Hal and Pez: The meeting of the decade, years in the making.

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: Hal and Pez: The meeting of the decade, years in the making.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Hal on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 06:43 pm:

Yes kids, it happened, we met.

Some pool, some beer, and some lunch. Then Hal had to go pass the fuck out because he'd been up for close to 30 hrs.

The meeting will resume on Wednesday, with the pre-sorabji determined drinking occasion (ie: Pez and Hal go drinking, get drunk, and come make random Sorabji threads while drunk together.)

Details when and if available.

By semillama on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 06:53 pm:

Run for your lives!

By 8 on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 07:07 pm:

they're going to make a Pal.

a Hez.

By Antigone on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 07:39 pm:

A Papis?

A Lal?

Hey...that was the name of Data's "daughter" in STTNG.

I am such a fuckin' geek.

By semillama on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 07:42 pm:

"lapis" and "hal"

Ship La La.

By Lapis on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 01:55 am:

What the fuck?

Should I be scared? I might just get giddy and weird and (try to) dance around in my boots and fall down.

Hal's taller than I thought. He also has a hard time calling me "Lapeece" which of course I gave him crap about even though I can't pronounce anything right. Like carbeiner. Car-bin-er? Car bean-er? Car-bine-er?

He also told me that he's going to tell me something on Wednesday and would give any clues except that he thought Nate would approve. I didn't badger though. Again, possibly Pez-creeping.

Omigosh, what slogan t-shirt should I wear? Which camera should I take (or both)?

I am transforming into a teenybopper in relation to the prospect of drinking with Hal. This is scary.

By Nate on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 06:46 am:

oooo. what would nate approve of? of what would nate approve?

By Hal on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 07:51 am:

Not a lot, that's for sure.

By TBone on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 12:37 pm:

I'll hide in the bushes and take pictures.
    I hope there will be bushes.
    So far we've done wild and crazy Missoula things like ride the Carousel and goof off in Dragon's Hollow. Today maybe we'll go do the M trail and other campus-area things. If she wants to get up really early tomorrow, she can come to the radio studio.
    We still need to ride down some hills. It would be better if it wasn't raining.
    My cat doesn't know what to think of the Pez.
    There are fewer awkward silences than I had anticipated. I'm losing my edge.

By agatha on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 01:10 pm:

Ahhh, the awkward silences. I just bulldoze right through those muthahs.

You guys aren't calling each other by your real names?

By Antigone on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 01:11 pm:

Those are their real names.

By Spider on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 01:24 pm:

Agatha, have I told you lately that I love you?

By agatha on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 01:57 pm:

I'm blushing. I love you too, Spidey.

By TBone on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 02:06 pm:

I use her real name.
    Hal usually goes by his middle name.

By Nate on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 02:38 pm:

he does? Candice?

By Antigone on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 02:55 pm:

Slardidbardfast?

By Hal on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 03:02 pm:

TBone, the only people who use my middle name are members of my family, everyone else uses the first name.

And reguardless, I can't call her by her real name, hell I can't even call her Lapis.

She's Pez to me, and will always be Pez to me.

By TBone on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 03:18 pm:

I thought it was the other way around, Hal. That's what your mom told me, anyway.
    I'll just call you Junior to avoid further confusion.

By semillama on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:10 pm:

Ha ha! Junior!

By Nate on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:21 pm:

"that's what your mom told me, anyway" always sounds dirty to me. like there should be a dramatic pause and then "after i schlooped a map of hawaii onto her hairy back."

By Spider on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:34 pm:

I've seen a t-shirt that says "Ask me about your mother."

By sarah on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:35 pm:

hey, leave hawaii out of it!

By Spider on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:35 pm:

Look, you can buy it here.

I dig their explanation.

By Nate on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:57 pm:

sorry, sarah. i thought a map of the aluetians would be too ambitious for hal's mom's back.

By Hal on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:58 pm:

Leave my mother out of this.

By Spider on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 05:01 pm:

Eww, why does it have to be hairy?

By semillama on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 05:07 pm:

You'd have to ask Hal.

By wisper on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 07:41 pm:

there are car air fresheners that just say
    YOUR MOM

funny

Hal and Pez, gawd.
    Missoula is burning too-night!
    onwards with the crazy sorabjiite lovemaking!
    bow-chikka-bow-bow

By TBone on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 10:31 pm:

Dude! Those glarkware shirts are great!

"My girlfriend can totally beat up your girlfriend."

"World's Best Grandma" (on a girlie tee)

I like the "Kill All Humans" and "Please Touch My Monkey" shirts too.

By Lapis on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 01:10 am:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!

Stoppit. Stoppit. My brain hurts.

Blur (the cat) slept on my legs last night. Maybe he's weirded out because I tried to speak cat to him.

It is my nature to try and avoid all possible awkward silences. Awkward silences are my enemy and I shall mindlessly babble for eons to avoid them.

On the M-trail there was a dog named Flash.

Hal is Hal. It's easier to say and I can't fit my mouth around his other name in a way that feels natural.

Yah.

By patrick on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 12:26 pm:

there's a big lobber, creeping towards homeplate nate...i'll leave it for the best of the best.

By hethear on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 12:32 pm:

"lapeece"? is that how you pronounce it?
    weird.

i'm good at feeling comfortable during
    awkward silence

but i like people who talk

By Lapis on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 02:58 pm:

That's how Hal pronounced it.

By Nate on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 03:39 pm:

gaping anus.

By Hal on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 10:17 pm:

Hey thats what I always thought it was, and no one ever told me any different. And its rather difficult for someone here to hear my pronunciation of it.

I have however known that it meant either a certain dark shade of blue, or a Dark Blue Semi-precious stone. As to which Pez(*Lapis*) was ever eluding to, I suppose I'll find out later.

By Antigone on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 11:02 pm:

lapis

Check out the little red speaker...

By Hal on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 11:22 pm:

yeah, thanks...

At any rate, I keep calling TBone's place, but no one is picking up at all. I'm starting to wonder if anyone will ever be there. Can't very well go drinkin with Pez, if I can't find the woman.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact