a brain tumor for breakfast

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: a brain tumor for breakfast
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Heather chandler on Wednesday, June 3, 1998 - 07:42 pm:
    a brain tumor for brekfast

By Heather chandler on Wednesday, June 3, 1998 - 07:43 pm:
    a brain tumor for breakfast and some pate

By Chordata on Wednesday, June 3, 1998 - 08:23 pm:
    ..and it's even more profound in triplicate, ain't it folks?

By Pet on Wednesday, June 3, 1998 - 08:33 pm:
    it just keeps getting better and better each time i read it....

HA!

By Heather 1 on Monday, June 22, 1998 - 12:15 am:
    spaghetti..lots of oregano----mineral water---phlegm globbers

By Heather 1 on Monday, June 22, 1998 - 12:15 am:
    spaghetti..lots of oregano----mineral
    water---phlegm globbers

By Oddball Odd on Thursday, June 25, 1998 - 07:44 am:
    PH-LE-GUM GOBBLERS? What the bloddy hell's phlegm gobblers?

By Pete on Thursday, June 25, 1998 - 01:46 pm:
    Don't know but I handed them out last Halloween.

By sarah on Monday, February 12, 2001 - 07:50 pm:

we haven't heard much from Isolde lately. if you're out there babe, give us some lovin'.

i made two killer vegan recipes this weekend that i wanted to pass on because they're fast, easy, inexpensive and most importantly delicious.

"Cream" of Tomato Soup

Ingredients:
    2 16 oz cans diced tomatoes (no italian seasoning)
    1 lb tofu
    4 ripe fresh tomatoes
    1/2 yellow onion, diced
    3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 can (2 cups) vegetable broth
    1+ cup water
    salt, pepper, crushed red chili pepper

Directions:
    In a large soup/stew pot saute on medium high heat the onion and fresh tomatoes in 1 tbs olive oil for about 10 minutes. Add crushed garlic and stir, cook for a few more minutes. If desired, add in a pinch or two of crushed red pepper.

In a blender combine the 2 cans of tomatoes (do not drain!) with the tofu and blend it up until it's smooth. Pour that into the pot and stir. It will be very thick, unless you use very soft tofu.

Add in the vegetable broth and water until the soup reaches your preferred thickness/consistency.
    Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes and serve hot.

[This might also be good with a hint of rosemary. If you're not hung up about the vegan part, you can add milk to make it creamier. If you're not a vegetarian, you can add a can or two of crab meat, drained.]

Quick Bean Chili

Ingredients:

1 yellow onion, diced
    3 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 jalapeno pepper, diced
    1 green chili pepper, diced
    2 16 oz cans diced tomatoes
    1 can black beans
    1 can dark red kidney beans
    1 can pinto beans
    1 can organic lentils
    1 green bell pepper, diced
    1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
    2 tbs cumin
    2 tbs molasses
    1 tsp chipolte
    1/4 tsp cayenne powder
    salt to taste

Directions:
    In a big pot saute onion, garlic, and spicy peppers in 1 tbs olive oil for a few minutes. Add in two cans of tomatoes (undrained).

Drain and rinse beans and lentils. Dump them into the pot. Stir in bell peppers, molasses, and seasonings. Add water if it's too thick. Simmer on low or medium low for 15 minutes and serve hot.

By Isolde on Tuesday, February 13, 2001 - 02:29 pm:

yum...Sarah and the recipes...

How could I not give you lovin', Sarah...?

By pez on Tuesday, February 13, 2001 - 03:42 pm:

isolde, you're still here? you want a zine?

By Hal on Tuesday, February 13, 2001 - 03:54 pm:

You know when you emphisise the "CREAM" of Tomato soup in that sentance it just dropped my mind about a half an inch above the gutter level.

By pez on Tuesday, February 13, 2001 - 06:36 pm:

my god, is it everywhere?

By Hal on Tuesday, February 13, 2001 - 08:54 pm:

Pretty much.

By pez on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 12:53 am:

aiiiiii!!! it's attack of the killer gutter brains!

By Hal on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 04:31 am:

Munch Munch Munch...

Gobble Gobble...

Slurp...errr

Ok, I'm finished, time to go to bed and have dreams of a life I will never have.

By sarah on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 02:01 pm:

imagine if your life was like your dreams.

By pez on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 02:26 pm:

what if your dreams were your real life and your life was your dreams. i could be sleeping right now, friends with benjiman franklin, and have a hard time with stairs.

By Daniel ssss on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 12:47 am:

life is but a dream, a shadow... what the caption under my senior picture said...

Three couples went to the Rabbi and asked for premarital instructions in order to be sanctified in the temple.

Ok, may be it was a Mormon temple...

Anyway, the Rabbi told em thay couldnt do this and couldnt do that for it was the law and then added, and "you can't have sex before marriage. Period."

So the instruction went on and the three couple were reporting all is well or some such shit, until one day one of the couples said they couldnt hold out any longer, and...

"Rabbi, I just couldn't. When my dear little fiance was up on a stool, a reaching for a can of paint high up on a shelf, I was right behind her, and couldn't help myself and got it on right then and there."

THe Rabbi said, "uh Oh. Now you can't be sanctified in the temple. You will be banned from entering."

The couple looked at eachother and said, "And Home Depot too."

Dreams. Yeah.

Gotta make time for Ta Ta (Etta James).

By Daniel ssss on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 12:48 am:

CHANDLER PRICE PRINTING PRESS AVAILABLE FOR THE MOVING. GREAT WORKING ORDER. LOCATION ST LOUIS. EMAIL ME.

By Hal on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 01:21 am:

My dreams real huh...

That would include a highschool in a baron nucler wastland filled with gun toating, savage teenagers, and lots of little debbie snack cakes... Oh and lots of vicious dogs too.

By pez on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 02:50 am:

space suits, frozen hearts, quicksand, cabbage patch dolls, hands, stairs, sneezes, ex-boyfriends...

i once had a dream that i was listening to the radio and the announcer said "if you experience temporary blindness due to sneeze radiation, you will die within two months." the next morning i sneezed.

i lived in fear for the next two months, but i made it to my 17th birthday and beyond...it was pretty weird though.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact