Image o' the day

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: Image o' the day
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 03:32 pm:

By eri on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 03:52 pm:

While on the subject:

How to impress a woman:
    > > >
    > > > Wine her,
    > > > Dine her,
    > > > Call her,
    > > > Hug her,
    > > > Support her,
    > > > Hold her,
    > > > Surprise her,
    > > > Compliment her,
    > > > Smile at her,
    > > > Listen to her,
    > > > Laugh with her,
    > > > Cry with her,
    > > > Romance her,
    > > > Encourage her,
    > > > Believe her,
    > > > Pray with her,
    > > > Pray for her,
    > > > Cuddle with her,
    > > > Shop with her,
    > > > Give her jewelry,
    > > > Buy her flowers,
    > > > Hold her hand,
    > > > Write her love letters,
    > > > Go to end of earth and back for her.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > How to impress a man:
    > > >
    > > > Show up naked .... bring food ... Don't block the TV.

By spunky on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 04:09 pm:

you forgot the beer!

By semillama on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 04:25 pm:

i was thinking that too. So much for impressing a guy!

By sarah on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 04:29 pm:

what if she brings sex toys instead of beer? or does nothing replace beer?

By patrick on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 04:43 pm:

pfffft

toys are for kids sister.

bring the beer, your rosey ass and the remote control.

By Nate on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 04:51 pm:

bourbon replaces beer.

the bottom line is know your man.

By eri on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 05:56 pm:

"the bottom line is know your man."

That would be why it doesn't mention beer. My man doesn't drink it. Or bourbon. mmmmmmmmm bourbon.

By spunky on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 10:03 pm:

By eri on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 11:23 pm:

Sneak. I didn't know you wanted my picture for this!!!!!

By spunky on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 09:51 pm:

What was Coca-Cola thinking?

Check out the belt buckle as well.

By spunky on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 10:04 pm:

By dave. on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 10:12 pm:

milf?

By spunky on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 10:18 pm:

American Pie.
    M.I.L.F.

By spunky on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 10:18 pm:

Stiffler's Mom

By eri on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 11:04 pm:

M.I.L.F. is Mom I'd Like to Fuck. From "American Pie" in the form of Stiffler's Mom.

By dave. on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 11:05 pm:

never saw it.

eri, trace wants to fuck karen black.

By eri on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 11:37 pm:

Who is Karen Black? Can I pretend to be her?

By spunky on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 01:19 am:

By semillama on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 10:38 am:

???? What the hell was that?

By spunky on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 10:44 am:

The Bush Twins partying.

Hey, how about some KFC?

By Bigkev on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 12:51 pm:

ROFLMFAO

how can you tell thats the twins? thats about the worst quality pic ive seen in years.

By spunky on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 12:54 pm:

i found it on thefirsttwins.com

By eri on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 01:36 pm:

That was fucking hillarious love!!!!

By spunky on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 09:47 am:

By spunky on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 06:56 pm:

By Nate on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 07:44 pm:

why couldn't they be holding each other's breasts?

By spunky on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 09:09 pm:

By spunky on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 09:10 pm:

ass bag

ass clowns

I like it

By sarah on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 10:40 am:

hillary does not have fat thighs.

By semillama on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 12:43 pm:

Boy, you sure hate free speech, don't you spunky?

By patrick on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 12:59 pm:

this is my particular favorite. Its SO true!

spunk, can you NOT be a tool for one day?

i have an inkling of resepct for those 'chicks' despite thinking their music sucks ass because they actually took their influence to spread a good word for a brief moment. anyone who gives them shit for doing so is cog in a mass fickle idiotic public.

no one protested or boycotted some of those other silly rednecks when they came out with ridiculously patritioc and zenophibic songs after 9/11.

By eri on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 01:13 pm:

"no one protested or boycotted some of those other silly rednecks when they came out with ridiculously patritioc and zenophibic songs after 9/11."

So then you haven't bitched about these songs and you went out and bought their singles? Or have you berated the songs (protesting) and refused to buy them (boycotting) just yourself not realizing that you were part of a silent group doing the same?

The only difference is that you were silent in you actions (on the mass scale) and didn't have a large group publicly speaking these things.

For the Dixie Chicks, their public, their fans are the same people who buy the 9/11 patriotic shit. Their biggest fan base is patriotic, so their comments upset their fan base. So therefore their fan base boycotted them. There are still people who believe they didn't do anything wrong and still buy their music.

It pretty much goes that way for all types of music. People get boycotted by their fan base when they do/say something that offends that fan base. Very few artists have the fan base that is open minded enough to still enjoy their music when they don't agree with what the artist says.

The band TATu is being boycotted on MTV right now because their song "All the things you said" had lesbians in school girl uniforms in the video, when the song is about lesbians and their loved ones not understanding their love.

It happens all of the time, it's just that people have made the biggest deal out of the Dixie Chicks. It all relates back to the fan base though.

By spunky on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 01:16 pm:

i hated the dixie chicks before this happened.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 01:39 pm:

well alright then.

By Nate on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 01:55 pm:

"Boy, you sure hate free speech, don't you spunky?"

do you mean that, sem? because i think that what spunky is doing is just as vital as free speech as what the dixie chicks did.

isn't a boycott free speech?

By spunky on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 04:42 pm:

i never said they did not have the right to say it.

i found it personally distasteful, and i have never had any respect for them.
    besides, it did not take a whole hell of a lot of courage to spew the same vile slime that was and still is coming out of most "celebrities" mouths these days.

It would take a lot more courage to stand on the stage where they were and say they stand behind their president. That deserves respect.

By spunky on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 04:42 pm:

i never said they did not have the right to say it.

i found it personally distasteful, and i have never had any respect for them.
    besides, it did not take a whole hell of a lot of courage to spew the same vile slime that was and still is coming out of most "celebrities" mouths these days.

It would take a lot more courage to stand on the stage where they were and say they stand behind their president. That deserves respect.

By BIGKev on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 05:34 pm:

how would toeing the party line take more courage? the fact that the chicks are being publicly denounced and reviled stands as proof that by (the fat one, i dont know their names) saying what she did took courage.

"vile slime"; just because it isnt your opinion doesn't mean its not a valid thought/opinion.

vile
    adjective.1 abominable, disgusting, execrable, filthy, foul, hateful, horrible, loathsome, nasty, nauseating, obnoxious, odious, offensive, repellent, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, sickening, ugly. 2 base, contemptible, degenerate, depraved, despicable, evil, immoral, low, perverted, sinful, ugly, vicious, wicked

slime
    noun oozy or sticky substance.

·colloquial muck, mucus, mud, ooze, sludge

I am fairly certain that neither of these words were used correctly to describe someones speech

what was said may have been, inaccurate or incorrect, unlikeable or maybe even wrong but im sure that it wasn't 'vile slime'

By spunky on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 05:37 pm:

it was too me.
    how many celebrities took to the stage in london to tote the party line?

that WOULD have taken courage

By Spider on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 05:46 pm:

The "fat one" is not fat.

By wisper on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 12:14 am:

she does have a fairly round face though, which can add to the illusion of 'fat'.

By BK on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 02:48 am:

you're right, she 'country thin'.

By spunky on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 08:30 am:

she nasty

By semillama on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 10:38 am:

It doesn't take any courage to toe to the party line spunky. You know that. There's no repercussions or danger in holding to the party line.

Now, if some punk rocker came out and said: "I'm proud of our president" that would take courage, because he would get heckled off the stage.

Probably wouldn't recieve death threats, though.

By spunky on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 10:44 am:

sure he would.

By BK on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 11:54 am:

im beginning to think that you're contrary, just for the sake of being contrary....

And this is what leads other posters to come down on you so hard at times...

By spunky on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 12:18 pm:

how long have you been hanging around, kevo?

By semillama on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 12:29 pm:

He wouldn't recieve death threats. THat's not punk. He would just be accused of selling out and might get a bottle chucked at his head.

By kazoo on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 12:34 pm:

I hung around for 4 months before I posted anything. I hung around for a month before Sem actually sent me here. How's that for sneaky?

By BIGKev on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 01:13 pm:

ive been posting here since 98. minus a couple of years where i went without a PC.

why? but in case you really want to know.. i lurked for 2 months before posting.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 01:26 pm:

i opened my big mouth the minute i came here....sometime in....98 i think.

By Dougie on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 02:09 pm:

I've been here since 2000. Is it just me, or was this place more fun a year or two ago? Maybe I'm just burnt out with it all.

By Spider on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 02:17 pm:

It's not just you.

I should try to persuade Droopy to come back.

By semillama on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 02:41 pm:

yes. droopy, crimson, pilate, pug, oswald and RC need to all come back, and cat needs to stop taunting us with glimpses of her tartness.

By eri on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 03:18 pm:

I came here in 2001, so I missed crimson, pilate and oswald. Didn't have a chance to get to know pug well, and I miss droopy and RC.

I find cat taunting us with glimpses of her tartness amusing and funny.

By spunky on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 03:18 pm:

I thought DrOopy had passed on?

By spunky on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 03:20 pm:

"I've been here since 2000. Is it just me, or was this place more fun a year or two ago? Maybe I'm just burnt out with it all."

I understand that, and have been that way from time to time.
    However, we are on the downhill slide towards the next pres election. I think things are barely getting started.

By Spider on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 03:29 pm:

Wait a minute! What does the presidential election have to do with this messageboard? Why why why do most of the threads started nowadays have to be about politics? How about we go back to what we used to talk about all the time, namely, trivial shit about our daily lives?

It's been fun arguing about culture and history, hasn't it? Let's forget about politics for a while, okay? Please?

By Spider on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 03:31 pm:

Droopy is alive and fairly well in Fort Worth, working at a kind of antique store and playing the blues.

By spunky on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 03:42 pm:

so that was a joke????

By Spider on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 03:48 pm:

What was a joke?

By patrick on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 03:54 pm:

you are thinking of fetidbeaver...who reportedly ODed

By spunky on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 03:57 pm:

oh, maybe I am...
    I just remember someone's wife posting to let us know he was gone. I good have sworn it was droop.
    I did not know he oded...

By semillama on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 04:16 pm:

Yeah, that's news to me....

Now there was a guy who could take the piss out of your sails!

not to mention mix his metaphors.

By eri on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 04:47 pm:

I had no idea he had OD'd. Honey, I could have told you it was FB, though. I miss him. He made me laugh.

I am all for mundane non-political threads, but I think that after 9/11 things just changed direction because these things just didn't seem important enough to discuss much for a while. I would like to see more fun threads, though. I miss discussing lingerie with RC.

By TBone on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 05:09 pm:

Mundane? You've got it backward.

By wisper on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 07:24 pm:

"Mundane? You've got it backward."

Danemun?

enadnuM?

By TBone on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 12:31 am:

!yltcaxe

By spunky on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 01:02 am:

!skaerF

By dave. on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 02:24 am:

yag

By semillama on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 09:56 am:

syegakstifer

(i wonder how many people will try to read that before realizing it's gibberish)

By jack on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 06:23 pm:

By Ophelia on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 05:02 am:

hehe sem, i did.

hi again everyone.

i come back, and now nate's leaving? gbah. sadness. but dont think i could make it through finals week without you guys, i have need of this place for wee-hours study break posts when the whole dorm is asleep.

well since i left i (mostly) got over a boy, failed to mend my study habits, made myself a whore to the theater department though my major is physics, got drunk with faculty, and decided that morality is obsolete.

and now i'm writing a paper on scenery in the italian renaissance.

By kazoo on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 12:14 pm:

Hi Ophelia,

What are you doing this summer? Since you left I too, failed to mind my study habits, got tipsy with the professor I want for my advisor and her husband, felt my first earthquake and lost my grandfather.

Today I am working on two papers on Hemingway's Garden of Eden.

By BIGKev on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 12:51 pm:

By sarah on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 03:38 pm:

By eri on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 04:03 pm:

That was good Sarah!

By spunky on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 04:36 pm:

dammit
    i got
    Problem Report
    Access denied to the system by SmartFilter, while attempting to retrieve the URL.
    Message ID
    SMARTFILTER_DENIED Secure Computing
    Problem Description
    Your system was configured to deny access to this URL.
    Problem Cause
    The request was denied, as specified in the SmartFilter Content Filter configuration. The content category reported is EXTREME.
    Possible Solution
    Contact your network support team if this problem persists, and provide the team your account information.

on the first one and

Problem Report
    Access denied to the system by SmartFilter, while attempting to retrieve the URL.
    Message ID
    SMARTFILTER_DENIED Secure Computing
    Problem Description
    Your system was configured to deny access to this URL.
    Problem Cause
    The request was denied, as specified in the SmartFilter Content Filter configuration. The content category reported is SEX.
    Possible Solution
    Contact your network support team if this problem persists, and provide the team your account information.

That filter sends reports of any denied access attempts on the base to me, but I would not doubt they go somewhere else as well........

By spunky on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 04:41 pm:

By spunky on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 04:42 pm:

maybe they are getting ready to bump bellies over the camels

By spunky on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 04:53 pm:

or maybe "No, Apu I said camel LIGHTS."

By Antigone on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 05:39 pm:

spunk, do you know how much you're setting yourself up for a social engineering exploit?

Obviously not...

By Rowlf on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 06:13 pm:

The only thing I have to say about the Dixie Chicks is how funny it is that their album sales have actually gone up since the boycott began

ditto Michael Moores Oscar speech, his book went back to no. 1 and the movie attendance went up...

By patrick on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 06:15 pm:

it usually works that way rowlf.

when the tipper used to be more active with the PMRC, album sales went the through the roof. She actually helped the sales of 2 Live Crew albums

By Rowlf on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 06:26 pm:

and its the reason FOXNews and Howard Stern have such high ratings... you get the fans, and you get the people who are outraged who want to see what weak-ass shit is coming up next.

By spunky on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 07:02 pm:

Social engineering exploit?

Dammit, i was just trying to make a joke.
    I am staying out of any debates for a while

By Ophelia on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 07:54 pm:

great picture kev. hehe. my roommate is very cutesy animal-y and despises alcohol. i sort of want to show her the pic to get a reaction, but i think she would rant and i'm not in the mood, so i'll refrain.

kazoo,

study habits are overrated... at least thats my philosophy all of the time except finals week and then i wish i had been a better student. oh well.

i'm not familiar with Garden of Eden. i am taking an Am Lit class but it is literature of the american west. i was going to write a paper on The Grapes of Wrath even though its been done a million times over, but now i am reading Blood Meridian, and am thinking of changing my topic to something from that book since i enjoy it so much. that one's not due til a week from monday though, so i have time.

this summer i am going home to the boston suburbs for a bit (you're from boston, right? where?), then living in maine for a few months with my dad's cousin and being paid to watch his 2-1/2 year old daughter. she is really fun, and i'm hoping to also have some time to relax and read. i'm really looking forward to this. i'm not certain if i'll have an internet connection available though. then i'll probably do some camping and hiking around new england before heading back to school.

what about you?

By wisper on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 09:17 pm:

By wisper on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 09:19 pm:

By kazoo on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 01:17 am:

Ophelia,

On Monday I am moving to Ohio to spend the summer with Sem. I will be finishing my papers there. Hopefully it will just be editing and proofreading what I write this weekend.

I'm from Lowell. I lived in Boston for three years (Brighton) before going back to school. Did you see that the old man in the mountain collapsed? Where do you hike? I like Carter Notch in the White Mountains. I used to sneak up there for weekends away from everyone.

By Cat on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 03:32 am:

I can't get this poem out of my head so now I'm going to put it in yours:

somebody

god I got the sad blue blues,

this woman sat there and she

said

are you really Charles

Bukowski?

and I said

forget that

I do not feel good

I've got the sad sads

all I want to do is

fuck you

and she laughed

she thought I was being

clever

and O I just looked up her long slim legs of heaven

I saw her liver and her quivering intestine

I saw Christ in there

jumping to a folk-rock

all the long lines of starvation within me

rose

and I walked over

and grabbed her on the couch

ripped her dress up around her face

and I didn't care

rape or the end of the earth

one more time

to be there

anywhere

real

yes

her panties were on the

floor

and my cock went in

my cock my god my cock went in

I was Charles

Somebody.

By Ophelia on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 06:10 pm:

nice.

kazoo, i was actually thinking of applying to work in one of those amc huts this summer, but this other thing came up and maine sounded good. maybe i will next year though. i did some of the presidentials last summer, webster, jackson, eisenhower, monroe, washington. we ate meals (our own food) at mizpah hut and lake of the clouds, and also went by and saw the old man... he fell??? i hadn't heard that. that's really sad. i may have done wildcat, but probably never stayed at carter notch... i've been hiking the white mountains with my family since i was wee, though, so i don't always remember which i've done and then heard stories about doing or which ones i've heard stories about that didn't involve my going up them, ya know?

okay that's probably really annoying for people who don't know the area, so here's a crappy map: http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/whites/photos/hut_map.gif ...maybe it will help make sense of this nonsense.

By BIGKev on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 03:25 pm:

its more than one but what the hell

By wisper on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 11:24 am:

By semillama on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 12:24 pm:

fantastic

By patrick on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 01:23 pm:

sometimes buck really turns me on.

By Rowlf on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 06:28 pm:

By eri on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 07:48 pm:

I sing that all of the time, usually in public places to freak people out.

By dave. on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 10:50 pm:

yikes! mons venus eye trap.

By Rowlf on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 09:21 am:

By Antigone on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 12:21 pm:

Notice that, with that particular voting machine, you could vote democrat with any of the blocks.

It's a conspiracy!

By eri on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 01:16 pm:

I think you would have to match the colors, too. Did anyone notice that the animal inside the shape for the independent party was a chicken?

By TBone on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 01:20 pm:

By semillama on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 02:58 pm:

I like how that's on a Japanese truck.

By TBone on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 04:54 pm:

I got a kick out of that too.

I think I kind of freaked him out. Weird guy behind him taking pictures.

By Rowlf on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 06:26 pm:

By BIGKev on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 06:43 pm:

treat it like one and laugh away...
    cause if you dont, just think of the implications....

I'll have to read more about it be4 passing any judgement...

nice statue tho... i always said it was his tiny penis that made him start the war....

By Rowlf on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 09:09 pm:

By Rowlf on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 09:32 am:

By spunky on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 09:34 am:

Rowlf, you come up with some awesome pictures.

What exactly did you have in mind with the statue of Iwo Jima?

By semillama on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 10:38 am:

Hi, spunky.

I was just thinking how crazy it would have been if Lucy had come back and tried arguing with you, but then started to spontaneously combust because she would realize she was agreeing with Patrick and Antigone...It was a fun little scenario.

By Dougie on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 10:45 am:

I wonder if Lucy ever comes back to lurk, or posts under a different name.

By spunky on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 10:52 am:

i am limiting myself to certain threads only right now.

I am wanting to stay away from political debates at this time due to being told to shut up on a regular basis, and I am still in the process of re-evaluating my stances.

Oh, and not because of the verbal thrashings I receive here either.

By Dougie on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 11:29 am:

Hey, spunkman's back. I knew he'd come back. They always do.

By spunky on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 11:31 am:

for a limited engagement

By TBone on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 11:51 am:

Sorabji's a hard addiction to shake.
    I made a couple posts promising to have a greater presence after the 17th...

But one taste and I find that I'm somehow finding time to keep up even though I'm working AND it's finals week.

I'm looking forward to next week. I'm going to start sleeping again.

That doesn't really explain the occasional necessary absences, though. It's complex.

Whatever happened to Hal's glorious return? Or was that Jack's?

By spunky on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 11:58 am:

TBone, what are you studying?
    I browsed your website the other day, and the pics were great.

Forgive me for saying, but for some obscene reason, you have always been one of my fav's...

By Spider on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 12:07 pm:

TBone, you salty dog.

By TBone on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 12:39 pm:

Computer Science.

I was considerably distressed then the M.A.S.H. test told me I'd be a programmer in Las Vegas.

If 5 years (slacker!) of Computer Science education have taught me one thing, it's that I don't want to be a friggin' computer programmer as a career. Not that I'd mind a job that included programming...

That said, I'm probably going to be one for a while out of necessity.

I've got a whole bunch of stuff that I've been meaning to add to the galleries. I plan on doing a lot more photography this summer, too. With film, even.

I'm glad the reason I'm one of your favorites is obcene. I wouldn't have it any other way. Probably has something to do with the old days of the webcam in my dormroom.

I do have a sweet ass.

By Rowlf on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 05:43 pm:

By spunky on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 06:58 pm:

you had said on the right side (i had figured you meant the left, but who knows?)....

hey sem.

By wisper on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 07:01 pm:

YATTA!

anyway, it's great to see everyone with a case of Lucy nostalgia. Warms my heart.
    It's good that enough time has passed and we can finally talk about it :)

By Rowlf on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 11:38 pm:

shit you're right spunk

the Iwo Jima thing doesnt really do it for me. I'll pass on that one

By spunky on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 02:08 pm:

By eri on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 02:31 pm:

I don't think hairspray is what he needs in that picture, or are afros coming back yet again? I saw a few kids (teens) outside the local rehabed criminal apartment complex with them recently.

By PetRock on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 03:07 pm:

Saw that Yatta thing and had to wonder wtf?

Sent the link to an acquaintence in Singapore to ask him if he knew what was up with that thing? (And no, I don't think that he knows all things Asian but thought he might have a clue as to what/why it exists).

Seemed to me like a mixture of the Chippendale Dancers and Devo, if they were all Asian. Strange....

By BIGKev on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 12:37 pm:

hehehe

where in the world is this? Its european judging by the license plates that can be seen, but.... any ideas?

By Rowlf on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 06:30 pm:

Yatta means "alright", or according to others "we did it", its supposed to be an uplifting song about life... some of the lyrics translated are like "a young man just graduating!" "succeeding great in business!"

By spunky on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 01:26 pm:

First picture of Earth taken from the surface of Mars

By eri on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 04:29 pm:

Cool.

By Antigone on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 05:14 pm:

Not taken from surface. From Mars orbit

By spunky on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 05:44 pm:

I still love those pictures.
    The one on Space.Com was much clearer.
    I have not checked that site in weeks.
    Thanks Antigone

By Rowlf on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 10:57 am:

By wisper on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 12:09 pm:

cant type. . . too excited. . . .

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REN & STIMPY!

John K! back! later! new TNN/"Spike TV"! not for kids! oh! my! god!

By spunky on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 12:52 pm:

OH JOY!

By spunky on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 12:52 pm:

Now all I need is for them to bring back Count Duckula

By spunky on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 12:54 pm:

By wisper on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 02:02 pm:

i too, was a big fan of Duckula, and his rockin' theme song.

By spunky on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 03:16 pm:

By TBone on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 03:49 pm:

Duckula was my hero.

By spunky on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 04:01 pm:

By BIGKev on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 07:20 pm:

As far as animated ducks go, the only one i ever liked was Daffy (what a retard), then they made DUCKMAN!!!! and my opinion changed...

Duckman rocks!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, i heard a rumor that they were planning on making more Family Guy episodes, anyone know anything about that???

By spunky on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 10:57 am:

By kazoo on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 05:48 pm:

I loved Dangermouse. I miss Penfold.

By eri on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 06:35 pm:

I miss Captain Cave Man. But that is a whole different type of toon altogether.

By wisper on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 07:15 pm:

right on sem, right fuckin' on!
    how 80's synth is that theme song, ouch. . .
    that's not Vincent Price, but close enough to make me very sad :(

i want Duckman back on so bad....

Seeing John K is fun, but it reminds me that all animator guys, on earth, ever, are exactly the same. I know this for a fact. They're fun at first but then VERY annoying.
    I used to go out partying with them in college, one is okay but get 2 or more in a group and you'll just want to kill yourself. I can't stand them anymore.
    They're all nerdly and kooky, jumpy and zany, most with glasses, and funky printed shirts. But they are cocky...they are THE SHIT! Huge egos on the animation boys. And they think they're hillarious all the time too.
    I know it's just the nature of what they do but goddamn, i avoid them to this day.
    Mark my words people, they are all the same.

By Animator guys on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 11:50 pm:

wisper,we dont have huge ego,s we are mearly masters of the universe.

By spunky on Thursday, June 5, 2003 - 03:36 pm:

By spunky on Thursday, June 5, 2003 - 03:43 pm:

By spunky on Thursday, June 5, 2003 - 03:47 pm:

By Anonymous on Thursday, June 5, 2003 - 04:52 pm:

Now that's one big pussy!!!

By Rowlf on Thursday, June 5, 2003 - 06:26 pm:

I hate it when there are spelling mistakes in captions. It bugs the shit out of me.

"captian" - captain
    "Mandrin" - Mandarin

MANDARIN IS WRITTEN ON THE SIDE OF THE FUCKING PLANE, GENIUS

By spunky on Friday, June 6, 2003 - 11:57 am:

By eri on Friday, June 6, 2003 - 01:24 pm:

Ouch

By spunky on Sunday, June 8, 2003 - 10:41 pm:

By spunky on Sunday, June 8, 2003 - 10:42 pm:

By moonit on Monday, June 9, 2003 - 12:56 am:

isnt that your god of houswork and home stuff lady?

By spunky on Monday, June 9, 2003 - 02:17 am:

yes, but for now she is the local whipping boy

By wisper on Monday, June 9, 2003 - 01:50 pm:

i love martha stewart.
    The home & garden network and foodtv puts re-runs of her shows on as late-night filler, she's on about 5 times between 1 and 4am, i always try to catch at least one show a night.
    It's such a great way to end the day, "at least SOMEONE got some shit done today."
    Makes ya feel like everything is going to be okay after all.
    The napkins all have rings on them, and the roses are trimmed just so.
    *sigh*

By wisper on Monday, June 9, 2003 - 02:05 pm:

By eri on Monday, June 9, 2003 - 03:58 pm:

That's too cool Wisper!

By moonit on Monday, June 9, 2003 - 04:38 pm:

Love the statue.

I saw your god on Oprah once. She told us the correct way to fold fitted sheets. I can't remember how to do it now. So I just roll them up in a ball and chuck them in the cupboard.

By spunky on Monday, June 9, 2003 - 10:00 pm:

Now, I have to say that This is damn funny

By eri on Monday, June 9, 2003 - 10:12 pm:

That was funny, but I can't believe it came from you.....

By spunky on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 03:27 pm:

By semilama on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 03:51 pm:

By spunky on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 03:58 pm:

the scottish rat was actually kind of cute.

By eri on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 05:09 pm:

I was just thinking that some of those rats were actually damned cute. Don't need rats, have rodents. Don't need rats, have hamsters.

By spunky on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 05:26 pm:

By spunky on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 05:27 pm:

By clunky on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 05:46 pm:

By eri on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 01:00 am:

The following were answers provided by 6th graders during history tests:

1. Ancient Egypt was inhabited by mummies and they all wrote in hydraulics.
    They lived in the Sarah Dessert. The climate of the Sarah is such that all
    the inhabitants have to live elsewhere.

2. Moses led the Hebrew slaves to the Red Sea where they made unleavened
    bread, which is bread made without any ingredients. Moses went up on Mount
    Cyanide to get the ten commandments. He died before he ever reached Canada.

3. Solomon had three hundred wives and seven hundred porcupines.

4. The Greeks were a highly sculptured people, and without them we wouldn't
    have history. The Greeks also had myths. A myth is a female moth.

5. Socrates was a famous Greek teacher who went around giving people advice.
    They killed him. Socrates died from an overdose of wedlock. After his death,
    his career suffered a dramatic decline.

6. Julius Caesar extinguished himself on the battlefields of Gaul. The Ides
    of March murdered him because they thought he was going to be made king.
    Dying, he gasped out: "Tee hee, Brutus."

7. Joan of Arc was burnt to a steak and was canonized by Bernard Shaw.

8. Queen Elizabeth was the "Virgin Queen." As a queen she was a success.
    When she exposed herself before her troops they all shouted "hurrah."

9. It was an age of great inventions and discoveries. Gutenberg invented
    removable type and the Bible. Another important invention was the
    circulation of blood. Sir Walter Raleigh is a historical figure because he
    invented cigarettes and started smoking.

10. Sir Francis Drake circumcised the world with a 100-foot clipper.

11. The greatest writer of the Renaissance was William Shakespeare. He was
    born in the year 1564, supposedly on his birthday. He never made much money
    and is famous only because of his plays. He wrote tragedies, comedies, and
    hysterectomies, all in Islamic pentameter. Romeo and Juliet are an example
    of a heroic couple. Romeo's last wish was to be laid by Juliet.

12. Writing at the same time as Shakespeare was Miguel Cervantes. He wrote
    Donkey Hote. The next great author was John Milton. Milton wrote Paradise
    Lost. Then his wife died and he wrote Paradise Regained.

13. Delegates from the original 13 states formed the Contented Congress.
    Thomas Jefferson, a Virgin, and Benjamin Franklin were two singers of the
    Declaration of Independence. Franklin discovered electricity by rubbing two
    cats backward and declared, "A horse divided against itself cannot stand."
    Franklin died in 1790 and is still dead.

14. Johann Bach wrote a great many musical compositions and had a large
    number of children. In between, he practiced on an old spinster which he
    kept up in his attic. Bach died from 1750 to the present. Bach was the most
    famous composer in the world and so was Handel. Handel was half German, half
    Italian, and half English. He was very large.

By spunky on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 12:40 pm:

By patrick on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 01:37 pm:

i also drove by the filming of Starsky & Hutch this weekend. I think Vince Vaugn is in it.

You'd think they were incapable of dreaming up an original idea.

The problem is, most of you monkeys are paying for the recycled shit

By eri on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 02:11 pm:

I haven't paid a dime for any recycled shit. Haven't gone to the movies, haven't seen it, don't wanna.

I totally don't want to see the remake of Battlestar Galactica, cuz I loved the first one as a child and don't want it ruined by a remake now.

I have this weird thing for buying the original movie, not the remade one. My collection doesn't really reflect that now, cuz I have gotten rid of so many of them, but it once did.

By semillama on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 06:38 pm:

By patrick on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 06:40 pm:

shit.

im gonna cry

By spunky on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 07:24 pm:

holy shit sem

By spunky on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 03:28 pm:

By semillama on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 04:20 pm:

I'll leave that one for the Supreme Court...

By spunky on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 04:35 pm:

happy dog

By Rowlf on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 10:10 am:

By Antigone on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 01:18 pm:

By spunky on Tuesday, July 1, 2003 - 03:37 pm:

By spunky on Tuesday, July 1, 2003 - 03:38 pm:

For Patrick
    I think it was you that said he thought she was hot....

By spunky on Wednesday, July 2, 2003 - 04:47 pm:

By spunky on Wednesday, July 2, 2003 - 04:49 pm:

By spunky on Wednesday, July 2, 2003 - 04:53 pm:

start at the bottom of that last one

By spunky on Thursday, July 3, 2003 - 10:46 am:

By Spider on Thursday, July 3, 2003 - 10:50 am:

By spunky on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 02:18 pm:

By Antigone on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 03:43 pm:

no face

By spunky on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 03:44 pm:

locutus of borg

By Spider on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 03:55 pm:

Do you guys remember if I posted a link to a picture of a baby orangutan with a little smile on its face? I'm trying to find its URL.

By Spider on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 04:54 pm:

No one's gonna help me find my monkey?

By J on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 05:05 pm:

I don't remember seeing it Spider,sorry.

By spunky on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 05:06 pm:

i can hardly keep track of my own monkey....
    :)

By Spider on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 05:10 pm:

It was the cutest little monkey....every time I'd look at the picture, I'd laugh....

:~(

By Antigone on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 05:11 pm:

By Spider on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 05:31 pm:

Nope. I swear I posted the picture here somewhere....

By spunky on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 07:25 pm:

By patrick on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 07:46 pm:

please tell us you arent buying that shit?

there are dozens others like her.

she's not so special, just a media cookie that you perhaps you're ating like the rest of them.

By dave. on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 08:17 pm:

check out uncle dad behind her!

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 08:26 pm:

funny that dimlu accuses us of being media sheep, then sucks up his own flavor of hype...

By beta on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 10:58 pm:

i think i might have saved that picture if you want me to send it to you

By spunky on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 03:25 am:

No, I know for a fact that most of the story was prop BS.
    They all are welcome home (by me at least) as heros.

By patrick on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 01:08 pm:

so why would you think any of us would give a rats about it?

By spunky on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 01:38 pm:

cold.

By J on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 01:46 pm:

I'm glad she's home,just cause the media blew this all out of proportion doesn't undermine the fact that she was injured and I'm glad she's o.k.That poor girl didn't have a clue what she was getting into when she enlisted,she was trying to better herself and get out of bum fuck W.V. And Dave I noticed that uncle dad rederence wise guy.

By J on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 01:46 pm:

oops! reference

By patrick on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 02:07 pm:

really? unless you intend to post such a post about all hundreds of other wounded coming home, why would you think we want to take a bite of that shit sandwich.

has nothing to do with being cold. has everything to do with not taking of bite of that bullshit media shit sandwich.

just like that halloween episode of the simpons where the larger than life billboards come alive and destroy the town...."just don't look" is the saying that saves the day.

im not looking to give the media any more empowerment.

By J on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 06:03 pm:

I think it's nice that the people in her home town have worked on her house so she'll have wheelchair access.Those are good people in those hills.

By spunky on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 09:29 am:

By spunky on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 03:41 pm:

By spunky on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 10:30 am:

By Antigone on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 10:49 am:

By spunky on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 10:53 am:

spears is going to out do madonna

By Spider on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 10:59 am:

I read a great article about why Spears would *never* outdo Madonna. The gist was, Spears is a tease...Madonna is insatiable. Let me see if I can find the URL...

By spunky on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 12:16 pm:

when is spears going to "do" madonna??

By patrick on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 12:44 pm:

she's so not attractive. i dont get it.

By spunky on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 12:47 pm:

she is not to me either, but that does not mean shit. I find shorter, petite women the most attractive.

By J on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 12:55 pm:

I think Brittney is attractive,I think Angelina Jolie is beautiful.

By patrick on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 01:02 pm:

the only way they can photograph that tard is to have her tilt her head wayy back and slop her hair on her face.

hell they should just put a bag over her head for that matter.

By Dougie on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 01:14 pm:

Angelina Jolie bugs the shit out of me. I don't know if it's the fact that she uses a stagename with a last name of what means "pretty" in French (I'm assuming it's a stagename), or if it's those big puffy implanted lips which will look comical on her in 10 years, and the fact that I just don't think she's that pretty.

By patrick on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 01:21 pm:

well, considering her father is Jon Voight and her mother is some other woman named Marcheline Bertrand, its a stage name.

By spunky on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 01:33 pm:

having jon voight for a dad has to be a hellofa thing

By J on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 01:50 pm:

Jolie might end up looking like Bridgitte Bardot when she's older(probably),but I still think she's beautiful.I don't think her lips are implants,they are like her dads.She doesn't much care for him,he wasn't there for her as a child,and I see Billy Bob Thorton is playing at Nita's Hideaway just down the street from me for $20.00 alt. country next week.

By eri on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 02:45 pm:

Jolie bugs me. I'm just not into her. Spears bugs me,cuz I don't think she is pretty, and what is up with her boobs constantly changing sizes?

I think it is true though, that Britney is a tease and could never do Madonna.

By A.k on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 03:35 pm:

why are you talking about something so uninportant like her??
    pffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

a.k

By spunky on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 03:44 pm:

do some nudies and then we will talk about you, anna.....

By spunky on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 04:45 pm:

By semillama on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 05:57 pm:

Now this makes me wish that Jesse Ventura was still guv of Minnesota. Can you imagine the governer's conference?

By spunky on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 06:10 pm:

WWE SMACKDOWN! And if Springer were to run for Gov of Illinois, he could play the ref.
    Who would be the card girl?
    I think it is funny gary coldman (SP?)
    was going to go for it.

By patrick on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 06:15 pm:

My Girl is running.

Hot damn.

You get the impression she's a demon in the sack?

I do.

By eri on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 06:18 pm:

He said he still is going to run for the office, even though Arnold will be.

Dad called me this morning. Said it was funny. Apparently Arnie got a standing ovation when he said he was going to run for office.

Dad said he won't vote for him and doesn't want him to get it cuz he is a "moderate" republican and doesn't share the same views on important matters. Says Arnie takes the women's right stance on abortion and if you are going to do that you might as well make murder legal across the board.....went off about it.....I nearly hung up on him.

By semillama on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 07:15 pm:

Patrick: She's greek. DUH.

But here's the ideal candidate for you.

By patrick on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 07:30 pm:

no wayyyy dood.

im much more attracted to panty hose and progressive politics than i am to coke whores and patriotic bras.

By patrick on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 07:31 pm:

that girl should put on a shirt for chrissakes.

By spunky on Friday, August 8, 2003 - 01:37 pm:

By eri on Friday, August 8, 2003 - 02:41 pm:

Those sag, but they aren't as nasty as the one before.

I wonder if that picture will damage Arnie's campaign?

By semillama on Friday, August 8, 2003 - 02:46 pm:

In California? No way - if anything it would improve it.

By eri on Friday, August 8, 2003 - 02:56 pm:

Sorry, I should have put *sarcasm* after that one.

By semillama on Friday, August 8, 2003 - 04:51 pm:

Hell, that picture is nothing compared to him lighting up a big fatty in the "Punping Iron" documentary.

By Rowlf on Friday, August 8, 2003 - 06:17 pm:

By BIGKev on Friday, August 8, 2003 - 07:02 pm:

Did anyone hear of the Transvestite model/stripper that ran for mayor in Toronto a couple of years ago?

Now that was an interesting campaign...

By agatha on Saturday, August 9, 2003 - 12:42 pm:

I thought those boobs were lovely. So many men, so few reasonable expectations.

By spunky on Saturday, August 9, 2003 - 01:18 pm:

By spunky on Saturday, August 9, 2003 - 01:21 pm:

By BIGKev on Saturday, August 9, 2003 - 02:28 pm:

heres a little story 'bout that tranny... we had some stellar candidates that year...

By agatha on Saturday, August 9, 2003 - 03:39 pm:

So profoundly airbrushed.

By BIGKev on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 05:37 pm:

although the mayoral elections in TO. have been put to shame by the Cali. Governor race...

what a crop of loonies you guys have...

By moonit on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 12:36 am:

By heather on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 10:25 am:

i
    fall
    to

pieces....

each
    time
    i
    see....

By spunky on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 12:18 pm:

Pictures of Mikayla
    from birth to now. I am in the process of updating all pages on our family website.

By patrick on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 01:36 pm:

whose boobs agatha?

the porn stars or the chick with Arnie?

By J on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 01:58 pm:

Miki really was tiny,I love the one where she's smiling with Santa.

By patrick on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 02:11 pm:

actually with santa, she has this look of "um. mom. dad? who is this fuzzy asshole whom you've pawned me off on?"

she's super sweet and i can totally see eri in that one studio portrait...with the navy dress. in the pics ive seen eri, sometimes you have this look , like you are looking through the camera, out the back door in your car and away.

By eri on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 02:31 pm:

Yeah, I get like that in lots of pics. Don't like the photographers, can't get into the pics. I also hate the way I look on camera these days. Hell, I just hate the way I look most of the time these days....I'm going through a total "OMG, I look so ugly" phase that has lasted for the past 4 years and is only getting worse.

No one has ever said they saw ANYTHING of me in Micki before, though. That's cool.

By eri on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 02:32 pm:

I think the naked yoga pic looks airbrushed. No one has skin that perfect.

By patrick on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 03:09 pm:

light can do wonderful things.

By spunky on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 03:14 pm:

By eri on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 03:23 pm:

Patrick, you are a good photographer. I have seen your stuff and I like a lot of it. But when you go to K-Mart or Wal-Mart or Sears for pictures, the idiots behind the camera know even less than I do. I think that is why I don't like a lot of the pics of me, and can't get into it.

With you, it would be easier, cuz I am comfortable that you will come up with good pics showing something that isn't normally shown by some idiot in a box taking pictures.

That, and I don't like to have candids taken of me without my knowledge and then put up on the web. I usually don't like most of those pics either. Spunky always sneaks up when I have no idea he is taking pictures and then I freak out like a mad woman :)

By patrick on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 03:34 pm:

well.

i understand.

the problem with the sears, kmart photogs is their horrible abuse of light.

they flood the setting, take a reading to make sure the face is exposed correctly then boom. they're done.

on top of the ridiculous backdrops, they are, by nature, uptight experiences.

to make a good photo as a subject and photographer i think a couple of key things should be kept in mind *relax, its just a photo *stop and double, triple think of what you see in the viewfinder. hell, just count to 5 before you snap and look at the entire frame. *try to pose as little as possible and *never be afraid to get a little closer.

By Antigone on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 04:09 pm:

"*try to pose as little as possible and *never be afraid to get a little closer."

patrick, are you sure you're not giving relationship advice? :)

By patrick on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 04:27 pm:

or sell mouthwash?

By Antigone on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 05:36 pm:

It is excellent relationship advice, though.

* relax
    * stop and double, triple think of what you see
    * count to 5 before you snap
    * try to pose as little as possible
    * never be afraid to get a little closer

:)

By spunky on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 05:51 pm:

I thought that was a deodorant commercial (Arid Extra Dry)....

this is my favorite picture of Mikayla to date.

By semillama on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 06:05 pm:

Jim Van Oss' images

This guy does some great work. I especially like the shipwreck and the one of all the little boats lined up. Great use of light and composition.

By spunky on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 06:07 pm:

sweet. I am begging for a better digital camera.

By spunky on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 04:07 pm:

By semillama on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 05:27 pm:

By spunky on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 05:33 pm:

excuse me.

By clunky on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 06:48 pm:

WHALE FLATULENCE STUNS SCIENTISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

By spunky on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 10:46 am:

By Spider on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 10:50 am:

DAMN.

3 months and 29 days left, is it?

By spunky on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 11:11 am:

Yup.
    I am going crazy.
    Right now eri and I are trying to decide if we buy the two towers dvd that comes out next week, then sell it or give it away and buy the extended version when it comes out in November.
    Damn those marketing geniuses

By spunky on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 11:14 am:

By Spider on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 11:15 am:

Do what I did last year -- just rent the August DVD and buy the extended version later. Of course, you might have to wait a few days or weeks to find a copy of the DVD in your video store...

By Spider on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 11:16 am:

Or, hell, buy both. The August version is 40% off on Amazon.

By spunky on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 11:18 am:

a caption for this picture reads:
    "Aaaangriff!!! As a knappe of king Théoden rides Merry into the battle ( thanks Philipp Lessig and other one! )"
    Hmmmmmmm, I guess he could not find a horse?

By spunky on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 11:21 am:

walmart is going to have it for about the same price

By Spider on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 12:09 pm:

I'm happy there will be so much Boromir in the ROTK. Sean Bean, how I love thee!

By spunky on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 12:19 pm:

By Dougie on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 12:31 pm:

Looks like he could probably give himself a nice high colonic while he's in there.

By J on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 04:09 pm:

He's probably looking for his keys.

By spunky on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 02:32 pm:

By eri on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 03:05 pm:

Oh honey, she dresses like that all of the time.... or is it that you think she's hot? ;)

By spunky on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 03:18 pm:

I have no response to that at this time.

By patrick on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 03:37 pm:

of course he thinks shes hot.

no need to be coy.

By Nate on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 04:12 pm:

i think she's creepy.

By eri on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 04:18 pm:

I know that Patrick, but I like to pick on him and make his squirm a little.

By Spider on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 04:40 pm:

By patrick on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 04:47 pm:

im with you spider. she does look skank, but she's a "hottie". not attracted, but she is a "hottie". the Maxim chic is not my bag though.

Your UK cooking bird is more my taste.

By Spider on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 05:00 pm:

That woman does something funny to me. I don't know if I want to be her, be with her, or devour her cannibalistically. She's just amazing.

By Nate on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 05:06 pm:

wow.

By Antigone on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 05:25 pm:

Nigella Lawson is one of the sexiest women alive.

She's almost as sexy as my girlfriend. :)

By Antigone on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 05:28 pm:

Those images of her suck, though. She's always hidden behind something, obscuring her luscious gargantuan hips. It's just a crime.

By heather on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 05:44 pm:

women generally dislike the word gargantuan
    used when referring to their hips

trust me

By J on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 05:50 pm:

or their ass,some might not mind the word when you say it about their breasts though,can we say Pamela Anderson?

By Nate on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 05:59 pm:

instead of gargantuan, try 'gorgonesque' or 'owl proof'.

By patrick on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 06:01 pm:

or 'junk in the trunk'

in fact i told the wife how much i loved her 'junk in the trunk' just this morning.

By Antigone on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 06:51 pm:

"women generally dislike the word gargantuan
    used when referring to their hips"

Oh, that's just silly. I love gargantuan hips on a woman. I know lots of guys who love gargantuan hips on a woman. Be proud of your hips, baby!

By semillama on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 07:26 pm:

I was puzzling over that last ROTK pic spunky linked to, wondering why a Rider of Rohan would be wearing an elven cloak, then I realized it was Merry in Rohan armor! Sweet!Spider, where did you hear that Boromir will be in ROTK? I know about the flashbacks in the extended cut of Two Towers, but haven't heard that he would appear afer that.

By patrick on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 07:31 pm:

sem.

keep up.

we're talking about something totally different. don't go and dorkify our conversation about gargantuan hips and junk in the trunk.

By semillama on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 04:29 pm:

Too bad patrick. I'm here to dorkify EVERY conversation. :P

By Antigone on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 04:36 pm:

By Nate on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 05:10 pm:

AKA How do you want to go to jail today?

By Nate on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 05:10 pm:

AKA How do you want to go to jail today?

By Spider on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 08:04 pm:

Sem, check out the German site Trace links to above -- it had lots of screen shots of the movie (or trailer?), and there looked to be a lot of flashback scenes with Boromir and Faramir, and Boromir and Denethor.

By eri on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 10:34 pm:

From the ads I have seen on tv, I am wondering if some of those aren't in the extended footage on the Two Towers dvd.

By spunky on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 08:52 pm:

FUCKING OUCH.

WARNING:
    NOT SAFE FOR WORK
    OR SMALL CHILDREN
    OR anyone who just ate

By spunky on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 08:53 pm:

Fucking Ouch

Picture only, I would suggest this link versus the one above.

WARNING:
    NOT SAFE FOR WORK
    OR SMALL CHILDREN
    OR anyone who just ate

By agatha on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 10:00 pm:

what the fuck was that?

By kazoo on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 10:18 pm:

somethings are just wrong.

that was one of them.

By spunky on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 10:57 pm:

that had to be one of the worste things I have ever seen. I don't think I have run across that one on rotten.com yet...

By eri on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 11:21 am:

Where on earth do you come up with these pics honey? That looked like a midget porn site ;)

By wisper on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 01:10 pm:

is that an 'after' shot of a guy getting his dick forked?
    that's my guess, anyway.

(forked as in split in two at the top for cosmetic reasons, not attacked by a fork, although that may work too.)

Spider- "That woman does something funny to me. I don't know if I want to be her, be with her, or devour her cannibalistically. She's just amazing."

yes
    oh god yes!

last night i told Rowlf that i'd rather he got his tongue forked than grow a moustache. I meant it.

By kazu on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 01:18 pm:

"last night i told Rowlf that i'd rather he got his tongue forked than grow a moustache. I meant it."

I'm with you on this one.

Is he a white man? I didn't want to make that assumption without knowing. Anyway, WMMs (White men with moustaches) look gay. And I don't mean gay as in stupid, I mean gay as in homosexual, but not in a positive like the grooming guy from queer eye way. I mean in a burt reynolds way. Ick. Throw some white piped ass-hugging running shorts and tube socks pulled up to the knees while you're at it.

By Rowlf on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 06:16 pm:

ever since I saw Gangs of New York I've been teasing wisper with the possibility of getting bizarre 1800s facial hair styles

the gaudy clothing I think she could live with.

By wisper on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 06:20 pm:

"Is he a white man? I didn't want to make that assumption without knowing. Anyway, WMMs (White men with moustaches) look gay"

it's true, it's all true.
    i loves me the Freddy Mercury, but not THAT much.

tongue forks? not a big deal.

By spunky on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 10:40 pm:

By wisper on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 11:16 pm:

it scares me that so many people wanted to really see a jeepers creepers 2 website, much less the movie.

*sigh*

By Nate on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 11:37 pm:

"DO YOU REMEBER WHEN CLINTON

BOMBED AN ASPRIN FACTORY FULL OF INNONCENT IRAQUIS?

DIDNT THINK SO. YOURE AN IGNORANT, UNEDUCATED ASSHOLE.

FUCK YOU.

"

holy crap. i didn't realize that they had packed that factory in the sudan full of Iraquoi! er, Eyrecwoai. er, uh.

By Hal on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 12:53 am:

Holy Bleeding nutbags batman

By J on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 02:26 am:

Holy fuck a moley Christ on a condom,in Jesus name,amen.

By moonit on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 03:04 am:

I learnt a new saying on the weekend.

'Frothing at the gash'.

heee

By moonit on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 03:04 am:

I learnt a new saying on the weekend.

'Frothing at the gash'.

heee

By semillama on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 10:10 am:

Wow. I LIKE that.

Moonit, I bought some NZ beer last night - i think it's called Export Gold or something like that. Not too bad, and a pretty good value at $5 a six-pack at Trader joes!

By moonit on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 04:36 pm:

I'm trying to slip it into everyday conversation as much as I can, but its hard seeing I'm all innocent and sweet and shit. hee.

Yeah made by DB. Most of my friends drink it - Im not really a beer drinker, I wish I was but I hate the smell of it. Nice price too.

By semillama on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 05:06 pm:

By moonit on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 12:39 am:

Can't believe you got it for five bucks. Thats f'n cheap as.

By spunky on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 10:30 am:

By J on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 01:46 pm:

By spunky on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 02:51 pm:

By J on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 03:28 pm:

The picture I posted is an advertisement for personal lubricant.Now look at it and see if you can see why it's so controversial in Europe.

By spunky on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 04:04 pm:

oh now I see it. O good grief.

damn, must be good lubricant!

By J on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 04:08 pm:

Took me a while too:)

By spunky on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 04:14 pm:

By spunky on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 10:19 pm:

cat biggots

By eri on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 12:32 pm:

You spelled bigot wrong honey :)

By semillama on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 01:53 pm:

By Nate on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 04:16 pm:

" She did say that he, obviously, is in some pain, but he is dealing with it."

hot damn.

By patrick on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 04:27 pm:

is that crap still hanging out your ass?

just wondering if you've done anything about that.

By Nate on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 04:38 pm:

naw, it was done by then.

you have to love wireless networking.

By Rowlf on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 06:23 pm:

The shit was done. It moved on to something else.

Just like the Littlest Hobo, Nate's shit was.

By moonit on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 08:13 pm:

My friend Tarn works as a radiographer at our one of our hospitals. She got to x-ray a guy who had been shot by a nail gun, went thru his back and ended up just missing his spinal cord and stopped at his chest.

By Nate on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 07:32 pm:

By Rowlf on Monday, September 1, 2003 - 02:35 pm:

By spunky on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 04:07 pm:

By spunky on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 04:24 pm:

By semillama on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 04:34 pm:

Trying to paint Dean like Dukakis is really not going to work.

Now, Kucinich, that would work better, maybe.

By spunky on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 11:03 am:

By spunky on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 10:31 am:

By J on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 11:32 am:

By kazu on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 12:04 pm:

ohmygod.

j, that site is hilarious.

By patrick on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 01:09 pm:

hope my folks house is still standing.

its right where the eye is making landfall.

By J on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 01:35 pm:

Have they evacuated?

By spunky on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 01:44 pm:

By patrick on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 01:48 pm:

they live in Raleigh, about 2 hours inland. So they are riding it out there. Its a beach house and thankfully its several blocks off the beach. The way its situated should help it. its not like most of the houses, on stilts, one right next to the other. It has some space around it.

By semillama on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 02:50 pm:

I can see the outer fringes of that sucker right overhead from my office window.

By Lapis on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 02:55 pm:

Brrrrrrrrrr.

By spunky on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 03:41 pm:

By spunky on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 03:43 pm:

By spunky on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 03:47 pm:

By semillama on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 04:27 pm:

"If you're with the military stay away from two people - the radio guy, and the officer - they're prime targets."

I love the overall positive tone of the article. What a crazy world we live in.

By spunky on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 05:01 pm:

By semillama on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 05:23 pm:

That reminds me of a few projects I've been on...

By spunky on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 06:09 pm:

me 2.

By spunky on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 11:59 am:

By semillama on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 12:35 pm:

animal feces.

By spunky on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 10:41 am:

Hey! What's that Smell!

By spunky on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 05:54 pm:

By spunky on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 02:01 pm:

By spunky on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 12:49 pm:

By eri on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 01:10 pm:

At least she was wearing undies!

By wisper on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 07:02 pm:

aaa! the matrix!!

By V.v. on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 08:38 pm:

Well the dogs got good taste [and smell]

By spunky on Thursday, October 9, 2003 - 12:39 pm:

By spunky on Thursday, October 9, 2003 - 12:40 pm:

By Nate on Thursday, October 9, 2003 - 04:46 pm:

we're definitely smarter.

By spunky on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 11:13 am:

By wisper on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 07:24 pm:

i'm excited for you guys and your new colour money.

welcome to the 21st century

By patrick on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 07:29 pm:

like john stewart said....we're the only country in the world to spend 30 million on devising a new paper format for $20.

Im pulling on my collar and doing that "ayeeee,,,,,ohhhh hot in here" thing stewart does.

By spunky on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 05:45 pm:

By eri on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 06:16 pm:

Those are rather old pics honey....at least for on the internet.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 07:02 pm:

i fucked her.

i did.

By spunky on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 01:54 pm:

By Antigone on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 02:29 pm:

Who farted?

By semillama on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 02:41 pm:

The BBC has a little slide show...includes spunky's sat image.

By dave. on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 03:03 pm:

those captions and pictures rule. it's like a nice little story about a fire.

once upon a time, there was a big fire and it was out of control. . .

imagine your 2nd grade teacher sitting on her stool and reading it to the class, pausing after each caption to turn the book around and pan it back and forth in front of the students a few times so they could see the picture.

maybe it's just me. . .

By spunky on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 03:11 pm:

By spunky on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 03:17 pm:

By spunky on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 03:18 pm:

By patrick on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 03:19 pm:

i wish.

the fires are about 20 miles from us.

all we get is a pinkish apocolyptic haze.

thus far its not a threat to us, and if it ever does, hopefully by the time it would a national guard/volunteer firefighter anybody grab a buck and some sand militia would be formed. further there wouldnt be much to burn. most of LA is concrete.

By semillama on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 04:46 pm:

By eri on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 04:48 pm:

I talked to my cousin out there last night. Her place is covered in ash. She is wiggin out. Talks about how the place she lives in smells like burned wood even though she has kept it shut up tight. But she is farther away from it than you are, maybe that is why all the ash is hitting her area?

Stay safe Patrick.

By patrick on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 05:03 pm:

ash deposit depends on the wind. where is she?

sem there is an awesome flash photo essay at latimes.com.

By spunky on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 05:18 pm:

I was listening to a broadcast today from San Diego.

SOunds like the pits of hell have swallowed parts of SoCal.

By Antigone on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 05:58 pm:

Spunky, this one's for you.

By spunky on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 06:24 pm:

i cant beleive they di dnot lock that down

By Antigone on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 06:30 pm:

Can't. It's the file you serve to search engines to tell them what they can'can't scan.

Intersting what they disallow, ya?

By spunky on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 06:55 pm:

By wisper on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 10:06 pm:

see? why doesn't Whitehouse.gov just set THAT up?

By semillama on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 10:08 am:

ok, that needed a warning.

By spunky on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 10:09 am:

By spunky on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 11:27 am:

By TBone on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 11:48 am:

Wow. And I thought a couple miles was close.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 12:25 pm:

Well, you see, T-Bone, California has to outdo everyone else...

This is probably not the warm welcome the Governator had in mind...

By spunky on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 12:31 pm:

I like the way "Gubinator" sounds as opposed to "Governator". Gubinator sounds more like goober...

By wisper on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 12:23 am:

By spunky on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 09:04 am:

he wishes

By semillama on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 09:53 am:

You know that photographer just creamed him/herself when he/she saw that shot through the viewframe.

By spunky on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 10:05 am:

that was the shot of a life time.

By kazu on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 10:18 am:

shot of a life time? I don't think so. The image isn't particularly striking or interesting and aside from a few chuckles probably won't evoke much emotion from the general public.

Though it might move a few right wing christians who believe that god put Bush in office.

By spunky on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 10:34 am:

Kaz,

Lighten Up.

By kazu on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 11:10 am:

spunk,

never. :P

I bet Boykin has it framed already.

By dave. on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 11:30 am:

there was another shot recently of bush with his head eclipsing some light giving him a god-like coronal glow. i read it was by the same photographer as the lord bush shot.

By Rowlf on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 05:52 pm:

By spunky on Friday, November 7, 2003 - 10:41 pm:

By spunky on Friday, November 7, 2003 - 10:59 pm:

By eri on Saturday, November 8, 2003 - 12:09 am:

I love the one ring pic....ROFLMAO. That would explain so much!

The no swimming pic was taken outside of a restraunt that Spunky stopped at for lunch when he was on the road for this shitty assed business trip.

By spunky on Saturday, November 8, 2003 - 04:06 pm:

By Rowlf on Sunday, November 9, 2003 - 11:16 am:

By Rowlf on Sunday, November 9, 2003 - 11:28 am:

By wisper on Sunday, November 9, 2003 - 01:03 pm:

OH WOW!

i never thought i'd find a better shirt than this one!

but you gone and done it!

By semillama on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 10:40 am:

holy crap those are awesome t-shirts. Well, except for the fact that a lot of people think they are awesome for quite different reasons than I do....

By Rowlf on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 11:13 am:

sometimes I want the famous "i dont dial 911" shirt

a staple of army surplus stores everywhere.

By spunky on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 11:21 am:

i Still want the sign you hang on your door that says "This house protected by Smith and Wesson 3 days a week. YOU guess which ones"

Or "Forget the dog, beware of owner"

By spunky on Tuesday, December 9, 2003 - 12:59 pm:

By Rowlfe on Tuesday, December 9, 2003 - 09:29 pm:

By spunky on Tuesday, December 9, 2003 - 09:46 pm:

By spunky on Tuesday, December 9, 2003 - 09:48 pm:

By Rowlfe on Tuesday, December 9, 2003 - 10:07 pm:

i tried clicking those but it brought me back to the top of this thread...

and the second brought me back to the 'new messages' screen....

what gives? i tried clicking mine and mine still works...

By Rowlfe on Tuesday, December 9, 2003 - 10:15 pm:

http://www.jeffhead.com/iraqifreedom/stamps.htm

is this closer to what you were trying to provide spunk?

I love the "we gave peace a chance, we got 9/11/01" sign...

yeah, we REALLY gave peace a chance. up till 9/11, everything was in total harmony.

R

D

R

R

By semillama on Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 10:16 am:

If by "peace" we mean sticking it in the neck of so many other people, than yeah.

I mean , the muslims have been getting it for a while, but not because of their religion, it's because they aren't sufficiently under control of western business interests. We've never let religion or race stop that before. In the 80s in Central America, for example, we were stomping on Catholics, because the Church suddenly started getting all radical on us and working for "the preferential option for the poor" which meant working to increase human rights in the poor countries of central america. This reform of course was a threat to US control, not any threat of communism, so that's why you have what happened in El Salvador and Guatamala.

So basically, if you look at who are our allies, it doesn't matter if they are muslim or not, are they toeing the US line? It's not about islamic fundamentalism at all. Look, our biggest Muslim allies: Saudi Arabia. They kill people and torture and have horrible human rights records, but they send their oil to the west and a lot of the profits as well, which doesn't go to the people of the region. So they're big allies.

Or look back in the early 90s in Afghanistan - this warlord that's starting to give us trouble now, Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, he was a great friend of ours, yet he's one of the most extreme islamic fundamentalists around, a drug trafficker and terrorist, but he was OURS so we gave him lots of money.

Now, while this stuff is generally kept from our fragile little minds here in the US, it's more obvious in the countries that it effects. So anybody who claims that US foreign policy of say, the last 50 years, had no part to play in the motivations behind 9/11, just isn't taking in the big picture.

By wisper on Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 07:25 pm:

MEANWHILE.....

Okay, so you're the new mayor of a small B.C. town. You have a digital camera. You get a bit antsy. You do some funny stuff. It's all good.

But then, your teenage kids have house party while you're away......and.....

-----

(i read a better, longer version in the paper today, but can't find it online..... heh

Houston mayor stripped of all but chain of office

Steve Berry
    The Province

In The Photograph, Houston Mayor Sharon Smith is sporting a broad, happy smile, her chain of office -- and nothing else.

It's a lovely chain.

Sitting in a black office chair, the northwestern B.C. mayor lets it all hang out in an unashamed full-on portrait of the kind found in innocent nudist magazines.

She looks like she's having a good chuckle with someone with whom she's extremely comfortable.

Trouble is, news of The Photograph is now circulating in Houston -- population 4,300 and home to the world's largest fly rod -- and the story has been in the local newspaper.

Smith claims The Photo was stolen from her home computer at the beginning of November.

And the RCMP confirm they are investigating the "theft of information from a computer."

The naked mayor is hurt.

"I'm disappointed that the stories seem to focus on what the pictures are instead of that it was a theft from my home," she said yesterday.

"Our family is the ones who are the victims here."

But there are some who say Smith disgraced the mayor's office by posing with only the chain of office as cover.

To this, Smith says: Nonsense.

"My husband asked for a specific picture because he was very proud of the fact that I was mayor and that was what it was intended for.

"No disgrace to the office was intended. In fact, he was very proud of it.

"We made sure that we were not infringing on anyone else. It was a private moment and that's all it was."

Smith said she still has the support of the community.

"The majority of people that have spoken to me are behind me and tell me that it is something that was stolen from me and my husband," she said.

But she added that if the majority of her supporters asked for her resignation, she would have to consider doing so.

City administrator Jack Mussallem said Smith "works very hard and diligently for the community" and added that council feels the incident is a "private matter between herself and her family."
    ----

By eri on Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 08:43 pm:

Oh no....they mayor took a nakey pic for her hubby wearing the chain of office.....better oust her while you can!!! How fucked up is that? Anyways.

By Rowlfe on Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 10:19 pm:

the controversy not mentioned is that the pictures may have been taken in the mayors office, at the mayors desk, etc, and not at home...

they dont know for absolute certain yet...

i imagine that would give creedence to the few people trying to get rid of her

By spunky on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 10:54 am:

By semillama on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 12:35 pm:

One day a year, there should be an open season on PETA activists.

By Rowlfe on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 10:30 pm:

By Antigone on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 08:17 pm:

By wisper on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 06:41 pm:

whoa

By spunky on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 09:36 pm:

By wisper on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 01:14 am:

So i'm in a kareoke bar back in the hometown over x-mas, and i'm talking to this guy that i just met but we have common friends: (names changed for no reason at all)

Him- "well if you know Tanya you MUST know Kurtis"

Me- "Sure i know Kurtis! what's that kid doing?"

H- "Funny you should ask that, because if you go to last month's issue of Vice magazine, or the one before that, in the pictures section, you can see him naked on all fours stuck on a roof. He's wearing some S&M gear, but you can't tell in the shot."

indeed he is.
    Looks like a real shitty party.

By Rowlfe on Sunday, January 4, 2004 - 10:01 pm:

By wisper on Sunday, January 4, 2004 - 11:19 pm:

i think i have brain damage now

By TBone on Monday, January 5, 2004 - 01:02 pm:

I'm working with an artist friend of mine to make a webcomic. He does the art, I do the computer stuff. So I guess it's his webcomic, and I'm just an accomplice.
    Anyway... The actual story hasn't started yet, but I'm running a short comic over the next week or so that just he had published in a book of local artists.
    My favorite page is this one.

By patrick on Monday, January 5, 2004 - 01:31 pm:

why rowlf why?

By moonit on Monday, January 5, 2004 - 01:54 pm:

because he wants to scar us all for life.

By Rowlfe on Monday, January 5, 2004 - 03:03 pm:

I needed to see who would have a taste of the Forbidden Fruit.

no pun intended. okay, yes. intended.

Wrinkly old dried up fruit.

Raisins.

Prunes.

A wrinked apple, I'unno.

Old gay men blowing each other.

By J on Thursday, January 8, 2004 - 11:23 am:

Hey dirty old men need love too,but I could have lived just fine without seeing that.

By Saddam on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 10:14 am:

Thank Allah I am out of there, does anyone have a comb?

By J on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 01:45 am:

I wish I could get a close-up,I bet he had nostril hairs hanging down.

By semillama on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 10:00 am:

By dave. on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 11:46 am:

i want one.

By J on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 04:39 pm:

By dave. on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 04:55 pm:

i liked it up until the end.

By J on Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 01:46 am:

Yea he was only 3 and a half years old,just a baby in our lifetime.

By dave. on Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 02:31 am:

i was rooting for the cow. power to the cattle!

By spunky on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 07:27 pm:

By Rowlfe on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 08:58 pm:

it causes you to 404?

By wisper on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 09:38 pm:

you're damn right it does.

By spunky on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 10:05 pm:

By spunky on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 02:40 pm:

By spunky on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 02:47 pm:

By dave. on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 03:41 pm:

she's not going home. she's gonna go to new hampshire, and south carolina, and missouri and oregon and washington. and then she's gonna go to washington dc. to take back the white house.

yeaaaagh.

By spunky on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 12:35 am:

By semillama on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 10:19 am:

Why aren't you in bed with your wife at this hour? Your prescription run out or something?

Jeez.

By spunky on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 11:09 am:

that was actually only 10:30, and wifey was out with Kebron and P last night, so I was watching four little female crazies.

By semillama on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 03:21 pm:

By spunky on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 03:56 pm:

I saw the montage this morning......

Goes right along side my Silent Hill game I have been playing.

By Rowlfe on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 06:20 pm:

By Rowlfe on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 07:00 pm:

By Rowlfe on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 07:45 pm:

By semillama on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 10:11 am:

By Rowlfe on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 01:01 am:

By Fashun Guru on Wednesday, April 7, 2004 - 06:52 pm:

By Col Sanders on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 06:19 pm:

By J on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 12:17 pm:

I told that chicken to act like it was pooping and it just stood there.

By Rowlfe on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 05:22 pm:

By wisper on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 02:50 pm:

here then, is a photomosaic of John Ashcroft, with porn:

*tahdah!*

By eri on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 03:58 pm:

That was cute.

By J on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 12:57 pm:

By patrick on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 01:27 pm:

I didnt do it

for those interested

see eva eat watermelon, be a skater betty and don her easter dress.
    http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?userid=accustat1&album_id=176028

extremely cute images, youve been warned rowlf, wisper.

By kazu on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 01:36 pm:

Those picture, even more than the birthday ones, really drive home how big she's getting. She's like almost a kid now.

Damn you to making-kazu-want-babies hell patrick.

By patrick on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 01:45 pm:

between puppies and babies....maybe sarah and i owe sem an apology. have you made preparations yet sem?

By kazu on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 03:26 pm:

I'm going to damn him to making-babies-with-kazu hell.

Not for a while though, we need to get down the living in the same town thing down first. Probably after I graduate, which sucks, but when I am no longer in class and not teaching I can spend more time up there. Last night I met a woman whose fiancee is an archaeologist here in Atlanta and she told me who was hiring, though I don't think he would make as much down here, which might not seem as important but still a practical consideration.

By Rowlfe on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 10:07 pm:

By Rowlfe on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 05:03 pm:

By Rowlfe on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 12:38 am:

By JK on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 06:26 pm:

By Antigone on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 07:27 pm:

What an amazingly bad photoshop job.

By Wouldnt u like to know on Tuesday, May 4, 2004 - 03:47 pm:

what ther fuck is this website do u people have nothing better to do than slag each other off talk about miltfs and shit like that guys get a life u mother fucking fools

By Rowlfe on Tuesday, May 4, 2004 - 03:54 pm:

By Antigone on Tuesday, May 4, 2004 - 04:03 pm:

If it is him it's pretty ironic that he's telling us to "get a life."

By patrick on Tuesday, May 4, 2004 - 06:35 pm:

Look what gets the masses upset

By Rowlfe on Tuesday, May 4, 2004 - 08:43 pm:

I dont know if I'd call Tillman an idiot per se, or a hero. Soldiers who just die... I mean, say if a soldier doesnt do anything, but gets shot by friendly fire, is he a hero? Are you a hero just by being a soldier? or doctor? or athlete? or do you actually have to do something on top of that?

anyways, what I was thinking about was say, a Christian viewpoint about using Gods gifts. If you look at it that way, it's stupid, because not anyone get play football and be looked up to that way. Its harder to be a NFL star than a soldier in Iraq... sorry. isnt that a waste of a gift, even if it is "serving the country"?

By J on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 02:55 am:

How many low grade morons get to go college because they can play football,no brains but they pass them cause they're big and they can play football? Plenty!!! Pat Tillman didn't NEED to know how to play football,he graduated in 3 1/2 years with a 3.84 grade point average,he was smart.And he turned down a 9 million dollar five year offer contract from the super Bowl champion the St. Louis Rams out of LOYALTY to the Cardinals who he knew were losers but he wanted to help turn them around.So he wasn't about fame,he wasn't about money,he was about being true to himself and if that's not a man,I don't know what is.This is a man who saw the events of 9/11 unfold and wanted to do something to help,he was a hero,just as all of them are.I'm sure he didn't think he'd end up dying where and how he did,but he did die,and he died trying to help his country.What a pathetic cartoon,Pat Tillman died so creeps like Ted Rall have the right to print their garbage.

By kazu on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 11:16 am:

Ted Rall risked his life in Afghanistan so that people like Pat Tillman might not have to die there.

Has anyone read his book?

By dave. on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 11:39 am:

football is the only reason anyone even knows who he is. what's that say about the several hundred others who didn't play? that they're less special?

so what if i hate football.

By Rowlfe. on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 12:14 pm:

I think if every soldier got the Tillman treatment there'd be a lot more people questioning the war

did anyone see how Wolfowitz did an interview where he was asked how many soldiers had died, and he said that it was around 500, when at the time it was already over 700? What the fuck?

By kazu... on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 12:20 pm:

Rowlfe., have you always put a (.) after your name; or are you just trying to be more like dave.?

thats so cute.

I bought the Blond Redhead CD, it was really different than I thought and I wasn't sure about it at first, but now I like it lots and lots.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 12:32 pm:

oh my god, a smart football player. roll out the grandstand.

By dave. on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 12:47 pm:

did anyone see my fists repeatedly strike wolfowitz in the head, one strike for every dead soldier he didn't count, until he went into convulsions?

theater of the mind, people.

By Rowlfe on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 02:13 pm:

Rowlfe., have you always put a (.) after your name; or are you just trying to be more like dave.? "

actually, it was just an accident

unlike my name for this post, which is the title of my new musical

By Rowlfe on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 02:13 pm:

...and that joke has been ruined, since name thingy got rid of the exclamation mark...

it was to say "Rowlfe!"

By J on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 04:14 pm:

I hate football too,and I never said he was any more "special" than the others,he's the last person that would have wanted the attention,he wasn't a glory hound and he wasn't a idiot.According to Websters a hero is not just a person who has excelled at war,it's also any person,esp. a man,admired for qualities or achievements regarded as an ideal or model.His family reminded me of mine as our funerals are always tears and beers,his brother was blipped through most of his tribute.Nobody would have thought less of him had he stayed and played football.

By semillama on Thursday, May 6, 2004 - 10:20 am:

I think the point that Rall was making in that cartoon was that Tillman went and signed up to fight wars that are at the best, unjustified, and at the worst, war crimes.

If Bush hadn't dropped the ball in Afghanistan to go after straw men in Iraq, and instead gave the Afghanistan situation the full attention it deserved, then perhaps the place wouldn't be one minute from complete anarchy right now and Tillman would still be around.

By patrick on Thursday, May 6, 2004 - 01:06 pm:

did you hear that the Taliban are now on the offensive, and a Spring insurgency is expected?

Its like....wait....what the hell? Why is the Taliban still a fucking issue? I thought they destroyed that organization? I don't understand this. I don't understand what the hell we've been doing there this whole time and yet the Taliban is still able to mount offensives.

By semillama on Thursday, May 6, 2004 - 02:03 pm:

We're making "heroes" out of our soldiers, that's what we're doing.

By Comrade Smokey on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 11:27 am:

whats all this got to do with images?

and Just what the hell is going on in North Korea?

130 fires. For perspective, 3 fires are burning in SK......

By semillama on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 12:56 pm:

perhaps it has something to do with widespread deforestation and horrible land management? Is there an article to go with that photo?

By dave. on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 03:37 am:

By semillama on Thursday, June 3, 2004 - 07:59 pm:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact