elimi-date

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: elimi-date
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By eri on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 03:22 pm:

I was channel flipping and I ran across this show. I think someone mentioned it on here before.

Anyways, the history of the funny.

I went to high school and was friends with this girl who was my polar opposite. She slept around, drank, stole boyfriends, ran away, stole, etc. etc. The opposite of me. She weighed about 70 lbs. and was one of the few people I knew who was skinnier than I was. She was also popular (wonder why). We were good friends for a while, until I couldn't take any more. Needless to say, our friendship ended on horrible terms.

So I am watching elimi-date and who is one of the chicks on the show, but (that's right, you guessed it) CHARITY!!! She has put on major weight and has a fat roll on her chin and she let her teeth get really bad. Basically compared to how she used to look, she has totally let herself go. In the first scene at a bar she takes off the guys shirt and puts whipped cream all over him, in front of the whole bar, and starts licking him all over.
    Some other girl gets elimidated. Then in the next scene, they were at a really expensive sushi bar, and she takes off his shirt again and rubs oil all over him. One of the other girls had her tongue in his ear. the 3rd girl says that she will wait cuz she doesn't want everyone else's spit in her mouth and that she is worth waiting for. Of course she is elimidated next. Then Charity says that she reminded her of some girl she was friends with in high school who was just boring. (wonder who she was talking about). Then for the last scene they get "dressed up for a nice evening out". The other girl is in this cute dress. She is in a black leather mini slit up to her cooch and a seethru black top. She grabs the guy and runs off with him into the toilet. Classy. First date? She climbs all over him. In the end he gives them a chance for last words. She says "do you want a leader or a follower?" Guess where she got that line from? Glad to see my just plain boring influence hasn't been completley forgotten. Then she gets dumped in the last round for being too slutty :p

I am still laughing my ass off. Charity turned into a slutty bartender who let herself go. She still hates me. This is the funniest thing I have seen on television in years.

The only thing it lacked was her personal poem.
    ahem
    My name is Charity,
    I live in a tree
    I need to get laid
    so jump on me.

Yes she actually went around saying that, in high school.

Sorry, I am still laughing.

By patrick on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 03:26 pm:

my very good friend Sam, whom i just got off the phone with produces that show.

where was this episode taped?

By Fb on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 03:40 pm:

in the bathroom....follow along....

By eri on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 03:55 pm:

Phoenix.

By patrick on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 03:55 pm:

yep, that was one of his. shot just a few weeks ago.

By eri on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 04:03 pm:

Thought it was great!!! Give your buddy kudos for me. That was better than any prime time comedy I have seen in years.

By J on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 04:05 pm:

Eri I'm in Phoenix,what bar does she work at? I'll call her up and rub it in.

By semillama on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 04:09 pm:

I saw something on Elimidate a couple weeks
    ago, Headline News did a piece with the
    producer of Elimidate, but it wasn't Angry Sam,
    it was a woman. Unless Sam is short for
    Samantha? But the lady's name wasn't
    Samantha, that's for sure. I kept waiting for her
    to give props to Angry Sam but it seemed like
    she was taking all the credit for herself for
    coming up with the whole concept.

What's up with that?

By patrick on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 04:53 pm:

he's now done with the season. it will surely be picked up again for another, which is good for him from a financial standpoint.

otherwise the mundane nature of the show, and the idiots he has to deal with is draining the very life from him.

you should seem him after he comes home from shooting 5 days, 14 hours a day in some other city.

Sam is a line producer. Meaning, he is the producer in the trenches. He literally is responsible for scoring locations, getting the necessary shooting permits, working on location, doling out the money for whatever comes up along the way. They have 2-3 line producers and then usually a few executive producers who work in the offices and suck network cock. Who they interviewed most likely was his boss.

By spunky on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 04:57 pm:

i cant stand that show
    i think it ranks right there with
    street smarts/wise whatever it is called
    and 5th wheel
    and SPRINGER
    hate that shit

By Nate on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 05:13 pm:

i've never heard of it.

By patrick on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 05:14 pm:

for the better.

By Eri on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 05:38 pm:

J, I have no clue what bar she works in. It just said she was a bartender in phoenix. She is blonde, with really bad braces. Her name literally is Charity (mommy named her well). That is about all I know. If I had to guess based on the show I would say she is near one of the major universities.

I think most of these shows are stupid. Every guy on them seems to go for the fake blonde, big fake rack and easy women. The strippers take home the guys at the end of the show. You see some lame geek cop have three big breasted blondes in bikinis fight over him. Duh, like he could ever find a woman that looks like that anywhere else, and you know the blonde is going to dump him as soon as the camera is gone.

For some reason, I still put them on when I am bored.

Patrick might like the 5th wheel. Half of the time the women get nekked. The guys will get some in the pool and then dump the girls at the end of the show saying they couldn't bring these girls home to mommy. Guess that is what happens when he gets what he wants out of her in the first hour of the first date :p

By patrick on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 05:44 pm:

i cant stand any of those shows.

sam and the director will manipulate the episodes by planting statements or actions, often resulting in that person's "demise" if you will. they are staged to an extent.

By heather on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 05:44 pm:

that show is produced in hell

that could have just called it elimi-whore, not based on eri's story, but on the 2 minutes i watched once trying to figure out what was going on

i was embarrased for everyone involved

By patrick on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 05:49 pm:

when i finally got a peek at an episode, i almost cried for angry sam.

ever since doing Unsolved Mysteries, he's been somewhat locked in to reality TV when he isnt taking hiatus to write.

By heather on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 06:08 pm:

it must be so much work, and very painful to do when it's neither your own nor something you believe in

my friend filmed 'paramedics' or whatever it's called and she really enjoyed it

By patrick on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 07:04 pm:

yes. which is why he takes 2-4 months hiatus in between seasons to write.

the film we shot last summer, is now the target of his current hiatus. he is waiting on his new mac, those kickass g4s, he's gonna load up Final Cut Pro 4 and edit the bitch.

its a yin and yang thing.

By semillama on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 10:37 pm:

He was involved with Unsolved Mysteries?
    That's way cooler than elimidate.

By Cat on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 11:04 pm:

Elimidave would be the coolest

By dave. on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 12:12 am:

fuck you.

By Cat on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 01:21 am:

Fuck you more. And geeme a beer.

By Czarina on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 09:26 am:

Damn,that sounds like an obnoxious show and an obnoxious bitch.

I'll be in Phoenix in 2 weeks,maybe J and I can track her down.

By eri on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 11:13 am:

She is quite a character without any prompting. She doesn't need lines. I think she would be pretty hard to miss now. It was just funny, because she was even worse than I remembered her. I just threw away all of my old pictures from high school (I am a pack rat and a picture hound). Had tons of her. Shame I couldn't send you a before picture, though you can hardly recognize her now.

By patrick on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 12:19 pm:

i talked to him about it sem, and that was indeed the creator of the show, that woman you saw.

she basically came up with the idea, took a digital cam and did a pilot of the show that way. then the network saw it, and swooped in on it. she went from hollywood nobody to millionaire in no time.

but thats just drunken porch talk.

By patrick on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 12:20 pm:

you don't like email too much do you heather?

or maybe you just dont like me too much. which is understandable.

i do smell funny sometimes.

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 08:11 pm:

Have I been eliminated yet?

LS

By Czarina on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 12:44 am:

yes

By LoneStranger on Thursday, February 28, 2002 - 08:58 pm:

Damn.

LS

By Czarina on Friday, March 1, 2002 - 02:10 pm:

Maybe I could reconsider,if you won't behave.......

By LoneStranger on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 09:10 pm:

I can always be "naughty!"

LS

By Czarina on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 12:20 pm:

I've always had a fondness for you,LS.

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 06:24 pm:

kekekekekekekek

I am fond of people who have a fondness for me!

LS

By Czarina on Wednesday, March 6, 2002 - 12:25 am:

Its the nature of things. Familiarity breeds.

By LoneStranger on Thursday, March 7, 2002 - 07:14 pm:

Can you breed with familiars?

LS

By eri on Thursday, March 7, 2002 - 07:51 pm:

You can breed with familiars, but you might get horns :p

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact