For all us micks out there

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: For all us micks out there
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rhiannon on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 02:12 pm:

BELFAST, Northern Ireland (Reuters) - One of the last elements of Northern Ireland's peace accord fell into place Thursday as Ireland renounced its territorial claim to the British-ruled province.

The rewording of Ireland's 1937 constitution to delete the claim, which was approved at a special cabinet meeting, was a vital element of an accord designed to end centuries of violence on the troubled island.

It was the latest in a series of measures toward peace which this week have included the establishment of a power-sharing government of Protestants and Catholics to take over the day-to-day running of the province's affairs.

British Prime Minister Tony Blair and Irish Prime Minister Bertie Ahern hailed the swift march toward peace.

"Every Irish person is entitled to feel a great sense of pride today in what we have been able to achieve together in bringing about peace throughout Ireland," Ahern said in Dublin.

"This is an historic day," Blair said in London. "Power in Northern Ireland has been returned to its people."

Dublin's move, designed to ease fears among the province's pro-British Protestants of being forced into a united Ireland, came a day after Britain's parliament approved laws to end 27 years of direct rule from London.

The Irish Republican Army (IRA), which suspended its guerrilla war against British rule two years ago, was expected to add another piece to the jigsaw later Thursday by opening talks about disarmament.

By J on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 02:51 pm:

Right on!!! I,m going to put on a Cranberries C.D. and dance like nobody is watching cause nobody is.

By Moonit on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 10:09 pm:

J, you make me laugh.

I've been trialling a new author - Marian Keyes, shes irish and funny. Her books make me laugh out loud.

By Spider on Friday, December 5, 2003 - 01:22 pm:

An Irishman, an Englishman, a hot blonde, and an old woman are riding in a subway car one afternoon. The train goes through a tunnel, the lights go out, and everyone hears a loud "SMACK!" When the train comes out of the tunnel, the Englishman is standing there with a big red handprint on his face.

The old woman thinks, "Say, that Englishman must have tried to make a move on that blonde and got slapped. Good for her."

The blonde thinks, "Oh, the Englishman must have made a move for me, but fondled that old woman by mistake and she slapped him, poor thing."

The Englishman thinks, "Hey, that Irishman must have gone for the blonde, and she slapped me by mistake!"

The Irishman thinks, "Boy, I hope we go through another tunnel so I can wallop that English fecker again!"

By The Watcher on Friday, December 5, 2003 - 02:42 pm:

That's an oldie but a goodie.

By dave. on Friday, December 5, 2003 - 02:44 pm:

two irish cannibals are eating an english clown. one bloke says to the other, "does this taste funny to you?"

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact