Fruit orgy

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: Fruit orgy
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Platypus on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 03:53 pm:

I tell you what man, it is a great fucking day to be alive.

It's sunny for the first time in weeks and the whole town appears to have been possessed.

Fruit is on sale, to an almost embarassing point, and my fruit basket is overflowing with mangos, kiwis, apricots, apples, etc. I just ate the most delicious apricot, ripe and juicy, made possible by our good friends in Chile.

Better yet, gas is below 2.00 a gallon!

So what are YOU happy about?

By TBone on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 04:17 pm:

Outside of our valley, I hear it's a bright, sunny day as well. Here in the valley, visibility has been around a block length or less due to fog all day.

Happy things: I might get my car back this weekend. Maybe. It's been in the shop since Thanksgiving. I miss my car.

I have a giant caramel apple pie at home.

By Sye on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 04:20 pm:

Yum, yum, sunshine. I get to go home and change into a t-shirt- that's very exciting.

I have paid all of my bills for the month, and I still have money left over. That's never happened before.

By kazu on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 04:24 pm:

My syllabus is done.

By Antigone on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 04:42 pm:

It's a mixed day here.

The bad? There's about a 100% chance I won't get 6 months back pay from my (now defunct) company. I found out today I won't be offered my dream job in NJ. I have very little money and have to start job searching, which I hate.

The good? No dream job offer. Since I'm staying here there won't be any major obstacles with the dream woman. :) I'll be heading to Philly for a week in february to set up a new Tilepile project. (I'll actually get paid for this one!)

Yeah, it's sunny and all here, too.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 04:58 pm:

you stud you.

good: les cowboys fringants

By Dougie on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 05:13 pm:

Good: My 8th class for UOP is done today. 5 more to go. Should graduate in October (had I not withdrawn from 1 class last summer, it would have been August, but such is life.)

By Gee on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 12:12 pm:

Good: my gym membership is only $25 a month. I'm spending lots and lots of time with my best friend. I'm paying off my student loans superfast.

Bad: I have very little money to live on. I didn't get that library job. my shoulders huuuuurt.

By moonit on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 02:11 pm:

Good: I had a great time in Auckland with my mum.

Bad: I overspent badly at Xmas and now need to knuckle down and pay off some serious bills. dammit. I do this every year.

By semillama on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 03:59 pm:

I hear ya, moonit. Boy do I hear ya.

By Nate on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 04:29 pm:

you have a mum in auckland, sem?

By eri on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 06:10 pm:

Good: My mom and dad are both home from the hospital.

Bad: My mom lost six inches of her colon and is on a bag, my dad has 12 stitches in his head and no short term memory. My mom is due to have her surgery to reverse the bag between the time my sister is due to pop the baby and her hubby is due to leave for Korea, so I may have to go to Misery to help out.

By dave. on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 08:41 pm:

By dave. on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 12:46 am:

oh, and sorry about ma and pa, eri.

let that be a lesson to all of us -- you never truly appreciate what you got until it gets taken away.

By eri on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 12:22 pm:

Thanks Dave.

The frustrating part was that I am so far away right now and couldn't help out.

The whole thing is funny, though. I call my Dad and he does "Gilderoy Lockhart" impersonations (for those who are Potter fans and know how he was in the end). Some guy at work yesterday threw a fit and made the guys go out and get my Dad a hat, cuz the stitches on my Dads head was grossing this guy out. Hehe...a former career Marine as grossed out by a few stitches on the back of my Dad's head.........

By kazu on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 12:47 pm:

eri, that's tough. I'm sorry things are so stressful.

sem's other girlfriend lives in auckland, me thinks.

By Platypus on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 01:17 pm:

Thank you, Dave. I really, uh, needed that.

Eri that sucks about mom and dad. At least they aren't in Auckland, too.

And I am also a member of the poor brigade, which would be bad if I stopped to think about it, so I don't. Damn my high morals.

By semillama on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 02:43 pm:

My mum is actually in Mexico, not Auckland.

By eri on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 02:54 pm:

I wanna go out dancing, act stupid, not worry about anything for a few hours. That would be nice. I just find myself overwhelmed lately. I mean, I gave myself a 3rd degree burn out of sheer stupidity cuz I keep getting brain fade over too much stuff in there!

No friends to go dancing with here, though. San Antonio is filled with freaks of all sorts.

By Antigone on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 03:34 pm:

Good: bench pressed 275lb yesterday, easily. First time in over 2 years I've done that.

Bad: cellphone turned off last night because I have a ginormous bill I can't pay. (Too many roaming charges in Tucson, methinks...)

By wisper on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 03:36 pm:

hey dave
    ding

(those were made by a certain comedy website's forum members....i have a winRAR file with all of them on it.....A++)

By patrick on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 03:39 pm:

Good: I have cingular wireless by the balls

Bad: Im here as opposed to there.

By kazu on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 03:50 pm:

good: i've made some progress on organizing and cleaning
    my apartment

bad: it's still a mess

By wisper on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 04:27 pm:

good: Another job ad has come up from Ganz, yes the plush toy people. I'm qualified up the ASS.

bad: ...and so is everyone else. I know at least 5 people who are no doubt applying for this thing, as we speak. Seriously, who am i kidding. I have to make a whole new resume and somehow craft a cover letter without sounding like a retard, or a pretentious bastard. Job hunting could kill a person.
    Can i just write "I'll let you piss in my mouth to work for a toy company"?

By moonit on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 05:38 pm:

Hey Eri, sorry to hear about your folks.

Drinking is bad. I had an excellent time last night, but fuck me am I hungover this morning. Or still drunk. Or something. I need mcdonalds.

By Gee on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 11:02 am:

I am trying to decide if I want to walk all the way to the dominion for water (save money; better for me), or go down the hall to the Tim Horton's (more expensive, tastier but fattier).

what to do, what to do.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact