My car is running again.

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: My car is running again.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 08:40 pm:

Finally, my car was running again, yesterday it was minus 10 (-10), so frigid cold, tried to start the car to warm up, It won't turn or crank to start. so I figure it is too cold and called in sick. Today, I went and check everything. The website I checked in about why car won't start in colder weather, here's how. 1. the vapor in gas line and piston isn't enought to start, 2. the oil is thick in the cold weather, even though if you use 5w30, but still may not turn, and last, 3. the battery lack chemistry in cold weather which means, they are weak to feed off the power. So, I found my ignition calble needed to be replace, and it came back to life.

By droopy on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 12:24 am:

bless you, dr. pepper.

you crazy motherfucker.

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 08:59 pm:

why droopy, thank you, and yes, i am a crazy motherfucker!

By Jim aka Pajama on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 12:14 am:

This topic got me thinking about me and my car woes this past year. In late July, my lovely brother "borrowed" my 2001 Olds Alero (actually, my mother told him to use it as she needed her car. I had left it with her if she needed to use it as I was going away the next day on vacation for a week) to pick up his pay check. On his way back, somehow, he didn't see or hear a fire engine coming at him. Mind you, the fire engine was racing the wrong way on a one-way street, but still, how do you NOT hear or see something big like this? Anyway, my brother enters an intersection and whammo. Into a telephone poll which ends up being demolished. Save a couple glass chards in his eye, he was fine too. The fireman also had a minor injury. Both went to the hospital. But my car didn't fare so well. It was totalled. It was going to be paid off in October and was going to be the first car I ever owned outright. Alas... it wasn't meant to be.

Fast forward a couple days later while vacationing on Conesus Lake, one of New York's Finger Lakes. I get a call on my cell from a family friend telling me that he and his wife had heard about my car. They were offering me their 93 Plymouth Voyager. FREE! They told me it had some issues, but none that prevented its operation. So a couple weeks later, I became a soccor mom. During the first month I had to replace almost all of the tires, having had 2 flats while driving and one while parked. And then about a month ago I had to decide whether to give it up or pay $700 for repairs. I decided I still needed wheels and wasn't ready for another car note, so I paid it. I think now though it's on its last legs... but who knows... I'll take it for an oil change next week and see how it's doing.

Anyway that's my story.

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 01:09 pm:

Boy, you ought to be careful...Cars always has been a issue for a long time. I wished that the car never been invented

By heather on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 02:23 pm:

really, pepper.

By droopy on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 12:12 am:

to quote j.: if it has a penis or an engine, it's going to give you trouble.

i wish the car and men had never been invented.

By Jim aka Pajama on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 03:48 pm:

LOL

By semillama on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 01:15 am:

What if it has a penis engine? that's gotta be trouble squared.

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 03:35 pm:

droopy, i didn't said " car and men", just car.

you and your car is a homo.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact