Worst Christmas Gift Exchange Party

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: Worst Christmas Gift Exchange Party
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By sarah on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 04:13 pm:

i've been invited to attend an 8th Annual Worst Christmas Gift Exhange party this saturday and i couldn't be more excited. the hostess is making all the food and all the drinks, and the invitation said all she wants is for everyone to come and have fun and get drunk and exchange really bad gifts.

so.

i purchased a copy of the "The Best of American Idol: God Bless the USA" CD (which i don't feel bad about buying for $4.99 because 50 cents of the sale gets donated to the Red Cross) and a book entitled "Nancy Reagan: The Unauthorized Biography", which i got at Goodwill for 99 cents.

there's a prize for the person who gives the worst gift. i'm definitely going to be in the running, and i suspect i could even win.

By kazu on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 04:32 pm:

that's hilarious.

do you know what you're getting dave for Christmas? I can't think of what to get for you-know-who. I know what to get him for every other gift giving day in the next year, but not this one.

By Spider on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 04:34 pm:

Somebody better bring a bag of cotton underwear. Worst gift ever!

By Dougie on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 04:36 pm:

That Magic Cone pee thing for women that was posted last week might be good.

By semillama on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 04:42 pm:

i need to find something suitably cheezy for our white elephant party.

on the subject of gifts, my mom got me one of those hats that men in the Alps wear. It's actually a pretty good hat if you can pull it off. Since I have strong eastern European features, I can.

By sarah on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 06:32 pm:

i am the coolest girlfriend ever. check it: i got dave two tickets to the san antonio spurs vs. new orleans hornets nba game on january 25th. he's a big basketball fan.

i also got him a two-pack of rain ponchos, but that's an inside joke you wouldn't understand even if i explained it.

By Rowlfe on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 06:41 pm:

the worst present you can give...

a red baseball hat and a Limp Bizkit CD.

By eri on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 09:59 pm:

Spurs tickets eh? Does that mean you're coming down to SA?

I have no idea what to get anyone yet. A bunch of us were going to go in together and get Kebron a penis enlarger pump, but he found out about it, so that's not going to happen.

Spunky just got buttloads of DVD's for his birthday, so I don't know what to get him either......but I have ideas of things to make him, though that can be cheezy as hell sometimes. And that would only be one gift that doesn't go under the tree.

My Dad was the king of the dorky assed crappy gifts at the company gift exchange. While I was fighting for the beer/tools package, he's wondering why no one wants the M&M's candy dispenser that is glow in the dark blue and gold that plays crappy music, and doesn't even come with a free package of M&M's to put in it.

Worst possible Christmas gift.....copy of "The Simple Life" on DVD!!!!

By wisper on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 11:57 pm:

I'm giving my parents gift donations to the Humane Society.

awww

By moonit on Thursday, December 4, 2003 - 01:49 am:

I don't know what to get the Pandyr either. I keep threatning him that if he doesn't tell me what he wants he'll end up with fire poi. I was going to get him a cool zippo from this dude in the arts centre - he makes original ones - the only guy with the license in NZ - and also imports really stylish ones from all over the world, but he's already got one (which I think is hellishly ugly) He's so tricky to get presents for.

I am helping a co-worker raise money to buy gifts for our annual work 'Salvation Army Gifts for Teenagers appeal'. It's pretty cool so far, we got a bunch of donated prizes and have made out $400 of which we buy gifts and stick under our tree in our office.

By sarah on Thursday, December 4, 2003 - 11:11 am:

eri, dave doesn't have to take me to the spurs game. it would be fun for us to go together, but i honestly don't care that much about basketball and would be fine if he wanted to take one of his buddies.

apparently he went to a spurs game two years ago and drove there and back to austin the same night. if i do go with him, i'd like to go down and stay the weekend. we could visit, and i could finally go to the alamo.

if i don't come down in january i will definitely be down there in february, because my friend Kim (from hawaii) lives there - she's in a band and they're having a CD release party.

dave and i have a LOT of trips planned for next year: hawaii in march (we're buying our plane tickets tomorrow), michigan in june, (to see my nephew - my sister's having her first baby in april) oakland/sf and high sierra music fest in july, portland/seattle/vancouver october, and we'll spend either thanksgiving or xmas next year in st. louis with his family and friends.

By J on Thursday, December 4, 2003 - 11:30 am:

What happened to the ass doctor? I must have missed something.

By eri on Thursday, December 4, 2003 - 01:05 pm:

Keep me posted when you want to come out here Sarah. If you guys wanted to come out and then head home the same night we could always meet up at the riverwalk for dinner or something. But if you want to see the Alamo you should come early cuz I think it closes at like 5 or something like that.

Sounds like a lot of trips that are going to be a lot of fun.

A friend of a friend goes to see some band they are friends with play in Austin like every other month, but I don't know when the next concert is, and would probably come home the same night.

By sarah on Thursday, December 4, 2003 - 01:42 pm:

eri, what's the band's name? if you come to austin i insist we get together and you're welcome to stay at my place - big house, lots of room.

j, the ass doctor left a couple months ago on a trip around the world and i was not invited for any stretch of the trip and he won't be back til shortly after the new year. in the meantime, i met The One. his name is dave. game over.

By heatehr on Thursday, December 4, 2003 - 03:42 pm:

smiles to sarah

i guess no traveling with sarah for me either!

i'm looking to hook up some, uh, "grapfruit
    juice" for xmas. who'da thunk it.

not me.

By sarah on Thursday, December 4, 2003 - 04:51 pm:

heather, i have ridiculous amounts of vacation time and holidays. if you'll commit to greece or costa rica, or something equally exotic - i'm there. for chrissakes girl, i'm not married yet.

By eri on Thursday, December 4, 2003 - 08:43 pm:

Sarah, I will let you know the name of the band as soon as I know it :) Thanx for the offer. I have other friends out there in Austin, but don't know how to get in touch with them, so I haven't been there yet. I'll let you know as soon as Spunky or I or both or whatever will be out there!

By c on Thursday, December 4, 2003 - 11:38 pm:

sarah -- why the PNW next october?

By sarah on Friday, December 5, 2003 - 05:01 pm:

dave has a lot of close close friends in each of those cities and he wants his friends to meet me and he's been meaning to go visit them and it's pretty there that time of year, no?

of course, i have sorabji friends in the pdx and seattle, and a couple other friends in seattle. i don't know anyone in vancouver.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact