The best thing I ever read here

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: The best thing I ever read here
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 04:59 pm:

By Gee on Saturday, January 29, 2000 - 06:27 am:
    I just had the most horrifying Sorabji dream! It was a nightmare! Everything in it was distorted and larger than life. I don't know how I made it through without activly realizing that it was a dream.

Nate and Semillama were there. It was awful. Not because they were there, but because of what they did. We were sitting at some table drinking. Not really big bad alcohol, but mixers and coolers and stuff like that. Semillama kept pulling out these bottles and I'd say "Do I like that?" and he'd say "I think so." and we'd drink.

There was this big bottle of vodka on a pillar right behind me and everytime I'd take a swig from the drink Semillama had, I'd turn around and take a swig from the vodka and swish it around in my mouth.

Anyway, Semillama finally pulls out this bottle and gets all excited, because It's Time. "This is Nate's bottle!" he says. big spooky grin.

Right away I start muttering no and I refuse to look and go face the window with my vodka. There's a little umbrella in the opening of Nate's bottle, and he takes it out and (this is the horrifying part) sticks the bottle onto the head of his penis.

Semillama really wants me to turn around and look but I'm way too horrified. I don't even have to turn around because I can see the reflection in the glass of the window. But it gets worse!

I can't see this part because I close my eyes, but somehow I just Know it's happening: Nate starts moving his hips back and forth making the little bottle go flying around in a circle. There's some woman there and she keeps screaming "ISN'T IT GREAT??" and Semillama is laughing and I'm drinking my vodka.

Semillama asks me what I think and I (why? why??) say "I haven't had any." and all the noise and hub-bub stops right away and everyone's shocked. So Nate pulls the bottle off of his penis and hands it to me and that's when I (mercifully) woke up.

god. I don't know if I can go back to sleep after this.

By Dougie on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 05:05 pm:

This is my all-time favorite post:

sorabji.com: Weeds: tHE SILLy SQUABBLING GOING ON HERE AT SORABJI.COM

By The Typing Monkey from Caymaan Islands. on Tuesday, August 31, 1999 - 04:49 pm:

SQUABBLE sQuabble squaBBle squabbLe sQUaBble
    squabble squabble sqwabble skwabble, squabble,

sqUABBle squabble and also skwabble. squabble squabble
    squabble squabble SqUaBble, babble, babble, babblyon,
    babble, squabble squat, squit squat squat, babble skirmish,
    squabble, roost, roost roost root, pie-eyed, skirmish, squabble
    squabble, fight amongst each other. buncha squabbling
    grebblers. . squabble squabbel, schnabel, schnopps, squabble,
    my roost is higher than yours. or else! SQUAWWWk,
    squeeeeek, scwaaaak, scwoook schwunk, squabble scriabin,
    schnopps, pass the gong around. keep on kickin that gong
    around. bringe me up, brings me down, just keep on kickin that
    gong around.

oh,. . . squabble squabble squablle. squabelle.
    my post is better than your post. and my post is better than
    my post. tastem, toastem . . . .

What's wrong here, sounds like a buncha cluckkin goin on. Oh,
    a whole lotta shake-in' goin on.
    much ado about wha?
    squabbel squabble squabble. squab.
    Charles Schwaaab can schwab out your account.

this place is gettin creepy, is it the heat. . is there and
    ex-cuse? squabbel squabble squBBLE SQUALID SQUABBLE
    SQBALLEK SUBALKKB SWUALLBE QUIALLBE L LJK KD
    JKD Ajk sjfjf how is the itme for all good men to come to tha
    aid of their own selves.
    or their fewwow man same eh?
    SSSQQQQWWWAAAAWWWWWK! Heee Haw! Yee Ha!
    Weeeeel doggies!
    (moderator: Cross Fire can argue better than any of us,
    McLaughlin Group too now from the Left I'm Michael Kinsley,
    uh, would you believe Michelle, Koo coo for co coa puffs?)

and my posting is the best one of all times, now and forever
    any other post is not good as this one.
    My posting rules.

By semillama on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 05:10 pm:

Pretty good, but it ain't Gee.

By Dougie on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 05:24 pm:

Anybody know who it was?

By Cat on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 05:48 pm:

I still get the giggles thinking about a conversation here that started with someone posting about liking curries or whatever. Then Trace posted "I like spicy food". Then Blindswine jumped in two seconds later with "Trace likes spicy food".

A friend and I have adapted the line into everyday use and whenever one of us say we like something, the other will come back with "you like spicy whatever". Spicy Elton John, spicy ass, spicy lemon tarts..you have to be there, I guess but trust me, it's bloody gut-shaking.

By Dougie on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 05:58 pm:

Did Trace like his spicy food with a JUMBO COKE? Did Trace leave forever, or just during his training? I mean, even if he's staying in a hotel, doesn't he have a laptop with him? Or internet access at the training?

By Rhiannon on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 06:01 pm:

Droopy, I'm about to kiss your ass.

I've said it before. The Cletus and the Squirrels saga -- from the first innocent post to the dramatic revelation of identity -- is one of my favorite things around here.

I'm too lazy to look for anything else I liked especially.

By Cat on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 06:09 pm:

The truth is that Trace is the secret US weapon. They're sending him down to annoy the hell out of Saddam until he invades a small neighbouring country to escape, and then Georgie Porgie can dive in and rescue the free World and have everyone think he's a big boofy bloke like his Dad.

T.R.A.C.E. was trialled on Sorabji Nation first, to really get the annoying rhetoric down, and now he's ready to be unleashed.

(Actually I kinda miss the Tracester occasionally, but don't tell him I said that. At least he added another dimension to the boards)

By Daniel ssss on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 12:12 am:

I like the Lugh in the freezer at the Quickie Shop n Slut episodes, not because they were very good, they were pretty bad...but because i wrote part of em, and Lugh happens to be a friend of mine. And CZarina is storyteller.

By pez on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 12:42 am:

i think i'll always remember isolde and the smints and tbone's "you, me and a stick of butter" line.

By Gee on Tuesday, March 13, 2001 - 03:39 pm:

By semillama on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 05:10 pm:

Pretty good, but it ain't Gee.

~
    that's my most favoritest thing written here. Ahhh, stroke my ego some more, please.

when is Semillama coming back?

By J on Wednesday, March 14, 2001 - 12:17 pm:

I don't know when he's coming back,but at least he will be back,God knows I've missed him too.I missed you and love you Gee:)

By Hal on Thursday, March 15, 2001 - 11:39 am:

Yes, I will in confidence say that Gee kicks some major ass.

By Gee on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 02:36 am:

it's true. I just kicked someone's ass yesterday.

(xoxo J)

my legs are awfully sore because I've started to take step classes. good Lord, was that hard work. I guess I'll get used to it in time, but Good Lord!

By J on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 11:57 am:

Right on Gee,xxooxx:)

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact