mille nico fall catalog

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: mille nico fall catalog
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By eri on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 06:47 pm:

Yes, I got it in the mail today! I love the sweater on the cover, but of course, I am allergic to wool, because that is just my luck. I loved the colors, too.

Patrick, I was suprised when I saw the pics, knowing that you were the model. Trip out on that. You look a lot like me when I don't have a tan! If I didn't know better, I would think we were related! Freaky. You even look the same way on camera as I do, when I am not in character (like my Theater in the Park pics).

Too bad I don't have any of my old modeling pics anymore. They would freak you out!

The sweaters look really nice, but all of the ones I would actually wear have wool, just my luck.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 06:58 pm:

oh well.

thanks for lookin anyway.

i was at a party sat. night at big gay chris's house.

his parties are always nice. they have the nicest backyard i know. He and his partner are the only people i know of to go to the trouble to hang a chandelier in the backyard.

Anyway....when we came over, nico brought a handful of catalogs...chris being the sweetie he is, placed them on a small table outside the bathroom. perfect spot as people were always waiting on the can.

well i walk into the kitchen, coming from outside, and there is a gaggle of men talking, the see me and:

gay dude #1 "heyyyyyy you're the guy in the catalog we saw by the bathroom"
    me: *blush* "yep thats me, though i prefer to be on the otherside of the camera..."
    gay dude #1 and #2 in unison: "noooooo, you're hot, you look so good"
    me:*blushing harder* well you know, im the photographer first...what can i say, we were on a budget"
    gay dude #3: "no you should totally be modeling professionally"
    me:*blushing even harder, looking for a way out* well thats nice of you to say but fat chances on that
    gay dude #4 and others all together: "no you're good, you should be doing much more, god you're hot hot hot...yeah totally, *they then start talking about me in the 3rd person* "he's tall, lanky, totally has the eyes and hair for it....."

by this time i had refilled my wine glass and darted out the door.

totally made me uncomfortable. Doesnt matter that they were guys, it could have been girls, in fact there were girls there who were extra sweet on me too....one slightly tipsy girl even grabbed my butt as we were dancing.

totally awkward. last time i pose like that.

By eri on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 07:05 pm:

I used to get that after the plays, not quite the same, but still. It is uncomforable at first, but it's allright. What finally made me laugh the whole thing off was when I took my 2 year old to a school function (her free preschool program) and the press recognized me and wanted to use me in the piece they were doing on the "Parents as Teachers" program, but that would have meant filming and doing photos of my daughter and I didn't want that.

No reason not to do it again. They turned out nice. I just thought it was funny. We should do a catalog together, that would be funny, except that I am wayyyyyyyy too short.

Don't let other people wig you out about it, though. You did a good job. If they think you looked hot, then you did the modeling job well.

I will look at my wardrobe again, I'm sure. Maybe there is something there, but it hasn't jumped out at me yet. I have so many damned clothes that I don't know what to do with.

By patrick on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 11:41 am:

By eri on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 12:14 pm:

I like the pic of you in the fishin sweater on there!!!!

I am debating getting the mod cable sweater, but have a question, if I got it in cinamon, what would the content be (would it have any wool in it?) Also, how true of a red is it, or does it have brown tones in it. Last but not least, about sizing, how do they run (I'm not sure if I should get a XS or S).

I know, a lot of questions, but I am kinda neurotic about clothes. Besides, I want to make sure I get the right product in the right size.

By patrick on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 12:18 pm:

mod cable has no wool wool i believe. If you click on the "swatches page" you'll see the contents. In this case 60% cotton 40% acrylic.

its not red, its cinnamon. Think orangish red.See images. Those are "true" images as far as color correction goes.

By patrick on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 12:19 pm:

wow this place is rockin today? maybe i should say something moronic to get people out of bed.

fucking ass monkeys.

By Spider on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 12:28 pm:

What are the measurements of the sizes?

Those are real cute sweaters. I like the skirt that the girl is wearing in the lower-left picture, too.

By Antigone on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 12:28 pm:

Lube up, sweater boy.

By patrick on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 01:00 pm:

uhhh..i'll ask nico about the sizes.

i know nothing about the skirt. I think its even been adulterated with photo shop to avoid any copyright infringements.

are you visiting tiggy?

By Platypus on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 03:14 pm:

I'm a big fan of the split neck, the fishin' sweater, and the contrast cardigan.

Oh, the excitement.

By eri on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 03:19 pm:

I loved the split neck, but it has wool in it.

Is it my imagination or is it dead in here?

By Antigone on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 04:38 pm:

Yes, wool is dead everywhere.

By Nate on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 06:56 pm:

i have wool pants on.

call me mr. fancy pants.

By heather on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 07:50 pm:

new pants
    new pants

mr fancy pants

adult pants

new pants

wool

there should be some kind of restriction put on dockers and khakis

By LoneStranger on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 08:35 pm:

Well, spank my ass and call me Charlie.

LS

By Antigone on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 09:12 pm:

Well suck my goat and call me CHUPACABRA!

By eri on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 10:30 pm:

My confusion over the fabric content is because in the catalog, it shows samples of the colors and the wools are one type and the cottons are another and the cinamon color is only in the wool section not the cotton one, so I was confused. I am going to put the color on the catalog next to my skirt to see if the colors are close enough.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact