An Xmas Note to Mark Thomas

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: An Xmas Note to Mark Thomas
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By R.C. on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 05:40 am:

Dear Mark,

I should have waited until Dec.25 to post this/but since I can actually get into the boards & post from home for a few delirious moments/I figured it was now or never...

I just wanted to tell you that after my semi-long hiatus/it is really great to be back wandering thru this grand asylum of yours. I've been an in-&-out patient since 1996/when I 1st got a computer. It's amazing even to flip back & forth between here & TPOGH & see who much work you've put into erecting & maintaining Sorabjiland.

Like all great institutions/Sorabjiland was built to last. And I hope it will. For a very long time.

Unlike many great institutions/Sorabjiland is still 100% commercial free. No annoying banners. No links to Amazon.com. No irritating force-ad pop-ups. AND NO COOKIES! (You have no idea how much I hate cookies. Even Glassdog has a cookie now. It's only one/but I still refuse it.) I/for one/deeply appreciate the fact that/despite what I am sure are numerous lucrative offers/you have consistently told corporate sponsors to Go Fuck Themselves rather than let them invade this haven & enrich your bank account.

I hate the word 'class' -- it's doesn't mean what it used to & it gets used too much by people who wouldn't know class from a turd on the sidewalk. People always mention Jackie O & Princess Di when speaking about class. Because they don't understand that true class has nothing to do with big money & fancy clothes & always looking great in public.

You, Mark Thomas, have more class than anyone else one the Web. You give far more of yourself & your time than we can ever repay you for. And I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for it.

Merry Christmas & best wishes for the Year 2000.
    (for what it's worth).

Affectionately,

- R.C.

By semillama on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 02:11 pm:

right on R.C.

I think we all forget about Mark now and then, but i think he likes that.

I've said it before, but thsi place has saved my mental well-being more than once.

Thanks Mark! Happy Xist-mas!

By J on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 02:41 pm:

Double that for me Merry Christmas and love to you.

By Sarah on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 03:38 pm:

i don't forget about mark. how can anyone forget about mark? i only miss the office cam. and moreso the bedcam.

i live for the stories.

this is my favorite place on the internet.

By Gee on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 01:34 am:

I like him too.

By mistaswine on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 10:29 am:

that bastard owes me $10 and a pitcher of margaritas.

By Moonit on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 06:54 pm:

mmmm we're having a margaritias party this weekend.

mmmmmm

By R.C. on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 08:36 pm:

LOL! He's owed you that $10 since LAST YEAR!!!
    Better take it as a loss, hoss.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 10:41 pm:

I always wanted to write a book in which the main character -- the most important character -- is never seen. That's how I think of Mark Thomas: the most important character in this tawdry .

Kisses,
    Rhiannon

By Rhiannon on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 10:42 pm:

Yikes!

*ahem* That would be "tawdry outfit."

Though just a blank space is kind of appropriate.

By Antigone on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 01:06 am:

Have a super Socially Supported Semi-Spiritual Season, Mark.

By agatha on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 01:57 am:

yeah, all that they said. see you in two days, suckah.

By Nate on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 10:48 am:

agatha, be sure to bring back a piece of Mark Thomas (tm) to the west coast.

By Patrick on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 12:02 pm:

finger nail clippings, piece of hair and a sweaty sock

then we can proceed with the (you know what)

and the

(wink wink )

and then for the finale

the (nudge nudge)

RIGHT!!!!

By J on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 12:12 pm:

Voodoo?

By The Goblin King on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 12:42 pm:

Who do? You do! do what? Remind me of the babe...

By Patrick on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 12:48 pm:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

By Nate on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 01:10 pm:

fuck you, you uncultured ass.

By Patrick on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 01:52 pm:

$5 for the person who can explain the boy!

uncultered?

homogenized and pasturized above and beyond USDA standards bitch!

don't make me start the arm swinging!

By CORRECTION on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 02:40 pm:

UNCULTURED

By West by God Virgina on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 03:50 pm:

How did this go from wishing Mark a Merry Christmas to white trash?

By Gee on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 04:53 pm:

I think He would be proud.

By Nate on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 05:10 pm:

future generations will believe that Mark Thomas (tm) is a god. once active, now silent.

just like all the other gods.

By Sarah on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 07:39 pm:

get a pair of his tightie whities too.

and ask him to show you my panties.

By Sarah on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 07:40 pm:

just remember though: my ass is currently much smaller.

By Patrick on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 07:43 pm:

behind the curtain, with all the gadgets and voice digitizers

By agatha on Saturday, December 18, 1999 - 01:45 am:

you'll all get nothing and like it. how's that?

By BiGT83 on Saturday, December 18, 1999 - 12:55 pm:

By Pamela on Sunday, December 19, 1999 - 02:52 pm:

Merry Christmas Mark! And Merry Christmas to everyone here in sorabjiland!

hugs and ... more hugs!

By _____ on Sunday, December 19, 1999 - 05:38 pm:

hey mark, i have a sixpack flying towards you as i type. enjoy! i hope it all arrives in one piece. or six pieces, but no more than six. have fun and be nice to my girls.

By sarah on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 04:07 pm:

hi mark.

By wisper on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 07:05 pm:

happy holidays mark!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact