Sweet Star is back, and gettin' some....

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: Sweet Star is back, and gettin' some....
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Star on Wednesday, July 5, 2000 - 03:29 pm:

Yep, after a long, long, excruciatingly painful separation from my sorabji buddies (friends? foes?) I am back. And, at this point, I am the happiest I have been in a long time. The reason for my happiness:gettin some action. Yes indeedie, I am all smiles now that I finally have someone to be with. She is one of the sweetest and most caring people I know, we have only been "together" for a month, but she already makes me giddy. Of course, I have known her my whole life, so it is easy for me to care about her. It is not just the fact that we mess around a lot that I like, it is just being with her, and looking at her eyes, or just actually sleeping with her...I haven't slept as good as I did with her last night in an eternity.
    So this got me thinking, "I wonder what makes everyone else happy?" and I would really like to know....I am posing this question to one and all..and not only this, but a challenge of sorts. If it is extremely hard for you to think of something that makes you happy, or you can't remeber the last time you were happy, then I challenge you to find something, someone, anything that makes you radiate happiness.....So..tell me what makes you all happy, or what might potentialy make you happy, and also, try and make yourself happy....

By Bell_jar on Wednesday, July 5, 2000 - 04:11 pm:

i was sort of sad when i saw that the girl (she's one of my very good friends too) that i have a crush on has a grilfriend. then as we got more and more drunk i saw how happy she was, her eyes all sparkly, and i became happy for her.

so i'm happy that my friend lydz has a girlyfriend and that she's getting some action.

By semillama on Wednesday, July 5, 2000 - 07:19 pm:

Happiness is fleeting, so savor every moment.

By Gee on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 12:08 am:

the sudden realization that you're happy is fleeting, but actually being Happy can last for a long long time.

I mean if you're really happy, and not just Trying to be happy.

By Margret on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 12:38 am:

I'm happy when I'm interested in something. Even when I'm not deeply personally interested but challenged because I don't know how to rip the information I want from the internet.
    Right now I want to know about the proper way to set up a file archive for a law library, and what kind of hardware and software should be involved, and what kind of security system should be in place if someone removes a file without signing it out.
    Personally, not very interesting. But a client wants to know, and theoretically that firm will pay us what it owes us some day and I will have had to have at least made inroads into getting them the kind of information they want.
    I could post it to the users' listserv, but I don't want those people just SHARING with me. Ick. The very thought of it makes me ill.
    So now I'm going to read the 12 pages of bar code basics I just printed off and then tomorrow I'm sending off an email to the front office team leader for the consulting services team and asking her who she might be able to tap to help me out with this. My goal is not just to answer the client's question: he is starting at ground zero and wants to do things properly. My goal is to know how these things should be set up in general, for maximum accountability.
    He's asking me if there's a way to set up some sort of reminder to go to a group composed of certain people when an attorney SHOULD be requesting a file because they need to be reviewing it. And I'm like...what, you've never used the docketing? And come to find out, they haven't. That's what you fucking get when you buy through a reseller man. And pay us the $600 you've owed us for over a year you chintzy bastards because you're about to be put on support hold...and I can't WAIT to cold transfer you to the sales weasels when you call in needing help.
    Anyone have any suggestions about this? I want the things that they have at POS in bookstores, and the security gizmos for the doors. I want the file to be logged in and logged out. I want the alarm to be really, super-humiliatingly loud. And I want emails to senior partners automatically generated saying what file was taken and who the responsible attorney for that case is. Because knowing that thing will be going off every five minutes for like two weeks and that partners will be getting spammed with narc email tickles me.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 10:19 am:

I'm easily amused. I'm also easily saddened. In that sense, my happiness and sadness are fleeting and aren't to be taken seriously. It's funny how focused I used to be on my emotions and the way I felt...it was like they defined who I was or something. Now it's like I can feel a certain way but my eyes are focused on something ahead of me, so if something upsets me or I really don't want to do something, I can still keep sight of what's important and what needs to be done.

Last night, I went to a healing mass with my mother and her best friend. I went to one a couple years ago, and it changed me. I know I'll be changed by last night's experience, too. I was very disturbed by the proceedings...very uncomfortable, physically and emotionally and spiritually...but I knew it was good that I was experiencing that discomfort. Like God was working in me and He was shaking things up a bit before they got set to rights. I didn't feel peaceful until I was driving home. Then it was like the peace that comes when you know you have done the right thing and that good will come to you and those around you. That made me happy. I'm also very happy that my mother came with me and had a similar experience.

[Aside: I read a study in one of my classes that said that, despite the stereotypes, men are a lot more controlled by their emotions than women. One of the pieces of evidence they gave was the way in which couples argue/fight. The most commonly seen dynamic is called the distancer-pursuer effect, with men being the distancers (saying, "I don't want to talk about this" and withdrawing from conflict) and women being the pursuers. They found that men are more internally reactive to stress than women (looking at the activity of the vagus nerve...the nerve that runs through your trunk and stimulates your organs) and that they have lower tolerance for stress. So men (in general, of course...not all men) become more easily overwhelmed by unpleasant emotions than women, and this makes them want to withdraw from conflict more than women do.]

By Star on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 05:02 pm:

I think that happiness is fleeting, and I only think this because you just can't be happy all the time. There is always something bad that has to either out-weigh, or at least equal the good. Like right now, I am just anticipating the bad stuff, because I have been happy for too long, and I know that it has to be matched with some bad thing, or experience. But damnit, why do I have to have bad things happen, I deserve to be completely happy!! I have been through so much, it is my turn to be one of the smiling faces...anyway, i just want to ask bell_jar something...why did you have to be drunk to see that she was happy? why couldn't you see it on your own?

By Fetidbeaver on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 07:42 pm:

Stimulation of the vagus nerve killed Elvis.
    No bullshit, he was addicted to prescription narcotics, (which constipate) and speed (which increases cardiac load) throw in some extra body fat, add a little straining to shit (which causes vagal stimulation and alters cardiac function) and presto!!!! One dead "KING" on his throne.

By Tired on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 09:07 pm:

well, there are 8 billion things I could list that make me happy, most of them pretty ordinary, but my recent source of happiness is dreaming. I have a fleece sleeping bag on top of a sealy posturpedic, and every morning when I "naturally" wake up, I lie there, fall back asleep pretty quickly, and within the next hour or two, I have the most interesting dreams. I suppose I could put this in Dreamland, too, but oh well. In this morning's, I was at a party hanging out with this one mathgirl I know, and this other girl I know (actually the first girl I asked out in college) was there with a big bag of drugs. This is totally my projection; she hasn't given any signs of using/selling drugs. Anyway, they were movie type drugs, with pills of every color, shape, and size in one bag. There were also little candy bunnies in there. I didn't buy/take any, in keeping with my habits (or lack thereof) for the last 2 months or so.

sometimes I make up techno songs and hum them to myself, pretty quietly, tho, cos it's a lot stranger than singing in the street, and even that generates some stares.

By Gee on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 01:33 am:

going to see my boys play tomorow would make me happy, but it would be stupid to spend 80 bucks for an hour of music when you're a poor girl. right?

By dave. on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 02:28 am:

right
    get a sponsor

By Gee on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 07:15 pm:

they broadcast the Sunday show live on the web, so when my break came I went to the computer lab, plugged my headphones in, and bopped my head for an hour.

I had to leave during the last song, but I got to see most of it and it was sweet. You don't get many songs in an hour, though.

they did the slow-motion victory dance during "Home For a Rest", just like they did the first time I saw them live. it was fantastic! I had to control my laughing so as not to desturb the people who were actually doing work.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact