Choo Choo Choose us

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: Choo Choo Choose us
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 05:21 pm:

Well, we got notice today...the convention we are gearing up for to present Nico's spring/summer line...its called MAGIC put on by WWD (Womens Wear Daily).

I've iterated before how huge this is. Basically retailers do their buying for the following season at this convention. All the majors have booths...everything from Gap, BR and Bebe to Donna Karen, BCBG, Earl Jeans etc etc.

Well the company that puts it on, just called Nico and out of 100s if not 1000s of exhibitors, they choose her company amongst about 20 others, that they will use to solicit the buyers of major retailers like Barney's, Nordstroms etc. As in "HEY this is hot, and this is further reason you should attend."

In short...the convention production company wants to use nico's work as a way to promote the convention.

They need 500 postcards STAT!

Our work is cut out.

This ties in to our attendance in New Orleans. If orders take off, and we do really well, we will be on a first class flight, and staying in a penthouse in NO...

By pez on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 05:23 pm:

mind if i say wow?

wow.

By patrick on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 05:39 pm:

hi friends,

crazy exciting news i had to share with you........MAGIC has chosen mille nico out of 8,000 exhibitors, as one of the new hot & upcoming designs. MAGIC's promoting the line to their top buyers in barney's, saks fifth, etc.......an amazing chance.

i'm happy to sign autographs upon request.

love nico

By Dougie on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 06:14 pm:

Congrats, Patrick! Does this mean that Tyra Banks will soon be sashaying down the runway wearing your wife's garb?

By heather on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 06:20 pm:

that's excellent patrick

congratulations to nico

By Cat on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 06:45 pm:

Holy shit, it could even spread down under.

I'll alert our customs department immediately to be on the lookout for wicked Mille Nico gear. They'll confiscate it immediately for me.

Great news, Patrick.

By patrick on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 06:46 pm:

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

i married a winner MAMA

By Cat on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 06:46 pm:

When are we seeing photos? Huh? Forget the postcards, get your priorities straight and post links immediately.

Don't make me smack.

By patrick on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 07:09 pm:

when we get postcards we'll send them to all, as well as catalogs.

we are still editing photos. i don't own a scanner, so i have to have someone else do it.

By wisper on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 08:01 pm:

that's rad dude, yo.

By moonit on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 01:15 am:

congrats!

By semillama on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 09:49 am:

You're buying the beer.

See ya in NO, you lucky fuckers.

By spunky on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 10:39 am:

Dito

By patrick on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 11:36 am:

fucko

By spunky on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 11:57 am:

I meant ditto to the congrats, not buying me a beer.

By patrick on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 12:02 pm:

i know

thanks

pussy

By spunky on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 12:05 pm:

fucko

By Hal on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 02:52 pm:

Yo Patrick Nice man... You go.

Speaking of which once you all are rich and famous let me know I know a publisher that keeps asking me for more people since I gave him a friend of mine who ended up making some mucho money selling a few books ( like a few million of them. ) He thinks I know a whole lot of artistically inspired people.

That goes for the rest of ya, if anyone wants to put together a Sorabji book of sorts I can submit it to Jim and see what he thinks, sad thing is only we would truly understand it but fuckin-a think about what people would get out of reading our o' so insparational bullshit... Come on people ideas here... LOOKIN FOR IDEAS

By patrick on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 02:57 pm:

whats the name of the co.?

you know i work for a publisher right?

By pez on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 02:59 pm:

oh man...

it would probably be proclaimed heretic.

god = mark thomas in an electronic experiment that slowly develops it's own secret world?

By agatha on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 03:36 pm:

shush yo mouth!

By pez on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 03:39 pm:

mrph.

By Nate on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 03:44 pm:

pez, you're three steps from being removed.

By Spider on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 03:45 pm:

Hal, you ever hear of the zine called EXIT?

That's what I think of when I think of a book made by us.

By Spider on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 03:48 pm:

By pez on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 05:25 pm:

no, i was kidding. honest. i never mentioned sorabji.com in my post.

it could be cyber-fi.

By patrick on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 06:48 pm:

fuck....FRIDAY THE 13th LUCK!!!!

Sportswear International magazine just called and wants to interview nico about her line.

fuck...fuck...fuck

By Platypus on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 07:15 pm:

Supercool, Patrick.

I demand catalogues now. And I'll print your stationary. Everyone needs stationary. So excellent for Nico.

Yay for Friday the 13th. I have had such a crazy day so far.

WOW, I am so excited. I'm going to go squeal now.

By pez on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 07:18 pm:

i'm going dancing.

i'm going dancing.

shitty shit double post.

By Spiral on Saturday, July 14, 2001 - 11:54 am:

We had a Friday 13th scare yesterday. New woman came in to do our paycehcks. Some of us had recieved raises. She checked the tax bracket and concluded that most of us would be losing near to $100 more a month in taxes.

For about 6 hours, we lived in a frenzied kind of existence- just hoping to find someone to blame/smash/maim/steal our money back from. Then someone called the firm's accountant. The new woman had read the wrong section.

I have never seen the furiously angry get so wondrously happy in so short a turn. It was transformation. It was definitely an eventful Friday.

By patrick on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 01:51 pm:

By patrick on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 01:52 pm:

i know many have given me their addresses before, but you know, im not the type that keeps a black book, so humor me.

By semillama on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 02:44 pm:

what's your email again?

I like the second photo - is that Nico there too?

Is she demonstrating how to escape from a burning building?

Is she replicating a scene from Predator 2?

By patrick on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 03:06 pm:

no, that isnt nico, thats one of of the cherry tartes

see the girl with cherries spilling out of her chest. thats the girl on the fire escape.

shooting the fireescape series was kinda scary as the bldg and fire escape are quite old. Its an old (very cool) apartment bldg made in the 10s or 20s, and shes on the 12th floor, over looking Wilshire Blvd in MacArthur Park (junkytown).

By patrick on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 03:22 pm:

anyone know how to register a logo or slogan?

By Dougie on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 03:35 pm:

By spunky on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 04:46 pm:

I liked the cherry torts

By semillama on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 04:50 pm:

very spunky.

By patrick on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 05:10 pm:

they are a bushel of fun thats for sure

By wisper on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 05:42 pm:

logo? did i hear someone say logo?
    me likey draw-draw
    need help? huh? huh? huh???

By wisper on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 05:43 pm:

(i can't belive i just said that)

By patrick on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 05:55 pm:

well we dont have a logo.

nico just wanted to register "sweaters and knits for ladies and gents"

we can't afford a logo.

By heather on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 05:57 pm:

you can afford my logo ideas

they are free

By patrick on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 06:05 pm:

im not even sure if we want or need a logo.

We have the company name in a specific font (which our graphic artist can't seem to find in a usuable format, fucking fonts)

can you think of designer labels that have logos, other than the company name?

thanks for the offer though

By Antigone on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 06:13 pm:

So are mine, but they suck.

See?

By Dougie on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 06:40 pm:

The next time somebody asks a question around here and I post a link, e-mail a file, offer a suggestion on how to get Win95 back up and hobbling along, etc., and don't get the courtesy of a thank you from the inquirer, I'm going postal. Who the fuck taught you guys manners?

By patrick on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 06:50 pm:

oh pooo

im sorry dougie, thanks

By patrick on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 06:50 pm:

i was taught better, truly

By Nate on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 07:23 pm:

i thought to myself "damn, dougie's on the ball!"

but i didn't post anything because i feel like i'm supposed to maintain a subtly hostile relationship with you.

dumbfuck.

By heather on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 07:26 pm:

that would be my first idea, don't have a logo

By agatha on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 10:05 pm:

almost all of the designer jeans had logos.

By Dougie on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 08:33 am:

You're very welcome, Patrick.

By patrick on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 11:46 am:

you mean as in the stiching on the asspockets?

Im trying to recall...

i can't think of any one that didnt actually involve the name in, such as the levis logo, or even jordache. or even Lee. they have a font and i suppose a logo, but not a icon...yes icon, thats the word i was looking for.

By Spider on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 11:49 am:

Didn't I thank you, Dougie? I think I said "thank you to everyone who helped." I have manners. I am lazy, though.

By Dougie on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 11:58 am:

I must have missed that Spider. Don't mind me -- I was in a pissy mood yesterday.

By agatha on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 12:07 pm:

they had icons. sasson had some s thing, jordache had a horse with a flowing mane, etc.

By Nate on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 02:04 pm:

your logo should be like a upside down triangle thing with a red question mark in it and when people say "WAHT THE EK IS THAT SUPPOSA MEAN?" you can say "AHAHAH GUESS FUCKO!!"

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact