The Kids in the Hall

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: The Kids in the Hall
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 12:27 am:

I got the Kids in the Hall first season on DVD today as an early birthday present.

Cabbage Head
    The Sarcastic Guy
    Skoora the Gentle Shark
    Nobody Likes Us
    Buddy Cole the Canadian / on a desert island with Oscar Wilde
    The Guy with a Good Attitude Toward Menstruation
    The Pear
    The Blues Guy and Kathy with a K.

So many good sketches! I've been crying from laughing so hard.

So many memories of sneaking downstairs to catch the 11:30 pm showings on the Comedy Channel at age 13. I had a raging crush on Mark McKinney at that age, and watching it now, I have to say that Scott Thompson is one hot motherfucker, gay and gap-toothed and all.

You know what else I found out? Scott shares my birthday. He'll be (hang on to your hats) 45 on Saturday.

By Lapis on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 01:34 am:

These are the Daves I know, I know,
    These are the Daves I know,
    These are the Daves I know, I know,
    These are the Daves I know.

By dave. on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 02:16 am:

lopez!

By Spider on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 02:13 pm:

Look skyward, moron!

By kazu on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 03:14 pm:

Happy Birthday Spider!!!

I loves me thems kids in the hall.

By patrick on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 03:27 pm:

yayyyy. comedy central has a Kids in the Hall marathon about once a month from 11-1am.

By Spider on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 06:20 pm:

Dave (as high school geology teacher): Why must their Cold War interfere with our...hot love! Their Cold War gradually taking away heat and energy from our love, increasing the temperature of their war, while decreasing the temperature of love until the two meet a mean or average temperature, at which point it sorta levels out and--

Scott (as former Russian spy): Darling! Don't talk to me of thermodynamics, talk to me only of love!

I really wanted to see the French-Canadian whores, but they don't show up until next season. Though their prototypes were there, Scott being a woman who can't stop thinking about Tony, wondering where he could be, who he is with, what he is thinking about, is he thinking about her, and whether he'll return someday.

By wisper on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 06:58 pm:

Spider, do you find the packaging of the set to be god-awful looking?
    I love it like my own child and all, but i find the box looks like a bad puke stain on my DVD shelf.

p.s. "I love this sports score! It's so TRUE!"

By Spider on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 07:03 pm:

No, it doesn't bother me -- I do get kinda freaked out by the picture of Mark on one of them, though. ::shudder::

Scott: Sir, we are in a crisis and action must be taken. Whaddya say?
    Dave: . . . vegetable?
    Scott: WRONG!!!

By Gee on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 10:20 am:

I love that Scott/Tony skit!

also, Happy late Birthday!!

By Spider on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 09:13 am:

I was wrong: no French-Canadian whores in the second season.

But we do see the French-Canadian fur (suit) trappers, which is one of my favorite sketches, and the introduction of Gavin and Simon/Hecubus.

By kazu on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 09:26 am:

happy belated birthday!!!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact