true radio

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: true radio
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By dbone on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 09:41 pm:

i love call-in radio, especially on stations that play heavy metal. i was in my car when i heard this. for some reason i thought of sorabji.

caller: hello? yeah, i wanna make a request...my girlfriend just left me.

dj: whadja do to her?

caller: nuthin' man.

dj: what didn't you do?

caller: didn't do anything with her.

dj: well there's your problem right there.

caller: it's kind of a long distance relationship, you know. she lives in oregon.

dj: ok, so she lives in oregon and you live in dallas.

caller: i live in quinlan.

dj: well...she's there and your in texas. when was the last time you saw her?

caller: well, we met on the internet. it doesn't matter...she dumped me. i wanna request...what's that poison song where they say "i loved her but i had to kill her"?

dj: you're thinking of guns 'n roses. i'm gonna do you one better, my friend...i'm gonna play you some nine inch nails 'cause you've got a head like a hole.

[music starts]

By Isolde on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 09:45 pm:

That's awesome! I love talkative dj's. Up here, some of them get really agressive and start yelling at the callers about what they could have done better and how the music they've chosen sucks...it's pretty damn cool.

By dbone on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 10:07 pm:

yeah, they do that down here, too. but it's better when they just bait them or string them along. we have callers that are just that right mixture of redneck and metalhead. i know several in real life. they're a blast.

By J on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 12:07 am:

Droopy,I just know you would get a double buzz off the Recliners,they are from Austin.

By Pamela on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 01:33 am:

I miss KSJO in the Bay Area. They have the best thing on Friday's... They call it Dirty Friday. Listeners call up and have the DJ's play dirty jokes on people.

For example, one time they called up this guy who was about to be married the next day and had just had his bachelor party the night before. His mother in law to be had set him up.

Well, the dj's call up this guy pretending to be the owners of the establishment that the stripper was from. They told the groom to be that the stripper he had last night had some kind of STD and they just wanted to make sure that nothing had happened.

The groom to be starts freaking out saying that he had gone down on her and she on him and that he was licking her anus and shit. He asked them what he should do b/c he was going to get married the next day.

It ended up very ugly. The bride to be called in and thanked them b/c she wasn't going to marry the asshole. It was so funny, but I think the groom to be tried to sue them...

By droopy on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 09:47 pm:

on the radio is "welcome to the lone star police state."

i'm listening to knon. on wednesdays is the wednesday installment of "texas blues radio" from 6 to 8, and then "twisted kicks with dave chaos and brigette kicks" from 8 to 10 - "underground, punk rock, grindcore, death metal, and all sounds thrashing and vicious."

the last song on the blues show ends - a live tune by some gravelly voiced harmonica player.

"i'm gonna tell everybody your the stinkinest, stankinest, low-downest woman in town!

thank you!"

dave chaos: and thank you! how do we shut this guy up? anyway, that was the blues and this is dave chaos at knon, hardcore rock radio and budding used car lot, heh-heh...damn man. when cars break down down here - the dj's or whoever - they can't get another one and nine times out of ten they just leave 'em there. usually out in the back. what've we got out there now? - a volkswagen, a sad ole lookin' cadillac the homeless people won't even sleep in, and now we got a pick-up truck. we oughtta sell 'em off and and buy a new damn cd player. ah, the hell with...here's some requested nashville pussy for tommy, who know's what these guys are talking about.

TWO-FACED WOMAN WITH YOUR TWO-FACED LIIIIIEEEEEEESSSS!

By droopy on Tuesday, January 2, 2001 - 11:22 pm:

flipping through the stations. when i hit the metal station the dj is in the middle of a conversation with a drunk redneck heavy-metal fan.

caller: so i was at a painting job...housepainting job...me and a friend...and the guy we was painting for told us to turn off our music 'cause he said it was satan-worshippin' music. ain't that a crock o' shit? so we just got up and went home. ain't that a crock o' shit?

dj: yeah, that's a crock a shit.

caller: whacha get when ya cross a donkey with an onion?

dj: what.

caller: a piece o' ass to cry over.

dj: heh.

caller: howdya catch a polar bear?

dj: how.

caller: you cut a hole in the ice, put some peas around the hole, and when the polar bear comes up to take a pea you kick 'im in the eye-hole...um...ice hole.

dj: why don't you go have another beer, man.

soundbite from "king of the hill":

"just when i think i've heard the stupidest thing, you just keep talkin'"

"whole lotta love" starts playing.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact