San Francisco is Magic

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: San Francisco is Magic
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By kazu on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 04:11 pm:

If you sit in golden gate park and say, "I wish I had a pot
    brownie" a nice black man with dreadlocks will come by
    and sell you one.

San Francisco is magic.

I was so fucked up last night

San Francisco is magic.

Remember once when Spunky accused us all of hating
    America except for the alcohol and pot. That might be
    true for San Francisco.

San Francisco is magic.

By Nate on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 04:41 pm:

the magic thing about golden gate park is that every bush hides a syringe.

By droopy on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 04:47 pm:

If you sit in Golden Gate Park and say,
    "I wish I had a pot brownie"
    a nice black man with dreadlocks
    will come by and sell you one.

San Francisco is magic.

I was so fucked up last night.

San Francisco is magic.

I remember once when Spunky accused us all
    of hating America except for the alcohol and pot.
    That might be true for San Francico.

San Francisco is magic.

i dig that sorabji literature

By platypus on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 05:30 pm:

More importantly, kazu was within spitting distance of a slew of sorabjites and didn't tell us? I cry inside.

San Francisco is magic.

By Nate on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 05:41 pm:

she told me, tee hee.

it's not like we've met up, platypus. i've met heather before. who else is around here?

By heather on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 11:28 pm:

DAMMIT!!!

By Nate on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 11:33 pm:

sorry, heather. but i think most everyone already knew we met.

By Antigone on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 11:37 pm:

I knew.

But I cheated.

By droopy on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 11:39 pm:

i thought she was mad she didn't get to see kazu.

By Nate on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 11:40 pm:

shh. it's about me droop. everything is about me.

By droopy on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 11:46 pm:

fundamentally, yes. but not always directly.

By sarah on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 10:59 am:

my garage is magic.

sunday senor and i were working on assembling some shelving and unpacking a bunch of crap we stacked up and put away a year ago. he found a big box that was surprisingly light to carry.

inside the box we discovered a ladies scarf, my great grandfather's torah, a pair of binoculars, and a big fat joint.

my garage is magic.

we choked on the stale smoke, got a little high, and boinked in the garage in the middle of the day in 92 degree heat.

my garage is magic.

By kazu on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 12:21 pm:

I'm sorry. I was at a conference all weekend in Oakland and knew I wouldn't have time to meet up with anyone. It wasn't even until Friday that I realized that my flight on Sunday was in the evening and that my friend and I would get to spend the day in San Francisco.

Had I known how boring the conference was going to be, I would have made it less business and more pleasure and would have let everyone know.

By sarah on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 02:01 pm:

Conference schmonference.

Well, at least you got a pot brownie, but meeting heather and nate would have been more of a trip.

By heather on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 11:53 pm:

damn straight

not to mention the showing you around oakland-berkeley-sf

etc

By platypus on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 11:59 pm:

This is true, Nate, we haven't met up.

Is it just you, me, and Heather up here? For some reason I thought there were more of us, enough to stage a grand sorabji festival.

I think I am going to be in the city next week, because I have a doctor's appointment at UCSF on Wednesday, which would in theory involve actually being in San Francisco. I'm hoping I can coax the person driving me to come down Tuesday night, stay, adventure, and then drive back Wednesday or perhaps even Thursday.

We could all go sit in the new(ish) Union square and spit cherry pits at tourists!

By dave. on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 02:03 am:

i've met a couple of sorabjiites. t-bone, swine, cyst. none of these meetings were horrible, but i kinda prefer to keep the relationship, whatever that may be, an online relationship. agatha recently checked out from the library a video about portland zine culture. one of the zinesters commented about physically meeting someone you've only corresponded with and how awkward and disappointing these meetings can be. that's kinda where my head's at on meeting you guys. not that i'm afraid you'd be lame, just that i'm pretty sure that i am.

agatha shows no signs of feeling this way. that's why she rules and i'm a freak.

By J on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 09:51 am:

You shush Dave,you are not a freak,Agatha does rock,but you do too.

By Czarina on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 10:29 am:

And,may I point out,that Agatha wouldn't be with you if you were a lame freak.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact