Whoo-hooo

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: Whoo-hooo
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Monday, July 31, 2000 - 03:54 pm:

This Friday, I'm going with my aunt and uncle to Wellsboro, PA -- in the north central part of PA, where all the survivalists and militiamen live (PA has the most hate groups of any state...I read that in the newspaper some time ago) -- to go to an outdoorsmen festival. There'll be tractor pulls, caber tosses, log rolls, skeet shooting....whoa, momma!

Then on Saturday, we'll hike through the famed "Grand Canyon" of Pennsylvania. I've never seen it before, but I have seen the real Grand Canyon, so I'll let you know if it compares favorably. I know you're dying to know!

By patrick on Monday, July 31, 2000 - 06:31 pm:

skeet shooting is fun, so are keg carrying contests

By Mavis on Monday, July 31, 2000 - 06:56 pm:

i prefer the greased pole contest. it's so funny!

By patrick on Monday, July 31, 2000 - 07:13 pm:

greased pole? reminds me of last night

By Mavis on Monday, July 31, 2000 - 07:22 pm:

naughty you!!!

By patrick on Monday, July 31, 2000 - 07:39 pm:

thats what she said too!

By Mavis on Monday, July 31, 2000 - 07:49 pm:

hee heehee.

what about the three legged race?
    or the hog-calling contest?

By Jay on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 09:21 am:

or the belly button lint picking contest.

By Mavis on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 01:07 pm:

or the rotary nose hair clipper olympics

By Jay on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 03:22 pm:

or the toenail spitting jamboree

By Mavis on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 03:43 pm:

or the using-your-friend's-ear-wax-as-lip-gloss follies

By Satan on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 03:45 pm:

Helllloooo Mavis

By Jay on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 03:47 pm:

or the greatest plumbers butt lineup

By Mavis on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 04:03 pm:

my best quote i ever said was

"totally nude plumbing---because why stop at the crack? "

what about circus of posture and fluids?

By semillama on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 08:44 pm:

How about Swan Twaddling?

Nude Unicycling?

Asswhistling?
    Pus Sculpting?

Runt Pumping?

Cattle mutilating?

Kamikaze Messiah Bowling?

By Jay on Wednesday, August 2, 2000 - 09:27 am:

the tobacco spitting, fart lighting, booger flicking relay.

By Spider on Sunday, August 6, 2000 - 05:13 pm:

We didn't go to the festival. We went to the gorge instead, and then it rained, and then we drove around the Finger Lakes in NY. It was a really cool trip. That part of PA looks a lot like northern Utah but with smaller mountains...very very pretty. PBS did a special on the area's Rte. 6, it being one of the most scenic drives in this part of the country. The town of Wellsboro looked like it could be the setting of a Ray Bradbury Halloween story: extremely charming. We stopped in Bloomsburg on the way up...that could have been the town in the John Bellairs' "House with a Clock in its Walls" books. We have to go back up there again.

By Tired on Sunday, August 6, 2000 - 08:11 pm:

did anyone else get ALL THE SORABJI WELCOMES AT ONCE when they logged in today? Is this art or a glitch? Going back to check the source code if it's still there.

By Isolde on Sunday, August 6, 2000 - 10:07 pm:

He does that now and then. It's very cool.

By Zephyr on Monday, August 7, 2000 - 03:57 pm:

DAMN! I missed it!

::sniff::

I personally like those festivals for the glass-gargling competitions.

Just watching.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact