if they have a Hiroshima memorial in Japan that American's visit.

By sarah on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 01:05 pm:

Americans

i'm not stupid. i do that apostrophe thing all the time on sorabji, so rarely anywhere else. it's super irritating.

By sarah on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 01:12 pm:

actual conversation that transpired while we were in hawaii

Dad: Mike, I'd like to introduce you to my family.

Mike: Nice to meet you all.

Natalie: Waaahhhhhhhhhhhhh (age appropriate stranger anxiety)

Mike: Oh, I must be the first brown person she's ever seen.

wtf

By semillama on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 01:28 pm:

There is a Hiroshima Memorial in Japan, but I don't know how many Americans visit it, and how the Japanese feel about it.

Also, since Hawaii has a large Japanese-American population, how did JM know all of the Japanese people weren't fellow citizens?

By heather on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 02:01 pm:

i don't tether anyone

<3 sarah

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 02:58 pm:

I ATE HIM!

By patrick on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 05:10 pm:

my emotions are rather pricked lately for LA. Im missing it.
    Watching the newly released 7th season of Curb the other night
    (they always film on location, never on set) i was poked and
    prodded about various locations. Last night I dreampt I took my
    old job. Over the weekend I had a long conversation with a
    stranger at a wedding I was bartending who knew my old street
    and some of my neighbors and acted for the theatre company I
    used to work for.

Poke poke poke.

Im not as bored with Durham as I am with my life in general and
    I think that is causing me to associate this feeling with leaving
    LA and somehow returning to LA is the answer. Yeah the baby is
    great but were tight money wise.....in LA we had 6 figures a year.
    Here she cant find a job to save her life. My boss is a prick and in
    general Im unsure which course to chart for the rest of my life
    and in general feel like time is running out. Its like that fucking
    countdown clock from 24.

unrelated it was either beer or meat. i

bye bye meat!

m not sure if it will work. tonight its new belgium skinny dip.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 09:37 pm:

For some reason my daydreams dift around Tokyo these
    days.

Never been there.

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 01:27 am:

Sarah, I hope you don't mind my asking; why do you hate texas?

Semillama, you know how I feels about japansese attitude towards to us, they shoulda, coulda, and woulda have not bought the raw material of uranium-237 from the germany at the first place, and NONE of this will happened.

By Daniel on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 01:35 pm:

Hiroshima memorial in Japan is frequented by both Americans and Japanese. It is a somber place. Both American and Japanese are somber, reflective and respectful there for the irreparable loss of life and family.

One of the scientists aboard the Enola Gay tried to commit suicide several times in order to forget what he saw when the plane dropped the bomb. He never succeeded, but his adult daughter, seeing what her father went through for "the sake of peace" did complete her suicide from a bridge in New Mexico. And he experienced the loss again and again, viewing his memory and seeing that bridge.

My sons camped on the beach of a neighboring island in view of the Hiroshima memorial, and report that despite the 12 yr old scotch and the crazy australian on that beach, the rain was wet, hangingly wet, errie and mosquito ridden, knowing what memorial was within sight. Death -- that kind of useless death, wholesale death-- haunts any of us with a conscience.

Take a look at Elena Filotova's photowebsite on Chernobyl for another memorial of man's inhumanity to man.

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 01:05 am:

You know, I saw the document on the "History Channel", it brings you some closer looks on survivors who survived the atomic bomb in Hiroshima and Nagaski. I don't want to say some words. but, that things changed every images forever.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact