I got a puppy!

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: I got a puppy!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Kalliope on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 12:28 pm:

By Nate on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 12:36 pm:

hey, just like me!

what did you name him?

By Kalliope on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 12:39 pm:

We couldn't figure out a name for him...we went through "stinkybutt", "smelly", "booger", "goober", "awwwcute", and then we thought it was gonna be Elvis.

But then I decided that was gay.

So we named him Mojo.

It's fitting.

http://www.endless.org/~calliope/clintandpup.jpg

that's a little better picture cept Clinton looks like he's about to pass out.

By patrick on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 12:56 pm:

how about some tit shots and the puppy.

i can ask right?

i want a puppy, but i need back yard

By Kalliope on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 01:01 pm:

no titty shots til you answer that big fuckin email i sent you the other day.

By patrick on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 01:08 pm:

got it toots!!!!

By K on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 01:21 pm:

and don't call me toots

i prefer "buttertoots!"

butter makes everything better.

By patrick on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 02:15 pm:

ok then

By Zephyr on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 02:31 pm:

Butterfuck.

What kinda dog is it?

By Kalli Butter on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 03:57 pm:

i think he's part chow and part shepard. no idea tho. i do volunteer work for a shelter, and some guy (who had really bad breath i might add) brought him in and said he found him under a shrub. someone had abandoned him.

he's cute. fucker. he's gonna force me to keep him. originally i was only gonna house him until we found him a better home...but im attached.

sides, ill have a house in a year anyway....we'll manage apartment life til then...

By J on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 04:01 pm:

He looks like a chow.

By Dougie on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 04:05 pm:

He looks like he'd be good served with J's green bean recipe!

By Zephyr on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 04:09 pm:

my thought exactly...

By Cat on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 08:52 pm:

So many dogs, so few recipes...miaoooooow

By Cat on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 09:01 pm:

So many dogs, so few recipes...miaoooooow

By Dougie on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 09:23 pm:

Me and my kitty are having puppy chow for dinner. Made from real puppies.

By Zephyr on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 10:06 pm:

Me and my demon are having baby chow made from babies fed on puppy chow made from real puppies fed on Dougie and kitty chow made from...oh you get the idea.

By moont on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 11:29 pm:

i want one.

By Gee on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 01:39 am:

I have to give one of my dogs up. she's too agressive with other animals. with people she's overly loveable and slaps her tongue all over you, but with other animals it's a constant power strugle.

I can't stand thinking about her going away. I thought, at least let her go to a friend of mine so I could see her sometimes, but all my friends are jerks who don't want her. jerks.

By Isolde on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 02:11 am:

Argh. How frustrating. My cat is eating this wierd organic cat food Joe bought the other day. Igh. It looks really grotty.

By Zephyr on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 08:04 am:

I used to have a dog. But he got all evil, and started biting people all the time (i have scars) and he got "put down". It really sucked. I still miss the little jerk sometimes...

By Dougie on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 08:36 am:

On Howard Stern this morning, they had this guy on who killed the neighborhood childrens' pets to "get closer to the children" -- I missed the first part, but I guess he'd kill the pets and then commiserate with the kids. He said the kids all "loved" him. Also, he actually said that pets were "inanimate" objects, and that people shouldn't love them because they take time away from family interaction.

By J on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 02:05 pm:

And he is out walking the streets?

By Kalli on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 03:10 pm:

god damn. that's why i hate people.

i've been doing volunteer work for different shelters for over 6 years now. you wouldn't believe some of the shit people do to these animals.

people pick on me all the time and call my place "lisa's ark" cuz at any given time i have at least 3-6 critters here. i can't bear seeing most of these animals go back to the shelter or the pound when, with a little effort, i can house them here.

right now tho, it's just me, Sappho (my Siamese), Nyme (my ferrett), and Mojo.

Oh, and somehow in the past month I've adopted a boy too. (He kinda just showed up at the door tho and I started feeding him.....kinda made himself at home. I like him tho. He smells good and keeps the bed warm.)

I don't know where I'd be without my animals. They're my family.

By patrick on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 03:27 pm:

well you know last night, as i cringed in horrible pain from mild food poisoning from a Trader Joes rice bowl....my cats were completely uninterested. The wife has been gone all week, so i had no one (insert pity awwww here) to comfort me, as i doubled over in pain every 15. the bitch was, a trip to the bathroom was never the solution.......no avail what so ever......it felt like someone taking my innards and twisting them like a wet cloth. I had wild dreams & nightmares during what little time i did sleep of the neighborhood kids jump roping with my intestines, as i laid on the curb accepting this fate......i also plotted my revenge on trader joes, but dismissed it due to their super low wine prices

oh yeah, and the cats, they could have cared less. i am conviced cats have no morals.

By Jay on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 03:39 pm:

i have these neighbors and they talk to their cat in one of those high pitched baby voices.
    "BoooooBeeeeee" drives me nuts. actually i don't care. i ran into the girl the other day and she was like "HI, goodmorning" i just looked at her and said "BooooooBeeeee". she turned fire engine red. haven't heard them say it quite so loud since.
    but the thing is they talk to boobee like a dog, you know how dogs will listen to what you say, and boobee fucking listens.
    they tell that bitch to stay and boobee's ass will stay motherfuckin' put. all the cats i've ever had wouldn't listen to shit.

By Cat on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 04:48 pm:

I make it a rule never to listen to shit.

By 2 on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 05:49 pm:

Kalli,.a human boy ...?

By Jay on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 09:19 pm:

i just came home and almost ran boobee's ass over with my bike.

By K on Friday, June 23, 2000 - 08:25 am:

yessuh

By Zephyr on Friday, June 23, 2000 - 09:01 pm:

oh god. first dogs, now childern?

By Cat on Friday, June 23, 2000 - 10:28 pm:

I hope so, I have several delicious recipes for children too. But I think Kalli is referring to a slightly less tender variety of boy...a more adult one.

By Zephyr on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 06:01 am:

Oh my. Hehehe...yes.

Well, yeah, but the more adult boys have more meat on them, even if they take longer to cook.

By Cat on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 07:31 am:

And they can be tougher...but a tasty marinade will usually fix that.

By Zephyr on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 04:59 pm:

Yeah, or pounding them with a meat tenderizer.

Still, you can also make sure that they're tender if you feed them cakes and brownies, and love them and care for them and what the hell?

By Biro on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 06:35 pm:

Jay, hope you consoled Boobee with a nice high pitched tone............ come on, you do it so well!!!!!!!!!

By Jay on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 10:26 pm:

funny
    of course i do. i walk around my apt. singing "Boobee, boobee what you dooeee? what you dooee Boobee?"
    i'm sure you'd be quite annoyed.

By Isolde on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 11:09 pm:

My cats are very sympathetic. If only one of them didn't have mouse breath.

By Biro on Sunday, June 25, 2000 - 06:54 pm:

Boobee, boobee what do you dooee....... sounds far to familiar to me, do I know you! You sound like someone I once worked with. Umm....... but he was MUCH more vocal when talking to animals. Is it a gift? Let me just pause a second while I scrape a fork over a plate a few times. Yep, I do know you. Well cut of my legs and call me shorty.......... just dont do the Boobee, Boobee.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact