Two Words: -SCHOOL FOOD-

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: Two Words: -SCHOOL FOOD-
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Hal on Wednesday, February 17, 1999 - 11:32 am:

I question why they feed the youth of america these small portions of crap. If one person were to look closly at the food that we allow the school system to feed our children, the people who are to very well replace us in the world. We would realize that well, we are the last of the line. It use to be that we would send our children to school with bag lunches, not now, now we send them to eat the undertrailings of school food drudges. The teachers eat food fit for humans, students stuff I wouldn't feed to dogs for fear of killing the beasts.
    We feed our children things that our parents would kill us if they knew the atrocity. This world is in itself killing all of us, and so we make it faster by killing our children. Not only with school food, but things we know are bad things we know kill. And what do we do it for, Money. Smoking, drugs, things that killed off a percentage of our generation, and now we let the next do the same. WHY? Awnser this for me please?

By The Pedant on Wednesday, February 17, 1999 - 12:11 pm:

It's to punish them for not paying attention in English class. More undertrailings for you?

By Sheila on Wednesday, February 17, 1999 - 01:42 pm:

to lighten up just a little, i have a question. yesterday i had some leftover strawberry heart shaped marshmallows from V Day, and decided to toast a couple, like at camp.

do you, when you toast/roast marshmallows, set them on fire and then blow it out? or do you carefully rotate over the flame until a perfect golden brown?

i have my thoughts about each of you, whether you are a flamer or a browner, but i want to know for sure.

do you do them one at a time, or in larger groups? does it have to be a "real" fire, like a camp fire, or is the stove ok? what about a lighter?

you all know, of course, that Martha Stewart Makes Her Own Marshmallows at Home.

i am supposed to be doing something else right now. that is, there is the supposition that i am doing it, but i am not.

By Markus on Wednesday, February 17, 1999 - 02:09 pm:

Browned, individually, over a fire. Of course, you thought no less of me.

By Cyst on Wednesday, February 17, 1999 - 03:07 pm:

I ate school-type food at the canteen today.

some watery juice. boiled stringy beef with gravy over a pile of buckwheat. some brown bread. a sliced cucumber.

it cost just about as much, too. $1.50.

I wonder how many of my failings I can blame on lunch.

By Cyst on Wednesday, February 17, 1999 - 03:11 pm:

hal may not have paid attention in english class (perhaps he had it fourth period, when all he could think about was the tasty bag lunch his mother had prepared for him), but apparently he excelled in math. "school lunch" is TWO words, indeed. bravo!

By Agatha on Thursday, February 18, 1999 - 01:47 am:

sheila, i want to know what you think about me before i reveal it to you. fair?

i vow never to let cleo eat the school lunches. her daycare actually has good snacks, but public school starts next year. i am going to make her lunches like frances the hedgehog had. remember frances?

By Gee the Elderly on Thursday, February 18, 1999 - 04:12 am:

When I was in school many eons ago, all we had to eat were rocks and dirt. But it was Quality rocks and dirt!!

By Drippy on Thursday, February 18, 1999 - 10:05 am:

i dip the 'mallow into the flame (on the end of its stripped-down branch) and light it afire. then i stare at for a few seconds and consider how much it looks like a torch, like in the movies when stalwart men explored caves and dungeons or angry villagers went off in mobs to hunt down misunderstood monsters. then for a millisecond i consider marching off into the woods with it to explore the darkness. then i blow it out.

at least that's what i think i did. i haven't roasted a marshmallow since my age was in the single digits. ask me how i roast hot dogs.

By Michael on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 06:01 pm:

For me, I set it on fire, when its on fire i rotate it then blow it out when everything is crispy black.

one time i got a branch off of a chitm tree and ate marshmellows and hotdogs off of it. and i got the shnits!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact