Kalli does Cali

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: Kalli does Cali
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Kalli on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 02:09 am:

OK, keep in mind that it's a Sunday night, I've consumed more alcohol in the past three days than I have in the past eight months, and I'm still a little drunk and listening to Tom Waits.

And listening to my host get laid by some chick he picked up at the bar tonight....

Alright, so, Thursday night I caught the plane outta Reeechymond. Long ass plane ride. I had a transfer in Chicago. So...we take off. The minute we left the runway, the whole plane jerked a little bit. I noticed it only because I'm paranoid about plane rides. Completely. So about ten minutes after we're in the air, the captain comes on and says something about how he thinks we hit a bird, and if anyone knew anything, then turn on the call light. He sounded nervous. It didn't help me feel better about the fact that I was 2,000 feet in the air at all. So a few minutes later he announces that we're turning around and heading back to Chicago. And we're doing it ala' fear style. We had to put our heads between our legs and grab our ankles. All the lights go out on the plane. He was afraid that when he hit the bird, it screwed up the landing gear....

He kept saying it was ok, but I swear my whole life flashed in front of me in those ten minutes. And the cool thing...the thing I learned from it...is that I was entirely capable of making peace with my life. And I did....Because there was honestly the chance in the ten minutes that I had before we landed...that my life was about to end. I said my goodbyes to the people I had to...and I swore a lot.

I think "Jesus Fucking Christ" came outta my lips more than once.

Of course, we hit the ground and everything was ok or I wouldn't be posting right now...but jesus fucking christ. I do and don't hope you guys ever have to experience that.

So on Friday we did San Francisco and I'm convinced that I want to live on the streets there and sell coke for the rest of my life just so I can breathe the air in. We rode the trolley, went to Fisherman's Wharf and saw the sea lions. (They so cute!) We hit this little jazz club and I fell in love with the singer. He was an old white haired man, but there was something just so fucking charming about him. Drank two margaritas. Got my energy up. Then Pat (the one I came here to visit---not your local hooobygoooby--I'll get to him later---trust me) talked me into going to this bondage club called Power Exchange. I got completely psyched up..but when we got there they told us there was dress code. Either be in total fetish gear and it's 15 bucks, or wear a towel..or walk in with what yer wearing and it's 75. I probably could have passed for fetish. (I was wearing a little oriental night gown thingy) but he couldn't have....and no fucking way was I gonna wrap up in a towel..so we caught a cab back to the hotel.

I tried to be brave. ;)

And this is the best part. This is what I'll always remember San Fran for. The cab driver who picked us up looked just like Andy Warhol. We asked him about a swing club called Blush. He didn't know where it was....then proceeded to go into a schpieeel about how he's driven this cab for thirty fucking years and there's no fucking way he could possibly keep track of all the "sugah shacks" these college kids come up with. He was classic. If I could ride all the way back to the east coast with this jaded little fuck, I totally would.

Yesterday we hit L.A. Rented a convertible and felt absofuckinglutely cool driving around Southern CA with the top down. Got to the hotel and got in touch with the infamous mr. waffles himself. Downed a beer (I loved that bar btw mistah') and then he and Nico too us up to this look out. There's something to be said for looking at the world from an entirely new perspective. Gorgeous....fabulous...whatever. Wouldn't have misssed that for anything. I'll post pics up once I get back to VA if anyone cares. (There's also a couple self shots of Patrick's penis--he's quite a talented boy) After that we hit a little Mexican bar and downed a margarita that was way too strong for someone as little as me. But that's all good. I had two. (Wow, I'd really like one right now actually.)

Now at this point I need to write that both Patrick and his wife are absolutely yummy people. Ye' lil sorabjites are fucking lucky to have someone like him on here. Sides, they both have great asses. ;)

Then I was lucky enough to experience Jumbo's. goood lawwd. I've been to many a strip club in my life but this one topped it. Beautiful women are a dime a dozen..but beautiful women who can smile and you know they mean it.....rare as hell. Nico and Pat even bought me a lapdance. Can't even begin to explain the thrill that occurs when this gorgeous girl is so close to you but you can't touch her...and she smelled so good like baby powder....and sooooo close. I've never had a lapdance before. Probably smoked a half a pack of cigs afterwards. I should have been a lesbian.

I get turned on way too easy.

It's true.

Hung out afterwards at Sam's. (Another legened I was thrilled to be able to hang off of in a drunken haze. He touched my thigh! There's pictures!) Sir Waffles and I got locked out, drank the slurp from the bottom of three cans of beer and pretended we were Avon ladies. (Wait--I think Patrick was trying to pawn lithuanian vagina---not girl scout cookies. I look better in a dress tho.) Got kicked out and the night ended at 3 am...but jesus christ. It's the best night I've had in foreverness.

Total sin.

I was in L.A.

I'm heading back tomorrow. Soberness, quitting smoking, schoolwork, dumb customers....but I've learned lessons.

1) Always keep a spare bondage outfit handy.
    2) Nipple piercings attract attention.
    3) Never turn down a lap dance.
    4) Sip, don't slurp margaritas.
    5) Alley cats rule.
    6) So do porches.
    7) And pants that don't zip right.
    8) Homeless people can be cute.
    9) Good things can come of leaving yer stuff in a strip bar.
    10) I can't sleep through snoring.
    11) I fucking hate flying.

K, too sober now. Gonna go diddle myself to sleep.

Night. ;)

By Isolde on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 08:23 am:

Sounds like fun...
    I love convertibles. I rarely know people actually wealthy enough to own/rent one, but when I do...boy howdy.

By semillama on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 01:12 pm:

damn. damn damn I didn't need to rad that about the fucking plane.

I fly on two planes saturday, one to Denver, One to Portland.

I swear no more planes this year!!

these flights will make it 18 planes this year that I have been on.

By Nate on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 02:16 pm:

i love planes.

safer than cars, they be.

By Kalli on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 02:22 pm:

yea but nate, if a plane is gonna crash, chances be yer gonna become a fried ball of human flesh. if a car crashes, most likely you'll jut bump yer head.

heh i've taken off 7 time in the past three days. 6 airports. freaky.

By Mavis on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 02:47 pm:

i fucking hate flying.
    i am having a panic attack just having to drive to that airport to pick sem up.....

By Isolde on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 02:54 pm:

I love planes and flying. I'm like a little kid, I stare out the window and stuff. I love planes.

By Nate on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 03:41 pm:

that arguement makes no sense, kalli. if you die you die, and you're more likely to die in a car crash.

By Kalli on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 03:55 pm:

Ugh but if a plane goes down, versus a car crashing...you can pretty much depend on the fact that you're gonna bite it. If a car crashes, yea, you have a good chance of that too...but it's not guaranteed.

Makes perfect sense.

Nate, be in the situation I was in on that flight from Chicago and see if you don't piss yer pants too.

By Nate on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 04:45 pm:

DOESN'T,. ASS. FUCK.

the probability of dying is much higher in a car than in a plane.

not crashing.

dying.

i'm glad you pissed your pants, though. sounds like fun.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 12:17 pm:

jesus people,. she posts a wonderful story about many many interesting things.....and all you focus on is the potential plane crash..WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE....?

heh...i think we showed ms. kalli a good time. or was the other way around...

by the way kalli, nico wanted me to reiterate what a cute ass YOU have and how nice "the piercings" are..

i look forward to seeing you again soon dollface....

By Kalliope on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 01:24 pm:

THANK YOU.

I mean, I write about dying, freaky cab drivers, strippers who smell like baby powder and most of all, you...and all the can talk about is how convertibles are cool.

WELL IT WASNT. IT WAS AN UGLY BROWN COLOR. DIDNT TELL YOU THAT PART DID I? (NAH!)

hahahahhahaa damn right i have a cute ass. girl has taste. ooooh i just downloaded the pics. lemme shrink em and rename and i'll stick em up on my site.

By sarah on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 03:15 pm:

yeah, but did the three of you have sex with one another?

By patrick on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 03:30 pm:

HEHE....

By Kalliope on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 04:14 pm:

hahahaha.....

By patrick on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 06:13 pm:

Ok....
    i will dispell all the myths. other than nico feeling up Lisa's tits, angry sam's hands on her thigh, and my nonchalent brushing of the leg at Jumbo's there was no fucking.....nico passed out a little early...

By Kalli on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 06:28 pm:

wuss.

By Kalli on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 06:29 pm:

i felt up nico's tits too don't forget.

crazy what those margaritas will do to ya.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 07:56 pm:

oh yeah...thumping temple....when you coming back>

By Kalli on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 10:31 pm:

i'm devising a plan.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact