Nice Day Weekend

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: Nice Day Weekend
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 01:50 pm:

It is sunny as good today,yesterday we had a bad storm, severe thunderstorm, several branches knocked down. My daughter send me my Father's day card, with a picture of me and my daughter , it was taken back in April when she and her boyfriend came up to Illinois. My daughter tells me that there was extreme hot weather down in Tennessee and the weather was unbearable.
    I felt real delightful today, because it is sunny today, but yesterday was depressed and it makes me wanted to call my sister in Texas. I didn't have a chance to call her because I have things to do around the house. Why do overcast or cloudy(heavy) makes me depressed?
    I may looks forward to go out of town tomorrow.

By semillama on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 02:21 pm:

By droopy on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 04:30 pm:

the dog pictures remind me of a day at work. the front of our shop is a big bay window and the parking lot is right in front of it. one afternoon we started to hear horn blasts a random times. at first we thought there was something wrong with the horn. on closer inspection i noticed there was a dog behind the steering wheel. i said, "i think that dog is honking the horn." a woman in the store said, "sorry, that's my dog. patience isn't one of her virtues."

tomorrow, father's day, is the official beginning of summer. but it's been officially a texas summer for a couple of weeks now. last week, while waiting for a bus, a driver pulled up to ask me if i was all right. she hadn't noticed that the bus stop sign and just thought i had heat exhaustion. another day i tried putting an old painter's cap in the freezer to at least keep the head sweating down. but i couldn't even make it from my front door to the bus stop (up a hill and over one block) before the hat was as hot as the rest of me.

now begins my time of estivation. i picked that term up from some nature show: it's summer hibernation; frogs and fish do it. i'm hoping to popularize the term.

i've been listening to the local college radio. just heard a version of "jump in a line" (the harry belafonte song that ended "beetlejuice") by a "big beat a cappella" band out of austin called shrodinger's cats.

now i'm listening to what i have just noticed is sort of a folk rock version of "baby got back"!

By sarah on Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 11:52 am:

triple digit heat and it's not even july yet.

seems like summer gets hotter earlier every year.

By moonit on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 01:11 am:

Went to the supermarket one night and heard a car honking - walked past a van and a little Jack Russell dog was leaping on the steering wheel to beep the horn. Very very funny. Thank god reese can't figure it out.

By patrick on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 10:07 am:

no sarah. just texas.

mexico wants it back. she's just turning the thumbscrews.

i saw a dog on a jet ski yesterday at the lake.

By droopy on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 02:32 am:

i've spent winters in mexico that were as hot as an early texas summer.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 11:55 am:

I know my ex-sister in law whose her husband did spend times in mexico if tennessee are colder in winter times, they can't stand cold weather.

By droopy on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 02:17 pm:

have to leave for my shift in about an hour and 20 minutes. it's 100 (the heat index is supposed to get up to 105). i put my shirt and a painter's cap with a wet headband in the freezer.

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 11:03 pm:

It was 93 degree with humidity, working in a warehouse without A/C define like a hell.

By droopy on Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 12:28 am:

just before i rolled out the door, i put on the shirt and hat from the freezer. the shirt was ice cold - sort of like stepping outside on a chicago january. the cap was cold but also stiff and shrunk because it had been wet. with both on, in 100 degrees, i set off to the bus stop: up a hill and over a block.

it kind of helped. my shirt had warmed down by the time i got to the stop, but the coldness kept me from being drenched in sweat. at the stop, i took the cap off and rubbed the frozen parts around my face and neck.

i don't know if anyone made this connection, but i got the idea for putting clothes in the freezer from marilyn monroe in "the seven year itch."

By platypus on Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 01:10 am:

I like to put sheets and pillows in the freezer in hot weather, but I never thought of freezing clothes. That is a brilliant idea.

By patrick on Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 10:49 am:

on the contrary, ironing your sheets just before you jump in during the winter is pretty tops

By platypus on Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 02:26 pm:

Back in the woodstove days, we used to hang our clothes over the stovepipe in the morning during the winter to warm them up, which was pretty damn excellent.

By semillama on Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 09:58 pm:

By droopy on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 12:24 am:

sem - i have actually seen products like that in medical supply catalogs. they always seemed like more than i actually needed. if i were spending hours in the hot sun, yes. but all i really have to do is get to a bus stop. a frozen shirt is enough.

i've been rolling around in 100+ weather for 20 years, and it's mostly no problem. the problem always comes when i stop rolling and go into someplace cool. for some reason, that's when the sweat starts pouring out of my body.

By Dr Pepper Phd on Wednesday, July 8, 2009 - 02:20 am:

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, July 8, 2009 - 10:41 am:

platypus, tell me, how old are you anyway?

By ruff on Wednesday, July 8, 2009 - 10:42 am:

*crickets*

By platypus on Wednesday, July 8, 2009 - 11:19 pm:

I am 22 anions old. How much is that in crickets?

By Jumbly jim on Thursday, July 9, 2009 - 10:00 am:

By semillama on Thursday, July 9, 2009 - 02:27 pm:

Onions are all I eat!

By Veggie Mate on Thursday, July 9, 2009 - 02:39 pm:

By W.T.F on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 01:02 am:

sorabji.com: What are you afraid of?: Woman
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By D on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 11:59 am:
    My old dad told me that there's a lady from my Dentist's office and wanting to date me. It tunred into horrible nightmare as if I recalled my failure from my first marriage, but I declined.. I am better off without her....and told my old dad to layoff on it. He pestered it on me and told me that she wanted my E-mail, again told him "not interesting" and again, he pestered me ,grew the frustration out of me and told him again"fuck off ".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Janny on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 02:30 am:
    D,that sounds like a sure getting some desperate nookie thing,can this be a man whose not a dog deep down? Jesus,I might have to sober up just to mull this over.Anyway in case you don't notice,I think you are passing up some tail.I'm not one to gossip though and you didn't hear it from me.

By moonit on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 04:38 am:
    your old dad? how many do you have?

By Lapis on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 12:33 pm:
    Janny, yeah right ,gossip eh?

By jack on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 01:33 pm:
    now you're posting as lapis? great. that'll fool 'em.

so, what's the problem with the lady from the dentist office? is she not MUSCLED enough?

By V on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 01:54 pm:
    jack,you still a cross dresser?

By V on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 01:56 pm:
    D,big HI from v....... :)

By V on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 02:14 pm:
    D,jack is composed or 99% dog shit,1% bull shit....he mostly stinks.

By V on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 03:54 pm:
    D,....did I say composed? ment DE-COMPOSED....now if only I could buy "jack-in-a-sack" then my garden manure problems would be a thing of the past.

By V on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 04:01 pm:
    ...The English have a saying,for something that amounts to nothing is called "jack shit".

By V on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 04:08 pm:
    jack,when you die,can I feed you to my roses?

By V on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 12:12 am:
    blue flowers.....

By D on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 11:54 am:
    Hey jack, is that true what V said your a crossdresser? uhmm,jack,your so GAY! you faggot.

By jack on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 12:08 pm:
    why are you afraid of "woman"?

By KazuSemillaMoonitLapisDJV and some many to list on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 12:49 am:
    Oh jack, you and jill should be careful with the well. just play it safe. and don't break your collar bone.

By jack on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 02:03 am:
    oh, don't worry--jill and i are fine even without playing it safe. i'm not afraid of woman. personally, i like me some woman for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. and occasional between-meal snacks too. so what's your problem?

By Lol on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 10:54 am:
    my problem? I don't have any problem,whoever posted using my name wasn't me. nice try mr crossdresser.

By jack on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 11:13 am:
    what's your problem?

By D on Friday, April 1, 2005 - 12:06 am:
    What's my problem? I don't have any problem....

By V on Friday, April 1, 2005 - 09:43 pm:
    jack,admit your gay...if you want my ass,you cant have it.,eat your heart out...

By V on Friday, April 1, 2005 - 09:44 pm:
    ...faggot...

By jack on Friday, April 1, 2005 - 10:14 pm:
    hey v!

holy flaming pentacles, you're still begging for my attention!
    that's fucking pitiful!
    well, ok---i read your stupid comments on the other thread and i'll give you a little clue: the watcher's wife didn't die.

so get all twisty and whip yourself into a swirly lather over some other fictional bullshit!
    or maybe just pound some more whiskey, scarf a couple of pizzas and watch some witchy crap on tv!
    ha ha!

happy smoking!
    drop me an email sometime!

your idol,
    jack

By V on Friday, April 1, 2005 - 10:22 pm:
    jack,your still gay,and I bet your ass hurts right now.,hope you got aids.

By PredictaBot3462 on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 12:12 am:
    ...more stuff.,...yall cant touch me because I'm RICH and I'm a VAPIRE!!! 28 Days best movie ever...

By W.T.F on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 01:05 am:

Hey jack.... LOL when V said that your a faggot.

By droopy on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 01:39 am:

how dare you waste my time like this, dr. pepper.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 01:00 am:

droopy, well then, don't look at it!

By jaq on Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 01:29 am:

So, Pepper, what happened to the lady from the dentist's office?

Are you still afraid of "woman"?

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 02:05 pm:

I don't know, she quitted her job few years back, No, I am not afraid of woman. However,who posted this above using handle name"W.T.F."?

Jack, wonder whatever happened to V? I haven't heard from him for quite a while?

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 01:21 am:

jack, there is something about woman from dentist office being a redundant.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact