I think they gave me too much vacation

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: I think they gave me too much vacation
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By The Dinner Lady on Friday, January 7, 2000 - 04:15 pm:

I can't believe it. I just got my first pay stub of the year and I was supposeta go from 2 weeks of vacation up to 3 weeks for 2000 - woo hoo. But on my new pay stub it shows 4 weeks.

The dilema:

1) say nothing and maybe I can keep it all
    2) say something and risk losing it
    3) say nothing, use it all then find out after 3 weeks that 'oops we made a mistake and we're taking back that last week'
    4) say something and find out that for some reason I now get 4 weeks (my title changed in the past year, maybe I'm now higher ranking than I thought?)

By Patrick on Friday, January 7, 2000 - 04:50 pm:

playing dumb usually works best in these scenarios......

By Markus on Friday, January 7, 2000 - 05:02 pm:

What was your previous title, The Lunch Lady?

By wisper on Friday, January 7, 2000 - 05:49 pm:

lol

By R.C. on Friday, January 7, 2000 - 07:55 pm:

ROFL @ MArkis!

DL: I'd got with option #3. Plan a long, exotic 4-wk.trip/mention it sparsely around the office /then see what happens. If they get back to you & say "Waitaminute -- you only get 3 kws. vacation!" then you can tell them you've already paid for non-refundable tkts. to Tahiti/so you have to go. And you can work extra hrs. beforehand to make up for the 4th wk.

Or/no one will say anything becuz you're entitled to 4 wks. Either way/you'll have a great vacation.

By Czarina on Friday, January 7, 2000 - 10:28 pm:

I'm with Patrick, play dumb.In some instances, ignorance is bliss.On the other hand, if you are known for being meticulous about these types of things, it could make you look bad, if they catch it.

By Skottey on Saturday, January 8, 2000 - 12:25 am:

Kind of reminds me of the time I was working as a temp. I was told that I would be paid $12.50 an hour but when I got my check I received $15.25 per hour. I didn't say anything. 4 months went by and finally I received a call from my recruiter lady. She asked if I noticed my checks were larger than they should have been. I said "no, I hadn't noticed." She seemed pissed but what could she do? She advised me that an adjustment would be made. I got all that extra pay just for keeping my mouth shut.

Playing dumb is the best option for sure!!!!

By Markus on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 09:29 am:

Skottey? Where the hell you been, boy? You never write, you never call. Your mother and I have been worried sick you were dead in a ditch somewhere.

By The Dinner Lady on Wednesday, January 12, 2000 - 06:27 pm:

Once I worked for a temp agency and instead of putting in 7 overtime hours someone put in 70. there was like $400 extra. Of course I held off and then as soon as I blew the $$ they noticed. The woman said to me 'didn't you notice your check was wrong?' I said 'Look, your clerical errors are not my problem. If you can't get your data input people to do their jobs correctly fire them but don't try to blame your error on me.' Which strangely seemed to shut her up. Ah!

I think I will stay stupid. I've got a whole year to see what happens and again can always pull out 'well what with the new accounting system and my title getting changed I have no idea what is going on here' defense.

FYI - A year ago there was also a problem where they had forgotten to add in a year of withholdings that go to my retirement fund. When I pointed out that $3000 was missing, they sent back a note saying 'thank you for correcting us, here is an accurate statement. You have worked here for 3 years and now have $45,000.' Har har har. I will not be bothering to go through the process to bring this to their attention again.

By Patrick on Wednesday, January 12, 2000 - 06:30 pm:

who is counting the beans where you work? Even crack smoking chimps could do a better job.

By Nate on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 11:13 am:

mmmm. i love shrimp.

By semillama on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 07:50 pm:

Crack Smoking Chimps would be a good name for a band.

By Markus on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 02:29 am:

Opening for the Pathetic Vicodin Hounds at Sorabji.CON 2000.

By cyst on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 02:49 pm:

the bank keeps making errors in my favor.

sort of.

it's more like they're forgetting things. or someone's bank is forgetting things.

FOR INSTANCE:

10-27-99. I rent a movie. pay with a check card. this $3.49 has never been taken from my account.

1-7-00. it's about noon on a friday, and I make a $20 cash withdrawal from an atm attached to my bank, then decide I want more money and make another cash withdrawal a minute later for another $20. same-bank atm transactions done during business hours always post that night. so on this day, they posted one of the transactions but they still haven't posted the other.

1-14-00. I'm looking at my online bank statement for this day and there's a mysterious $20 credit to my account. the description says, "CK CD MERCH RTRN." huh? is that short for "check card merchandise return"? I haven't returned anything.

I mean, it's sort of nice there's this extra $50 in my account, but I can't be assured that it really exists. they could take it away again whenever they liked.

the reason I signed up with this bank is because my last bank made an $800 error in my favor. even if they hadn't pissed me off for other reasons, I probably still would have closed the account and bought a ticket to europe.

By The Dinner Lady on Friday, January 21, 2000 - 05:21 pm:

I believe crack smoking chimps are exactly who work in these core financial departments.

My friend works in Insurance and you don't even want to know how many days a week your car would come up 'uninsured' due to dum-dums there.

Cyst - maybe someone at the bank has a crush on you and are trying to tell you in a subtle way. Actually it sounds like banks and you are a bit lucky. Don't look that gift horse!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact