Bell_jar rocks

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: Bell_jar rocks
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Isolde on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 01:46 am:

Well, Antithesis?
    Why does she rock? Let me count the ways...

By Antithesis on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 05:23 am:

I don't feel the need to defend my personal beliefs. so there. *thbpt*

because she so adroitly avoids explaining why she's bell_jar if she doesn't like Plath.

because I think Kansas rocks, for personal reasons.

because she compliments Isolde, and that's one of my weak spots.

because she wrote me an email while nearing drunkenness, thus hitting another weak spot: drunken rambling. I LOVE drunken rambling.

because she posted her own writing.

because she posted regarding life being symbolic; and in the words of Emerson:

In every work of genius we recognize our own rejected thoughts: they come back to us with a certain alienated majesty. Great works of art have no more affecting lesson for us than this. They teach us to abide by our spontaneous impression with good-humored inflexibility then most when the whole cry of voices is on the other side. Else, to-morrow a stranger will say with masterly good sense precisely what we have thought and felt all the time, and we shall be forced to take with shame our own opinion from another.

By TBone on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 11:35 am:

Bell_Jar is the best. She emailed me when I was lonely.

By Bell_jar on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 01:10 pm:

thank you.

i get really nervous when people compliment me.

ugh.

not a good feeling. i feel more at home when people tell me how shitty i am.

perhaps i'll start a bell_jar sucks ass thread.

By Isolde on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 02:24 pm:

I kow what you mean. I hate it when people compliment me.
    But you know what? You still rock.

By Hal on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 09:36 am:

I agree, although bell_jar you have never done anything good (or bad) in just my direction out of the kindness of your heart or any other reason.
    Your advice to others and in general has been a god sent in more than one aspect of my life.

Also, I find myself laughing at alot of your humorous statements, and feeling bad at some of the more heartfelt ones. Bell_jar is wonderfull, and a vex of a thousand deaths upon anyone who says otherwise....

By the way Bell_jar what do you think of my current predicement being discussed in:
    "Have you ever been lonely?: Have you ever been lost inside your heart? "

I'm seeking all advice, and feelings about the subject... I'm acctually making a little book about it that I'm sending to Marcy in my next letter to let her know what I'm and others are thinking about on the subject. ( it's edited of course, with my thoughs as to other people's adivce under each entry )

But anyway Bell-Jar rules.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact