Finished my taxes early!

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: Finished my taxes early!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Carrie Ann on Sunday, January 30, 2000 - 03:33 pm:

Did them online w/MacinTax the other day and I'm getting back a pretty good chunk. Not a whole lot, but still quite nice. ($1,400) I'm just glad to be done with that now so I can sit back and wait for the direct deposit to show up in my accnt.

By Jim aka Pajama on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 08:34 am:

We had better get our W2s today. Why everyone waits until the last possible minute to provide us with these forms is beyond me.

Last year I was due a refund and for whatever reason didn't sent it in until 4/15. Amazingly enuf it was direct deposited within 2 weeks.

Btw, Carrie Ann, $1400 sounds like a helluva lot to me. :)

By Isolde on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 11:39 pm:

I got my W-2s a while ago, but the post office doesn't have the forms yet. I could do it online, I guess...but I'm a little squeamish about that.

By Nate on Tuesday, February 1, 2000 - 10:33 am:

i'm still waiting on all my 1099s and crap. goddamn lazy bastards.

By J on Tuesday, February 1, 2000 - 10:52 am:

Goddamn lazy theiving bastards

By Carrie Ann on Tuesday, February 1, 2000 - 02:56 pm:

Lazy theiving commie pinko bedwettin bastards?

By Nate on Tuesday, February 1, 2000 - 03:25 pm:

i finally figured out what my W-4 boost nets me... $243 per paycheck.

better now than the end of the year, eh?

By heather on Tuesday, February 1, 2000 - 05:42 pm:

if this were a democracy, could i choose not to pay taxes without fear of eventual punishment?

or would i choose to pay taxes to support the democracy?

(don't start in about how paying taxes is voluntary)

By Nate on Tuesday, February 1, 2000 - 06:02 pm:

eh?

By Spider on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 12:31 pm:

Look how responsible I was this morning:

1) Called my grandfather in the hospital. He's doing okay.

2) Called my landlord to make sure he got the proof of residency form I need to sign.

3) Called my future landlord to tell him the form will be ready by tomorrow.

4) Bought plane tickets for my mother.

5) Made an appointment with a new eye doctor.

6) Called my old eye doctor and asked him to fax my files to my new doctor.

7) Got permission to take off a few hours on Tuesday to go to eye dr. appt.

I AM RESPONSIBLE.

Now I just have to finish one task here that I've been putting off for weeks, and I'll rock.

Now if only I could control my spending. Then I would long-term rock.

By wisper on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 06:44 pm:

the long-term rock is always the hardest to achieve. I salute you.

and did i spell achieve right?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact