if you don't already know...

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: if you don't already know...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Lil kymical on Monday, January 22, 2001 - 02:13 pm:

lil' kim.

god damn if anything makes me feel sexy and powerful at the same time it is pretending i am lil' kim.

i am listening to hardcore right now.

"you wanna be this queen bee, but you can't be, that's why you're mad at me."

prada mama!

By semillama on Monday, January 22, 2001 - 05:12 pm:

L'il Kim is gorgeous.

Although I bet I wouldn't survive a night with her.

I would like to jam with her though.

By Hal on Monday, January 22, 2001 - 10:24 pm:

not my type of music, but I will admit she is talented...

I'm more on the other side of the tracks when it comes to music. NO I don't mean country, granted I live in Montana but not all of us like that crap.

By moonit on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 12:26 am:

I wonder what you will think of the music I sent Hal. It could be interesting.

By Hal on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 02:33 am:

I'm always interested in suprises...

And I will listen to anything, I have my favorites but music is an art to be apreciated for what it is, even if you don't agree with its message.

Ok, I'm done being the pro-lifestyle freak, I'll go back to my conformist ways now.

By Lil kymical on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 07:15 am:

"wanna bumble with the bee huh?
    throw a hex on your whole family.
    dressed in all black like the omen,
    have your friends sayin' 'this is for my homies.'"

-lil kim off of benjarmins.

if i was lil' kim. i would be a diamond cluster hustler.
    queen bitch, supreme bitch, kill a nigga for my nigga by any means bitch, clean bitch disease free bitch.

whoa...i need to go to work.

By pezzed on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 04:28 pm:

i don't know what she looks like, but her music sounds like how sweet and sour tastes.

By Hal on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 08:14 pm:

Oh! you mean it tastes like a mouthfull of.... Never mind.

I need to go clense my mouth now.

By semillama on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 01:15 pm:

By pezona quimby age 19 on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 04:30 pm:

geez. i like chinese.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 05:25 pm:

Clinton did not come through for Leonard Peltier though.

By Daniel ssss on Thursday, January 25, 2001 - 01:16 am:

he promised he would review the case and didn't?

By dave. on Thursday, January 25, 2001 - 02:50 am:

yeah, i'm bummed about peltier. clinton fucked up there. i can only hope he knew something we didn't. i can also only hope that peltier, as well as mumia and any other political prisoner, is a complete asshole. it's more comfortable that way.

By J on Thursday, January 25, 2001 - 10:24 am:

I'm disapointed,but not surprised,that he let that miserable Symington off the hook,though I guess the bastard can't do much harm as a pastry chef.

By Party poop on Thursday, January 25, 2001 - 03:09 pm:

less polotics,

more lil'kim pussy.

>sigh<

the attention span of a 3 year old.

take it outside or something at least.

By 12 Furbys on Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 03:28 am:

Here's something to be cheerful about. I was in Walgreen's the other night picking up the antidepressants that keep me on a (fairly) even keel when I discovered that they stock the world's best lube: Astroglide. (Astroglide, you may or may not know, was developed from Roswell technology gifted to us by the aliens so that we chimpanzees can put our peepees into very uncomfortable places. And no, I'm not talking about the back of a volkswagon.) Anyway, I used to have to go into sleezy adult stores to get it and now I can just go down and get it with my Effexor. In fact my health insurance may cover it. Damn! This gives me hope for western civilization....

By semillama on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 12:50 am:

Hell, you can get Astroglide in walmart.

Can't get l'il kim as far as I know, though, so what's the point?

By dave. on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 01:58 am:

hey man, i thought you were trying to get out of the midwest.

By 12 Furbys on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 02:12 am:

Wow. I can also get Lil' Kim cd's at WalMart. Astroglide, Lil' Kim, antidepressants.... my evening is looking brighter and brighter.

It reminds me of something my Grampa used to say to me: he'd say, "Banana, banana... tell Gram the muffins are burning."

And then we'd have to change his diaper.

By Hal on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 02:49 pm:

WALMART IS THE DEVIL....

Christ, how many times do I have to emphisise this.

By cyst on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 10:30 pm:

I'm happy that I got a letter, which I will transcribe for you, from my old babicka friend in prague.

she's a czech woman in her 80s. she spent most of her life in liberia (where she knew my great aunt) but had to leave in 1990 or so, after the civil war started. she was very lucky that was the same time the communists got kicked out and she was allowed to return to the country she had fled shortly after world war ii.

when I lived in prague I used to go out to her apartment occasionally. she would feed me bad coffee and dry cake show me millions of b&w photos from her life in africa.

I sent her a christmas card, and she sent me this letter in return:

Dear July!

What a suprice, you great Traveler! I really enjoyed your Greetings and I am glad that you enjoy yourself and you seems to be allright and happy! Your dutch Familly surely think that I am dead, because I did not write to nobody. Somehow I did not manage to get the Mail ready before XMas, and I allways postponed the writing untill it was to late.

I am well (according to my Age); going nearly daily, out of the House, keeping to be busy; that is the Way to survive--just must not be alone... Planing for Sumer Vacation--get out of the Town--but not Abroad. It is getting too expensiv; and here, at Home, we have many lovely Places to visit by Train or Bus. Usualy I get Company of my Cousin, the same Age, and we are practising touristic. Carrying the Sandwiches and Coffee with us, we spend the whole Day walking around the beautifull Woods, Hills, Forest, and historical Places. Hope we shall stay fit to continue this for more Years again!

Seattle, the Place of my favorite Book from Betty MacDonald "The Egg and I." It is, I think, cold Country, right? It really have wonderfull Fish and Crabs and Shells there? (I envy you!) Everything here is very expensiv; we can purchase all the Goodies here, but it is no more that fresh.

My dear Friend July, I am wishing you good Health and good Luck and Happines and will allways be glad to have News from you!

With Love

V.J.

Lovely Post Stamps! I keep them. I have nice Collection of Liberian Stamps, some of them valuable in Collection World -- I was there since 1949-1991!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact