the clit

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: the clit
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Waffleboy on Thursday, July 1, 1999 - 07:40 pm:

By Waffleboy on Thursday, July 1, 1999 - 07:51 pm:

By R.C. on Thursday, July 1, 1999 - 10:59 pm:

How do you find this stuff?

You must be hanging out w/Nate on the sly...

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Friday, July 2, 1999 - 08:40 am:

I can only imagine what would happen to me if I ever posted a link to a notty picture I liked on the boards!

Heh.

By Waffleboy on Friday, July 2, 1999 - 11:07 am:

go ahead Jim, we love and your sexuality, give all you got, we all love a good laugh gay or straight..

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Friday, July 2, 1999 - 02:07 pm:

*Jim gives the Waffledude a big ole hug*

:-)

By Waffleboy on Friday, July 2, 1999 - 02:23 pm:

ahhhhh.....Jim FYI, I work for one of the gayest companies in America, we publish gay smut, gay books and one of the most prominent gay news magazines in the world, but due to publicity reasons i am now allowed to say under these types of circumstances, i am surrounded by gay humor

by the way if any of you Sorabjites are interested in seeing what the waffledude looks like. I am featured on a book cover for a book that will be released in August,

By Dave on Friday, July 2, 1999 - 09:47 pm:

We just had a really cool earthquake.

By R.C. on Saturday, July 3, 1999 - 04:15 am:

Only Left coasters can use "cool" & "earthquake" in the same sentence...

Am I correct in assuming that you & Agatha & the baby & the pets are all fine? No property damage?

Wait -- you guys have a dog, right? Aren't dogs supposed to be able to 'predict' earthquakes? Or was it ground hogs?

I swear -- the 1st time I felt the ground tembling under by feet/I'd be on packed & on a plane the next damn day!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Saturday, July 3, 1999 - 08:59 am:

Waffledude-- I remembered reading that before. ;-)

And tell us the book name so we can watch for it.

By Waffleboy on Saturday, July 3, 1999 - 12:57 pm:

The Irreversable Decline of Eddie Socket, it's aclassic tale of a young man going to new york from the small town, meeting a sugar daddy and swirling about in a whirlwind of passion, jealousy, money and well the tragic end .....

actually RC supposedly cats start acting real funny before an earthquake. But we have so many earthquakes daily here it s hard to tell, becasue you don't feel them ...they are only like 1.0-3.0.

By R.C. on Sunday, July 4, 1999 - 02:17 am:

But I saw that shit in Wash. state on the news.
    There was a small quake Fri./then a much larger one Sat. Several homes were destroyed. And now I'm worried abt Agatha et al.

By Gee on Sunday, July 4, 1999 - 03:40 am:

Well, since we're talking about gay stuff, I have a story. Because it really ruins the effect when I dummy it down, I am going to swear in the following story. You've been warned.

My mother's best friend is gay, and he's very very Very out. He and my mother are really close, and he usually refers to himself as Queer Boy, and my mother as Squaw Bitch. Last year he sent my mother a tee-shirt that said "SQUAW BITCH" in great big letters, and down in the corner it said it was a "Queer Boy Inc." product.

I had a crush on him when I first met him. He's Very intelligent. Kind of a slut, though.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Sunday, July 4, 1999 - 09:44 am:

MMMmmmm queerboy sluts. MMMMmmmm.

By Pink Eye on Sunday, July 4, 1999 - 10:18 am:

it can happen, james...

By Agatha on Sunday, July 4, 1999 - 02:42 pm:

we are all fine, rc. thanks for your concern. it was just a little ground boogie, nothing more.

By Waffleboy on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 10:55 am:

RC, you have better chance of getting killed in a hurricane in florida, they cause more death and damage per year, it's all a matter of perception. There is nothing like a good earthquake party, I am justing wating for a good one to roll around so I have an qualified excuse.......

By Sheila on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 12:21 pm:

i would go out of my way to be in an earthquake. they are delicious. i yearn for them.

By Mala-dicta on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 12:39 pm:

Hey Sheila I feel your sarcasm.I,m glad to see you pop up here,Ive been meaning to post you about this site I found.It use to be called the Minning Company,now it,s About Now,check out the health board,I think it might help me with my problem.You couldn,t pay me to live in California,even if it,s just a little one I would be freaking,but then again I,m a chickenshit about things like that.

By Waffles on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 01:29 pm:

yeah you are

By Agatha on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 01:51 pm:

i don't think that sheila was being sarcastic. that's one of the reasons that i love her.

By J on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 02:18 pm:

Oh shit Sheila,sorry.I guess it just pointed out that I,m a chickenshit.Damn!

By Sheila on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 03:55 pm:

About Now would certainly be helpful to someone with health problems.

Probably no one would pay you to live in California.

Those healthy persons on About Now--I'm sure they are from California.

By J on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 04:36 pm:

I,m not very sick,but I,m not well.That must explain why I live here.

By Waffleboy on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 06:15 pm:

just in case you joined this thread late, check the very amusing links at the top

By sarah on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 05:17 pm:

i've come to the conclusion that the needs of the mind are very different from the needs of the body.

this has been my food mantra lately, when i am trying ascertain real vs imaginary hunger, real vs imaginary caloric/nutritional needs of a typical day.

but this also applies to sex as well.

sex or sexual release is of course an innate biological human need. however, the degree of need or desired frequency for sex is not a body issue, but rather a mind issue.

food and sex bring us pleasure so the mind wants more and more of that pleasure. the body, however, does not need to eat as much as our mind would like us to, nor does it need to have sex as much as our mind tells us we should.

i used to want to have sex a lot, back in my early 20's. i think even then it was more a need of the mind than the body. now, still, there is no sex drive. this has been the case for a long, long time. i used to masturbate 3-6 days a week and have vivid fantasies. now i force myself to do it about once a month, just to take care of the innate biological need of the body, perhaps even just for stress relief.

maybe this is a result of the endocrine meltdown. disabled adrenals. having a body that is unable to convert the thyroid T4 to T3; having, basically, dead ovaries - cystic ovaries that produce inconsequential amounts of estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone.

the thought of having sex with anyone is actually revolting. perhaps this also is because i have never been in a relationship where sex was shared with love or meaning or tenderness or... or anything but just fucking. but, that is a need of the mind [or the soul, as the case may be] and not of the body. the mind wants to be held [maybe even the skin] and the genitals want to fuck.

of course, i'm full of shit most days. so, i don't know, that's all i wanted to say, i guess.

By patrick on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 05:27 pm:

WOW....

funny to see what my sorry ass was into way back when.

clits. still into em, no doubt...but still. i think that was when i actually surfed the web.

nothing shocking and jane says.

ironically dave speaks of an earthquake above.

damn i really miss jim

By J on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 10:58 am:

Me too.

By sarah on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 11:31 pm:

i am going to see The Vagina Monologues sunday night with my friend Cecily. it stars Tootie from The Facts of Life!

By Nate on Saturday, June 29, 2002 - 01:27 am:

evil.

By semillama on Saturday, June 29, 2002 - 03:50 pm:

"There's something I like about the clitoris, but I can't put my finger on it." -George Carlin

By patrick on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 12:07 pm:

ugh.

"The buffoonish hooting and hollering incited by Ensler's supposedly naughty play is really the hysterical desperation of aging women who have never come to terms with the cruel realities of nature and who cannot face the humiliating fact that, despite their accomplishments, they will always be culturally swept away by the young and beautiful. That in the year 2001 the group chanting of crude four-letter words for female genitalia is viewed as some sort of radical liberation implies that the real issue in the "Vagina Monologues" isn't male oppression but bourgeois repression -- the malady of the dainty, decorous professional class that was created in the first century after the Industrial Revolution."

-Camille Paglia

more on that here if you give a damn

By semillama on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 12:42 pm:

I don't. Paglia is irrelevant.

By patrick on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 12:45 pm:

who is relevant?

By The Watcher on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 02:15 pm:

I saw it on HBO.

I think there ought to be a male equivelent.

I'd opt for satire.

By Nate on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 06:57 pm:

paglia kicks ass.

By sarah on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 09:19 pm:

paglia didn't like it because it was hardly at all political.

the best monologue was the one about childbirth. the second best one was about the woman who slept with Bob, a man who enjoyed looking at her vagina for long periods of time, before having sex, and how it made her feel (strange at first, then very good).

i could write a lot about the play and the topic of vaginas and female sexuality, but i'm tired and don't feel like it.

i will say that i enjoyed it very much. it was organice, not overproduced. it was sad in parts but mostly very funny. i laughed my butt off, and tootie was great. i highly recommend it.

By Nate on Tuesday, July 2, 2002 - 12:02 am:

did you read paglia's essay on it? she didn't like it because it became men bashing, backwards propaganda.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 2, 2002 - 11:56 am:

there's some other blurb by Paglia somewhere in salon that points out how negative the show is...how it draws attention to such matters as genital mutilation and other means of female sexual oppression.

Paglia seems to prefer a more sex positive brand of feminism.

By sarah on Tuesday, July 2, 2002 - 11:52 pm:

men bashing? hmmm hard to believe that's what she got out of it. sure, some of the monologues were about some women's bad experiences involving men, but there were an equal number about good experiences.

i found it neither overly positive nor overly negative.

By patrick on Wednesday, July 3, 2002 - 11:43 am:

well it hasnt been the same exactly mnonologues for years now has it? I assume they have changed. Paglia's comments were written a year or two ago.

By sarah on Wednesday, July 3, 2002 - 07:28 pm:

maybe that's the case, i don't really know much about the history of the monologues.

but fuck almighty, does everything have to be an issue? paglia needs to lighten up and have a laugh. it was mostly quite funny. you know, as in "ha ha ha!"

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact