I found a picture of my favorite NPR dj

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: I found a picture of my favorite NPR dj
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 05:47 pm:

Ok, so who's your favorite NPR dj?

(way of the dinosaur my ass.....)

I have the hots for two...

Sarah Chayes

and equally Linda Werthheimer

Im also a bit fond of Jennifer Ludden too.

Something about foreign correspondants that get me in a tizzy.

By semillama on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 06:19 pm:

Jennifer Ludden's pretty cute.

I want to know what that one Irish
    corrsepondent looks like, Siobhan something
    irish.

By Antigone on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 06:23 pm:

My favorite NPR dj is my sister. :)

By patrick on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 06:26 pm:

By Nate on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 07:04 pm:

i like the way sarah chayes says her name.

i don't like any of their pictures.

thought carl kassel's picture will make wait wait even better.

By Dougie on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 07:07 pm:

Oh no way, man. Corey Flintoff does NOT look that.

By patrick on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 07:10 pm:

i don't recall hearing Sarah Chayes. How does she pronounce it "kays" or "Chaze"?

I just saw that hippie-like picture of her in the grass, in jeans (you could easily picture her in bellbottoms with daisies in her hair) in a war zone and fell in love.

ballsy women turn me on.

By testy man on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 07:13 pm:

test message

By Nate on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 10:06 pm:

chase

By Platypus on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 01:07 pm:

woah. I didn't realize how many of them looked like crusty academics. Wierd.

By JusMiceElf on Sunday, February 17, 2002 - 05:37 pm:

My favorite correspondent is no longer with NPR. Quil Lawrence from The World on PRI was a good friend of mine in high school...haven't seen him in almost ten years now, and it's always a little weird to hear his voice on the radio.

By semillama on Sunday, February 17, 2002 - 10:37 pm:

Wow, Fiona Ritchie is cuter than I thought.

And I guess I must be on crack when I thought
    they had a correspondent named
    siobhan...wait, that might be the BBC....

By patrick on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 06:07 pm:

this needed to come back. It's been 6 years. I spend a lot of damn time with these people.

Barabara Bradlee Hagerty meh id hit it
    if she brought
    Madeline Brand along

Annabelle Gurwtich whom I've met and worked with is lookin pretty smokin. i had no idea she was a correspondant for npr.

she's my doppleganger in name only. i've also met her as well

michele norris makes me feel nice and shes attractive too

Lakshmi Singh who's name drives me up the fucking wall whenever I hear it is looking a little hot to trot.

Linda Wertheimer you still own my heart

By patrick on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 06:08 pm:

By Spider on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 06:42 pm:

Annabelle Gurwitch! I remember her from "Dinner and a Movie" -- she's very cute.

Is Michele Norris the one who pronounces her first name with a long EE sound? That used to bug me.

My favorite NPR dj doesn't appear on the NPR staff list -- Kojo Nnamdi. Is he still around? When I lived in DC, I would listen to his two-hour slot at lunch: the first hour was an interview with a local news figure, and the second hour would be spent with people of national interests, often folks like astronomers and artists (kind of like the pool of guests that show up on Stephen Colbert's show). He's a fantastic interviewer.

By droopy on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 06:51 pm:

i'm straying a bit, but that's just the kind of maverick i am. and i'm too lazy to dig through the npr site.

in terms of general public media doableness, i want to give props to homegirl sujata "vodoo chillee" dand.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 01:54 am:

Uhmm, droopy, it is not possible that, according to Sujata Dand's profile. That she is 99 years old?

By Antigone on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 01:39 am:

My favorite NPR DJ is my sister.

By Nate on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 07:03 pm:

your sister is my second favorite. right next to your mom.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact