Picture is Unrelated

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: Picture is Unrelated
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Monday, March 9, 2009 - 05:36 pm:

By sarah on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 11:37 am:

some of those are truly disturbing. loves it.

By droopy on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 01:42 pm:

me encanta tambien. what are those things with the doritos bag? the look like the offspring of a lobster and a cockroach.

they weren't quite as disturbing as the pictures my sister just sent me. two pictures of us together: one while i was in my 20s, another a recent one in my 40s. ah, the ravages of time. except for my sister, who still looks cute and so does her baby.

By semillama on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 02:12 pm:

They are Giant Isopods, which are basically deep ocean versions of wood lice.

By sarah on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 03:33 pm:

no wonder. they are disgusting looking creatures.

btw, completely unrelated... or maybe not... does anyone else here have a webcam?

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 01:47 am:

in dallas, cockroaches do fly......

By Danielssss on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 05:27 pm:

In Lemon Grass, a local Vietnamese restaurant, these Isopods (lobster type thingies) hang on the walls as light fixtures.... I thought they were wonderful.

Cockroaches also withstand many many times the radiation that humans can, and certainly will persist longer they we.

me encante tambien. olay!

By droopy on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 02:19 am:

today i learned that they serve giant isopods at restaurants in taiwan. they sit quietly at their tables and tip well.

i also learned that jeannie's bottle in "i dream of jeannie" is a actually a jim beam christmas decanter the producer or somebody had.

when i lived in a roach-infested house i used to set traps in the evening by filling large jars with lemony dishwashing crystals or peanut butter. then the next moring put the jar full of roaches in the microwave. science note: roaches can't survive that much radiation.

one day i found a roach in an empty beer bottle. i put it in the microwave. i can't remember what brand it was, but it was the kind that has shiny foil on the label. it made sparks that traveled around the label following the foil trails. i don't explicitely encourage anybody to do this, but your life is your own and you can do what you want.

By Danielssss on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 02:40 pm:

By droopy on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 03:11 pm:

microwaves are high frequency radio waves, which are electromagnetic waves. nuclear radiation comes from splitting an atom and releasing the nuclear strong force. so they come are different.

all i'm saying is that, when i know the nuclear holocaust is imminent, i plan to build a massive microwave bomb so we can take the roaches to hell with us.

By Danielssss on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 07:42 pm:

may be ride the roaches, or at least smoke them. thanks I think to Sem for the link. I have been captivated by elenfilatova's pictures.

By Dr Pepper on Monday, September 14, 2009 - 02:31 pm:

Glad it is sunny outside today!!!!! I found this link of " WTF Human Muscle Car" this is so lame i ever seen in my life! Here's the link:http://pictureisunrelated.com/

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact