fantasies about corn muffins

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: fantasies about corn muffins
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Jim aka PajamaBoy on Friday, November 13, 1998 - 07:11 am:

Why am I lusting over corn muffins?

Corn muffins from a foregin state, a southern one at that.

Hmmmmmmm?

By Dani on Friday, November 13, 1998 - 08:36 am:

Because I promised you months ago that I was gonna make you some and ship them over night to you Jimbabe?
    Now that I'm feeling almost as guilty as my first affair, I'm gonna keep that promise to you and get my Betty Crocker ass in gear.
    Baby, you crack me up!!!!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Friday, November 13, 1998 - 06:30 pm:

Betty Crocker ass, huh? Hmmmm? I think I'd much more prefer a Harry Connick, Jr. ass.

*big grin*

By Dani on Saturday, November 14, 1998 - 03:09 pm:

I'll make ya a deal Jimbabe...if Harry's ass is hairy, he's yours...but if it aint, your gonna have to fight me for that ass!! Mmmmmmm!!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Saturday, November 14, 1998 - 07:20 pm:

*Jimbabe prays to the gods of hairy asses that Harry Connick, Jr has one hairy mother fucking ass*

(and prays a little to the corn muffin god too)

*g*

By Dani on Saturday, November 14, 1998 - 11:23 pm:

You and your hairy ass men Jimbabe!!!!! A hairy man makes me wanna puke...bare is the way to go, honey! I hate facial hair and chest hair. I mean, a few on the chest is ok but not a rug. My skin is very sensitive to facial hair especially. One time, I had razor burn so bad on my fuckin' face and neck I wanted to die. I had to tell everyone is was wind burn. Not a pretty sight.
    Now, about this deal..how the hell are we supposed to find out if Harry's ass is hairy or not?

By Pete on Sunday, November 15, 1998 - 01:21 am:

You want I should ask him for you?

By Dani on Sunday, November 15, 1998 - 09:10 am:

Would you be so kind Petey?

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Sunday, November 15, 1998 - 10:43 am:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

By R.C. on Sunday, November 15, 1998 - 05:52 pm:

You cd try asking Jill Goodacre -- his WIFE.

Jimbabe, ya really gotta stop obsessing abt these unattainable men. Esp. since yr side now gets to dream abt George Michael. *sigh* People always swore he was gay/but I never believe it. Until that incident in the Beverly Hills park bathroom.

I cuaght most of his MTV interview a week or so ago. He's got a man at present. But that doesn't mean it'll last. He also described himself as "greatly oversexed". ;)

By Dani on Sunday, November 15, 1998 - 10:15 pm:

George is Gay????? I never knew that. Learn something new everyday I guess!!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Monday, November 16, 1998 - 06:41 am:

*giggling at RC*

You sill girl you.

*g*

Danipoo.. ARE YOU SERIOUS????????

By PetRock on Monday, November 16, 1998 - 06:52 am:

I had heard a rumor that as his last album was about to be released, Mr. Michael was going to issue an important statement, the idea being that everyone thought he would finally be coming out.

But no such luck.

Unless that park bathroom arrest WAS his statement.

Hello!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Monday, November 16, 1998 - 07:06 pm:

Didja hear what he said on MTV?

Something like, "hey I never turn down a free meal."

GO GEORGE!!!

Am I the only one though, that thinks he looked sexier with more hair and no goatee?

By NZAngel on Monday, November 16, 1998 - 08:53 pm:

Absolutely. I used to drool over George at High School. I was devastated when my step brother told be he was gay.

By MoonUnit on Tuesday, November 17, 1998 - 02:32 am:

mmmmmm George

Hey Angel did ya catch Pop Up Video on Channel 4 Saturday night (yes yes I have no life) anyway they did Faith and he looked sooooo yummy... *sigh*

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, November 17, 1998 - 07:44 am:

I agree he looked his yummiest during Faith, and his most adorable during the Monkey video.

By Dani on Tuesday, November 17, 1998 - 10:27 am:

I am serious Jimbabe...I didnt know he was gay. I just always thought he was very fuck-able.

By PetRock on Tuesday, November 17, 1998 - 02:35 pm:

He is Dani....just not by you.

HA HA HA.....sorry ladies! Our team scores again!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, November 17, 1998 - 07:17 pm:

LMBFWHAO!!!!!!

KUHCHING!

Now if we could only convert Alec Baldwin.

WOOF!

By R.C. on Tuesday, November 17, 1998 - 08:56 pm:

Yeeewww! Alec is a homeboy from 'da way (i.e. Massapequa, L.I.) & a very bright guy/but definitely no hearthrob. He gets too chunky in between movie roles. If you're gonna convert anybody/it just oughta be Tom Cruise (those ugly rumors simply won't die...)

Or maybe Brad Pit.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, November 17, 1998 - 10:08 pm:

Well, R.C., ya see, I like my men to have a little bulk to them.. not as much as his brother (can't think of his name but he was on Homicide), but just a tad...

Plus that hairy chest...

*Swoon*

Oh... Daniel Baldwin?

By Dani on Wednesday, November 18, 1998 - 08:47 am:

You may have won that one Petey but Brad and Tom are for the LADIES only!! And, us ladies have Andy Garcia....THATS one hell of a gorgeous hunk of meat right there. We also have Marky Mark..mmmmmmm....Blair Underwood...mmmmmm....the list goes on, sweetie!

By Rook on Wednesday, November 18, 1998 - 10:40 am:

What about Kevin Spacey? Am I the only one who thinks he's adorable?

I guess I like men who are attractive in a very subtle and private way.

By Rook on Wednesday, November 18, 1998 - 10:42 am:

Oh, and to get back to the original theme of this section...corn muffins are one thing, but freshly-baked blueberry muffins, with fresh blueberries, hot out of the oven, with just a dusting of brown sugar...mmmmmmm...now there's something to lust over!

By Liam on Wednesday, November 18, 1998 - 12:34 pm:

Hello, Kevin Spacey took his mother to the Oscars. I think it's pretty clear which bus he's on.

I've always been rather partial to Ewan McGregor. We should be seeing more of him with the Star Wars Prequels. He shows his bits, as he does in all of his films, in Velvet Goldmine. He;s a Yummy Scot.

By Dani on Wednesday, November 18, 1998 - 01:05 pm:

I'm thinkin' I'd probably end up craving one of those blueberry muffins after a few intimate hours with any of the above mentioned men.

By NZAngel on Wednesday, November 18, 1998 - 03:54 pm:

mmmm Blueberry muffins

Oh and MoonUnit, did you catch Pop Up Video last Saturday? That's the first time I've seen the vid for "I Want Your Sex"!

Truly - when it was first released they wouldn't play it on any of the chart shows, even when it was in the top ten!

damn censorship!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, November 18, 1998 - 10:52 pm:

Eh. Blueberry Muffins are ok. But there is NOTHing like a piping hot Corn Muffin, dripping in REAL butter (not that I Can't Believe crap or Parkay.. ewwwwwwwww) and smothered in Honey.

Now THAT is a muffin.

By Dani on Wednesday, November 18, 1998 - 11:33 pm:

Your just my stud muffin Jimbabe....and I luv ya, honey!!

By PetRock on Sunday, November 22, 1998 - 10:33 pm:

Question Liam --

are you from the US originally? The way you write suggests hints of being Irish or Scottish yourself (not to mention the name of course!).

mmmmmmm *thinking of a menage with Liam & Ewan* (and blueberry muffins).....ever check out the length of that thing Ewan has? Big time mmmmmmmmmm.....

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Sunday, November 22, 1998 - 10:48 pm:

*pouts in the corner*

I guess the Jim/Liam/Pete shower scene is now on the back burner.

*g*

By Liam on Monday, November 23, 1998 - 09:15 pm:

I believe my place of birth was discussed at lenght when we were discussing my socks but I think that was over 6 months ago. I was born a poor black child. No wait. Sorry, that was a Steve Martin film. I was born to Methodist missionaries in Uganda. (No one named Liam has ever had Methodist parents. And certainly not in Uganda.) I was born in a provinicial midwestern capital in the U.S.A. and grew up in the burbs. I am three quarters Irish and one-quarter Scots-Irish, or Ulster-Irish as they call it over there.

I looked at my above post and see nothing which would indicate that I was from Ireland or Scotland, other than my name and the reference to Ewan MacGregor. As for a three way with PetRock and Ewan, who's got the best water pressure? (I think this issue was addressed previously too). Jimbo, you know you're always welcome to join in the fun!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Monday, November 23, 1998 - 11:43 pm:

*whew*

By Dani on Wednesday, November 25, 1998 - 11:29 am:

What the hell am I chopped liver?!?!?!?!?!?!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, November 25, 1998 - 03:09 pm:

Well, Danihoney, you're missing an all too important appendage to be on THIS team.

But we like ya right where you are. On the "good friend" team.

*smile*

By Dani on Thursday, November 26, 1998 - 09:06 am:

Alright I'll accept that but I at least get all the juicy DISH....K?

By Pete on Sunday, November 29, 1998 - 06:39 pm:

I think it was where you referred to Ewan's genitalia as "bits" --- that seemed kinda Englishy to me.....and of course I've only known one other Liam in my life and his parents were old school Irish.

But anyway, Cheers!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Sunday, November 29, 1998 - 11:41 pm:

I promise to give you the blow by blow details Danipoo.

By Liam on Monday, November 30, 1998 - 01:55 pm:

Cock and balls. How's that for good 'ol American English! Actually, "Cock and Balls" sounds like a British pub to me.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Monday, November 30, 1998 - 07:09 pm:

I just love the current cover pic of Ewan from (I think) Vanity Fair. GRRRRRRRRROWL! Great legs!

By Dani on Monday, November 30, 1998 - 08:56 pm:

Blow by blow!!!!! Couldnt have said it better myself, Jimbabe!!!!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Monday, November 30, 1998 - 09:07 pm:

I am a PRO-PHESH-uh-NULL Danipoo! You expected any less from your Jimbabe? HaHa!!

By Dani on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 07:10 pm:

Wow, thanks (or thanx) for reminding me about this thread Jimbabe...I forgot all about it. 1998 seems soooo long ago. I had just moved here to Florida when this thread started. It was only 6 years ago but it seems like forever ago.

By Dani on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 07:21 pm:

Why dont you just come see me for a few days and I'll make you all the muffins you want Jimbabe???
    Any flavor you want...I'll cook you anything your heart desires...all you have to do is come and hang out with me!!

By Danielssss on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 12:54 am:

Hey Dani, where have I been? Eating Ice Cream Snickers. How are you all? (Dani incl) It has been a long time.

By J on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 03:23 am:

I wondered what happened to you Danielsss welcome back:)

By Jim aka Pajama on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 10:35 am:

Danilicious--

Anytime darlin! :)

Jimbabe

By Dani on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 06:29 pm:

Hi Danielssss! I've been around here and there. Where have YOU been?!?! And how have you been?

Sooo..how about coming for a visit soon Jimbabe?

We'll go chasin' some Gaytor Tail!!

Seriously, you should come see me soon. I promise, we'll have fun!

By kazu on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 08:21 pm:

I love corn muffins. grilled with butter. also blueberry corn muffins. yum.

By Dani on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 09:01 pm:

Mmmmmm....grilled muffins with butter...and a little peach jelly. Yummy.

By Daniel ssss on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 01:12 am:

Ah the hunger one endures....maybe come see you in July, ms dani, t'was as close as Santa Rosa Beach in November, want to be in Anna Maria for the 4th and perhaps in August as well. So how about them muffins?

And J, if you hear from Czarina tell her I love her and miss her and can't find her in that swamp of hers. Where is SHE?

By J on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 05:48 am:

Good question,her hubby had back surgery and is home.

By J on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 05:51 am:

Oh,and speaking of muffins,those ones they make at Red Lobster,with Bisqick and Cheese and garlic butter? I can do that?

By kazu on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 12:40 pm:

I made strawberry muffins once for Sem. From the Betty Crocker recipe for blueberry muffins. That was back in the early days before I was completely secure with my cooking and baking abilities...remember that, dear?

By semillama on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 01:07 pm:

yes. Those were awesome!!!

By TBone on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 01:13 pm:

Yeah, they're mad easy.

By wisper on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 06:40 pm:

J- i can make those red lobster biscuits too.
    I wonder how or why i ever leave the house now.

Tell wisper how to make corn muffins. She has never had them.

By Dani on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 08:49 pm:

Here is a real easy and quick one Wisper...

Corn Muffins Recipe

4 tablespoons shortening
    4 tablespoons sugar
    1 egg (beaten)
    1 cup corn meal
    1 cup flour
    4 teaspoons baking powder
    1 1/4 cup milk

Cream together shortening and sugar. Stir in remaining ingredients. Blend well. Spoon into buttered muffin tin. (one dozen muffins) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 375º.

By wisper on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 10:31 pm:

wowwy, thanks!

By Dani on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 11:05 pm:

Your welcome!

By Gee on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 10:08 am:

tell me how to make the red lobster biscuits, please.

By J on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 01:07 pm:

2 cups of Bisquick, 2/3 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, heat oven to 450,mix bisquick, and milk until soft dough forms,add cheese,turn onto surface sprinkled with bisquick and knead 10 times.Roll dough 1/2"thick.It says to cut with a 2 1/2 cutter,but I just roll them into balls with my hands.Bake 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown.Mix 2 Tbsp margerine or butter,melted and 1/8 tsp of garlic powder.Brush over warm biscuits.Enjoy:)

By Gee on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 01:39 pm:

thank you!

What do you think of this apartment?
    http://www.viewit.ca/vwExpandView.asp?PLID=5437

I think it's really pretty, but I'm worried about living in a house/basement apartment because I know I can be noisy, and I can totally get away with being noisy in a big, annoymous building.

By TBone on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 01:46 pm:

You can get away with being fairly noisy in a basement. It's when you've got people below you that you have to be careful.

By Gee on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 01:55 pm:

By Dougie on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 01:55 pm:

Also, make sure the ceiling above you isn't squeaky or noisy when people walk on it. Nothing worse than living below somebody who paces day in and day out, or who has a dog with hardwood floors. Otherwise, looks cool.

By Gee on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 02:11 pm:

By kazu on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 02:15 pm:

I want a new apartment. The Church and Dundas kitchen seems cramped. If I had an extra room, I would have a study. I really want an extra room. And more counter space. And a puppy.

By kazu on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 02:16 pm:

I lied, the CHURCH-WELLESLEY's kitchen seems cramped. The church and dunsas kitchen is nice, from what I can see.

By kazu on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 02:17 pm:

I also like its bathroom tiles.

By Spider on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 02:42 pm:

I like the Greenwood-Dundas interior the best -- so nice and bright. Would the basement apartment look like that, though? (I raise my eyebrow in skepticism.) The exterior/setting, not so much.

The Church-Wellesley place seems really nice. I like the security features and the landlords that take an active interest in their property. (Gee, have you read Margaret Atwood's "The Robber Bride"? It's set in Toronto, and anyway, this apartment reminds me of Charis' place on the island.) It's very cheery and welcoming, from the pictures.

By patrick on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 03:50 pm:

Christie Bloor
    Church and Dundas

best interiors. i love that black tile bathroom. close to work and subway crucial.

By Platypus on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 04:42 pm:

The greenwood one looks nice and somehow has a rooftop porch? Rooftop porches are the bomb.

By Gee on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 06:12 pm:

the greenwood one would be nice if the other (cheap) apartment in the building was also nice, because then my roommate and I would have the option of still living together while we live apart. as it stands right now, even though it was her idea to not live together anymore, she's really sad about not having me there anymore, and I know she'd love it if I were just next door or something.

if the church & dundas one isn't realy scuzzy in person (the picture of the building looks kind of scuzzy), then it might win out just because it's so close to work I don't need a metropass. and I can avoid the Ugly rush hour traffic!

I love this whole process, but at the same time I hate it. I just want to see something that I fall in Love with and there are no doubts. I think that may be asking too much.

By wisper on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 09:06 pm:

i think you should go to Church and Wellesley only so i can mooch off your close proximity to Gay Day.

Otherwise, go for the closest to your work.

By wisper on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 09:07 pm:

Also, be carefull about the red lobster biscuits.
    I've been known to make (and eat) 2 dozen in a day.

I love those goddamn biscuits.

By kazu on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 09:18 pm:

If not for sem and my roommates at the time to help, I would have eaten all the strawberry muffins by myself.

By patrick on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 02:12 am:

gee, wisper, have you kids ever met? being one of the rare sorabjites to live in the same city?

By wisper on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 10:48 pm:

yeeeees.
    Rowlf, Gee and i met in 2001.
    Nate and heather were there too.
    We had these awesome rice ball things.

This was before Rowlf was Rowlf.

Then, because i am a jerk, i never called or saw Gee again. :( Though i'd love to.

By wisper on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 10:50 pm:

I live in the suburbs. The WHITEST suburb possibly in the country. Edward Scissorhands style white, baby.

And while i'm on the subject, have you met Nate, Patty? Don't you live close-ish?

By moonit on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 12:02 am:

hahahah I talked the pandyr into going to New York hahahahahaha.

By kazu on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 12:09 am:

WHEN!?!?!?!?!?!?

By moonit on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 01:49 am:

March

2006. Okay I know its nearly two years ago, but thats a good long time to save.

We're flying to LA, then making our way to Vegas for our friends wedding. Then I think we are going to Hawaii, and I don't know where else exactly, cause the six of us that are going need to sort out some kind of plan - not sure if all six of us will be doing the same thing (apart from Vegas), but woohoooo.

By Gee on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 10:43 am:

wisper, do you want to go to the parade this year? we can bitchtalk all the girls who think they're so cool when they take their tops off because public Nakedness is COOL.

By TBone on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 07:10 pm:

Public nakedness should be mandatory. That'd show 'em!

By semillama on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 07:11 pm:

Literally.

By TBone on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 07:16 pm:

Yes.

And since I'm too lazy to work this into the conversation properly:

It's my birthday. No good can come of this. It always ends in tears. Traditionally, somebody ends up crying, though it hasn't been me yet.

Oh, and apple pie.

Let it begin.

By kazu on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 07:19 pm:

Happy Birthday TBone!

By Antigone on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 07:43 pm:

Happy goddamn bitchslappin' birthday, TBone you no good shit eating fucksnake.

Crying yet?

By Spider on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 08:03 pm:

Happy Birthday, TBone!

You share a birthday with my surrogate grandmother, Rose, who passed away a couple of years ago. She was awesome.

By patrick on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 08:18 pm:

way to live another year motherfucker!

cheers to you!

By wisper on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 08:34 pm:

Happy happy, TBoner!

I'll cry for ya, if you want?

Gee- gayday? sure! email moi.
    sorabji_wisper (i'm just typing this part to see if it actually reduces spam...) @ yahoodotcommmmm

By agatha on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 10:59 pm:

Happy birthday, Tbone! Tell your mom thanks for me.

By sarah on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 01:20 am:

happy birthday tbone. i love you man.

By Platypus on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 01:38 am:

By J on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 03:25 am:

Happy B-Day hon,you cry when your my age,and not a day before,long may you run:)

By moonit on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 03:42 am:

happy bday Tbone :)

By eri on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 11:00 am:

Happy Birthday Tbone. Hell, since my last birthday EVERYONE I know is calling me old, so it can't be that bad. Just another number.

By V.v. on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 11:20 am:

By V.v. on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 11:26 am:

...and turn on your speakers,then click on LISTEN...sounds like me trying to sing...

By Gee on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 11:53 am:

yay birthdays!

By V.v. on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 12:02 pm:

Who needs them!!!

By Spider on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 12:37 pm:

My birthday is in 10 days.

I'll be 26.

That is INSANE. I can't be that old!

By Antigone on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 01:03 pm:

Hey, V.v., if you like that Jesus, try this Jesus. (Scroll down a bit...)

By sarah on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 01:06 pm:

twenty six. shit, that's cute. spider, don't you worry yourself. life is just starting to happen. it'll start making more sense after 30. it'll be a lot more fun too, i think.

By V.v. on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 01:34 pm:

Antigone...but MY plastic Jesus also plays a cute song..."Well,I dont care if it rains or freezes,long as I got my plastic Jesus"

By V.v. on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 01:52 pm:

By V.v. on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 01:56 pm:

...and your feet become less attractive...

By Gee on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 02:45 pm:

I love birthdays. mine and other people's.

Happy future birthday, Rhiannon!

By kazu on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 04:04 pm:

v.v., why am I not surprised that you read teen advice columns?

By TBone on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 04:42 pm:

Thanks yous guys. 24 seems a whole lot older than 23. Like there should be some numbers in beween.
    I have a sneaky birthday. Being the first of the month, nobody realizes it's here until the day of. Even my parents.
    I made it through a whole birthday without recieving a single gift. I liked it.
    I ate too much sushi and saw Shrek 2. My girlfriend cried a little just as I was about to get ready for bed. She's awesome.
    Also, apple pie.
    Today, the transmitter died during my radio show. I must have played music for at least an hour before I realized it. I thought it was odd that nobody was calling for the tickets I was giving away. So I gave them to people who called in to ask why there wasn't any music.

By V.v. on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 05:17 pm:

kazu,FEH!1000 years from now,i will still be a teenager!!!

By V.v. on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 05:31 pm:

TBone, no Presents?so allready i have given you a "dashboard Jesus"...you want MORE?...perhaps a "glow in the dark" Virgin Mary?

By Gee on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 05:43 pm:

Lookit his wee little boots!

By V.V. on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 06:00 pm:

No,...i think Jesus had sandels...BUT, the old Gothic paintings may be misleading...perhaps RUBBER FLIP FLOPS!

By V.v. on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 06:18 pm:

...just ideal for walking on water...reminds me of...Julian...such a nice gay guy,swore to me he could walk on water...then one day,the ice was too thin...and he fell through..i only just saved his life...

By V.v. on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 06:22 pm:

Gee,so Scottish allready!

By TBone on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 08:28 pm:

You great stupid pastry!

The gifts will trickle in through the rest of the month with
    lots of apologies. At least, that's what usually happens.

By kazu on Thursday, June 3, 2004 - 05:32 pm:

A friend and myself indulged in a frog hunt. We secured 80 beauties; my 40 dressed 12 pounds 8 ounces of legs. I have been a student of natural history for years, but while dressing those frogs learned more frog lore than years of reading and observation had developed. After removing the head of a frog as a humane act previous to amputation, I discovered feathers protruding from the throat.

Forest and Stream; A Journal of Outdoor Life, Travel, Nature Study, Shooting, Fishing, Yachting (1873-1930). New York: Jul 9, 1904.

By wisper on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 01:33 am:

where are you getting these amazing things?

By sarah on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 11:38 am:

dani, can you use buttermilk instead of milk in that recipe? maybe if you add some baking soda...

By kazu on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 01:26 pm:

From the American Periodicals On-line database.

Give me a topic, I'll see if I can find anything fun.

By Dani on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 06:35 pm:

Not sure Sarah..I'd try it and see how it comes out.
    I'll ask my Mom..she'll know.

By Dani on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 06:40 pm:

Try this Sarah. I love this recipe.

Makes: 12 muffins . Prep: 10 minutes. Bake: at 400° for 20 minutes.

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
    1 cup sugar plus 1 1/2 teaspoons for topping
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    3 eggs, separated
    1 1/2 cups buttermilk
    3 tablespoons butter, melted

1. Heat oven to 400°. Coat 12 jumbo-size muffin-pan cups with nonstick cooking spray.
    2. Mix flour, cornmeal, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
    3. Beat egg whites on high speed in small bowl until frothy. Gradually beat in the remaining 1/3 cup sugar until stiff, moist peaks form. Set aside.
    4. Mix egg yolks, buttermilk and 2 tablespoons melted butter in medium-size bowl. Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until evenly moistened. Gently fold beaten whites into cornmeal mixture until no white streaks remain. Spoon rounded 1/3 cup batter into each prepared cup.
    5. Gently brush tops with remaining melted butter. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, dividing evenly.
    6. Bake in 400° oven for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan to rack; let cool.

Nutritional Value Per Serving: 240 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated), 6 g protein, 43 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 495 mg sodium, 62 mg cholesterol.

By sarah on Sunday, June 6, 2004 - 03:21 am:

thanks. i made the original recipe you posted tonight and they turned out great. except i made them with 3/4 cup regular corn meal and 1/4 cup polenta (coarse corn meal) and i substituted one tbs of the sugar for 1 tbs honey. i was only disappointed that they didn't get slightly brown. but they tasted deeeeeeelicious.

we had a girls night party tonight. i also made an easy almond fudge torte. grilled salmon (marinated in sherry and ginger) and beef kabobs (marinated in raspberry vinegarette, mango black bean salad, sangria, margaritas, and misc snackies, like brie and crackers, olives and pickles, veggies and dip melanie brought mango salsa and browned pita chips.

it was fun. my girls here are fun and nice.

i need to go to sleep.

my sangria recipe, btw, is

1 cup bandy
    2/3 cup white sugar
    1.5 liters red wine
    1 large juicy orange
    1/3 cup fruit juice
    cherries
    blueberries

mix brandy and sugar in sauce pan over heat until sugar dissolves. refrigerate and mix w/ wine and fruit and fruit juice. pour over ice to serve.

By wisper on Sunday, June 6, 2004 - 04:47 pm:

i like how sarah forgot to put in a ) in her above post, so you could read it that she marinated the beef kabobs in a an exotic mix of- raspberry vinegarette, bean salad, sangria, margaritas, crackers, olives and pickles and browned pita chips.

mmmmmMMMMMmmm

By kazu on Sunday, June 6, 2004 - 07:41 pm:

I just made and ate soba noodles with a spicy/sweet sauce.

By kazu on Sunday, June 6, 2004 - 07:41 pm:

a spicy/sweet peanutbutter sauce.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact