Went and did something

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: Went and did something
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Czarina on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 04:52 am:

Sometimes,when one just exists,life can bypass the realities/pleasures of existance.So I went and did somthing that gave me a reason to be cheerful.
    YAHOO for me![sorry,but its kinda personal,so I won't go into detail]

Smiling Cz

By Hal on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 07:23 am:

Thats kinda depressing...

Sure, sure, sure, get us all hyped up about what you did... And then don't tell us...

Thats ok, we understand, sure we really do, no I'm not kidding, really...

(ps: Just fucking with ya')

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 07:51 am:

I wish I still had something personal.

By Daniel ssss on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 08:28 am:

you go girl...ummm, yep.

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 08:35 am:

I guess the existance of the internet has kind of negated to possibility of having something personal? That's too bad. I enjoy my private spaces. I think I'm feeling right now that I don't have any private space in the real world, either, because I'm living with someone and it's hard to deal with that.

By Bell_jar on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 08:38 am:

miss isolde... what is your email address?

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 08:39 am:

Interesting leap...from a lament on lack of privacy to a request for an email...but granted.

By Pez on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 01:49 pm:

i know what you mean. my parents have to look over my shoulder all the time...

my mom even began reading my diary once, and had the nerve to ask who i was writing to.

finally, i did get them to stop being so nosy, as in they only read my poetry if i show it to them.

why would they need to see it? they think i should find another skill to pursue, one that would yield more $$$ for when i'll retire.

i'm fucking 18, and i'm a fucking poet, dammit! words are my life!

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 03:42 pm:

Thank you I was beginning to think I was neurotic.

By Pez on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 03:49 pm:

no one's more neurotic than meeeee...unless you count that flea-ridden kitty in the garage.

i *should* give her a bath. but that would mean scratches. but that would mean clean cat. but that would mean wet cat. but that would mean angry cat...

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 04:09 pm:

Just wash the damn cat.

By Pez on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 04:35 pm:

she's eating. and i feel like being lazy and waiting until my sister comes home. buttons is her cat, after all...

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 04:57 pm:

Buttons?

By Hal on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 05:41 pm:

I have an idea pez, I'm getting pissed by my parents lack of insparation to respect my privacy, and no matter what I've tried it doesn't work...

So seeing as were both 18, both nerotic as hell,both poets, we should just move in together and say "SCREW YOU WORLD, WE'RE NUTS."

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 05:51 pm:

I know what you mean, Hal. I'm continually upset right now about people encroaching on my privacy. There are certain things in life that simply are private, aren't there? And it's frustrating when _anyone_, whether it's parents or enemies or ex boyfriends or whatever, violates a simple premise of privacy. It makes you start thinking about exposed you are when you have nowhere at all to go.

By Pez on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 06:19 pm:

which side of the country do you live on, hal?

i was thinking of trying to move out, but i'd definately need roomies.

20 hours a week doesn't yield much moolah, even if i'm above minimum wage and got a pay increase when i changed jobs.

i can't wait until next year, when i transfer and will be living in a dorm.

whatever my dad says, i'm NOT going to go to psu. and i'm not going to go to osu, either (sorry mom, to stop the tradition).

i'd love to live in cannon beach, but it's too close to home.

By Pez on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 06:26 pm:

oh, yes. the cat. buttons.

my mom used to work as an aide at deep creek elementary when my sister went there. she was there on halloween about eight years ago, and another aide brought three kittens into the office that she'd found in front of a 7-11.

extremely young kittens, in bad shape. i think three or four weeks at the most. my mom picked out the loudest (supposedly the cutest), which she named buttons because of how her eyes were so large.

i could hold her in one hand. she had worms, and threw up the cat food we gave her. after a trip to the vet, she survived on antibiotics and cottage cheese for a few weeks.

i think she's healthy now. she's escaped death by coyote and is the biggest cat in our so-called neighborhood.

but yes, out cat is named buttons.

By patrick on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 07:23 pm:

isolde why do i get the impression your are speaking with ambiguity?

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 07:24 pm:

Because I am. But I'm going to stop now, so fear not, oh gentle Patrick.

By Pez on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 12:43 am:

to scare my parents: i'm going to buy a one way ticket to brazil. when i get there, i'll hike out to the amazon and climb a tree. i'll stay in the canopy for the rest of my life, throwing feces at tourists like a yahoo.

or i'll become a nudist.

By Cat on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 01:44 am:

I feel like I'm in some B grade teen movie and we're all up in the treehouse confessing that we really want to kiss Mr Mason, the maths teacher.

By moonit on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 03:14 am:

Well I know I do. Cat have you not seen him in the blue levi's with the tear in the knee *swoon*

By Pez on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 11:36 am:

no, i'd rather kiss mr. nikolas, the band teacher. he's yummy.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact