who?

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: who?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Ebolamike on Friday, April 30, 1999 - 02:26 pm:

oh..sorry didn't read it correctly.

By Nate on Friday, April 30, 1999 - 03:31 pm:

uh oh. we all know what that means.

1. Clinton approved, very early in his first administration, an armed attack on the
    compound of a religious sect in Waco, Texas, under circumstances which clearly did not
    warrant losing patience with negotiations and choosing a military solution. As a result of
    the attack, eighty-one people died, including men, women, and children.

2. Also in that first year in office, in June of 1993, he sent bombers over Baghdad,
    claiming it was in response to a planned assassination of former President George Bush,
    visiting the Middle East. The "evidence came from the notoriously corrupt Kuwaiti police.
    The U.S. claimed to be aiming at "Intelligence Headquarters", but the bombs fell on a
    suburban neighborhood in Baghdad. At least six people were killed, including a prominent
    Iraqi artist and her husband.

3. While land mines strewn around the world continue to kill or cripple thousands of
    people each year, and although fifteen retired generals endorsed an immediate ban on all
    antipersonnel mines, the Clinton Administration refused to go along with a Canadian
    proposal for such a ban.

4. In Somalia, in June of 1993, with the country in a civil war, and people desperate for
    food, Clinton ordered a military operation to capture a popular Somali leader, General
    Adid. The result was the a thousand Somali casualties, soldiers and civilians, and a
    number of American Rangers. On June 15, according to the Associated Press, a U.S.
    helicopter fired a missile into a residential area of Mogadishu, wounding 12 Somalis.
    Ambassador to Somalia Robert Oakley later said the military operation was "an
    unfortunate policy decision".

5. The Clinton Administration continued the embargoes on Cuba and Iraq, causing
    widespread misery in Cuba for lack of food and medicine, and hundreds of thousands of
    deaths in Iraq according to U.N. statistics. When Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
    was asked if the goal of putting pressure on Saddam Hussein was worth the lives of large
    numbers of Iraqi children, she responded: "we think it is worth it."

6. Claiming that he was introducing "welfare reform", President Clinton in the summer of
    1996 signed a law to end the federal government's guarantee, created under the New
    Deal, of financial help to poor families with dependent children. The Los Angeles Times
    reported: "As ... families battle a new five-year limit on cash benefits...health experts
    anticipate a resurgence of tuberculosis and sexually transmitted diseases...."

7. The Clinton Administration continued to spend $250 billion a year for the military,
    putting into jeopardy the lives and health of large numbers of Americans. Clinton was
    willing to spend two billion dollars each for the "stealth bomber" (the total cost would be
    42 billion dollars) while putting perhaps a million people in jeopardy by taking away their
    federal benefits.

8. With millions of people either homeless or living under desperate conditions and
    needing low-cost housing, the President in 1996 signed the "Crime Bill", which allocated
    eight billion dollars to build new prisons.

9. Early in his first term Clinton signed legislation cutting funds for state resource centers
    that supplied lawyers to indigent prisoners. The result, according to Bob Herbert writing
    in the New York Times was that a man facing the death penalty in Georgia had to appear
    at a habeas corpus proceeding without a lawyer.

10. More recently, this summer of 1998, Clinton, wanting to react to the terrorist bombing
    of American embassies in Africa, bombed Afghanistan and the Sudan. He claimed that
    the Sudanese target was a plant producing nerve gas, but could not produce convincing
    evidence for this. Almost immediately, it became clear that the plant, contrary to the
    American claim, had been producing half the medicines used in Uganda. People there
    would die as a result of that bombing.

By R.C. on Saturday, May 1, 1999 - 03:01 am:

Nate, man -- ease up on the espresso. Please!

By Ashamed American on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 10:13 pm:

Go Ahead Nate, spread the word....we MUST KNOW what this madman of a president is doing.....If this litany of tragedy orchestrated by Clinton isn't stopped what will become of this nation in years to come? Can you just imagine how many terroists he's creating that will come back to haunt us someday? All in the name of creating some sort of place in history as a great president. And all of the while, where is the press? They only report how much we love this man, this murderer, this creator of hatred.
    If this doesn't convince anyone that the press is government controlled what will it take?

By ... on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 02:55 am:

i would like to announce that i will no longer perform cunnilingus on any woman i date during the first month of courtship. whether that month be 28 days, 30 or 31 days, you know what i mean. on the 1 month anniversary, anything goes. before that, forget it. i just broke up with someone who asked me to go down on her on the 2nd date. which was fine by me, i figured what the hell, i love doing this. i love the feeling of her body writhing and coming, and it's not a power trip. if it was a power trip i'd enjoy the build-up no matter what, but as any honest man will tell you the half-hour or longer it sometimes takes can get really fuckin boring, and it can kill your neck. i've tried, when it got boring, to stop and try something else but she always shoves me back down there. she being the royal she, meaning every woman i've been with except the ones who thought oral sex did not exist. so anyway, she asked and i obliged on the 2nd date, then on the 3rd date we're making out and i'm thinking we might stop and watch the dvd she came over to my place to watch. but instead she stops and pushes me away and then points at her loin with both her pointy little index fingers and smiles and says "i know where this is going..." her pants weren't even off yet, and i wasn't even thinking about getting them off, but i am weak and with that "i know where this is going" the chore begins. i don't know how to say no. it was not a chore the first time. but she never went down on me. of course i never asked her to, but what the fuck, who asks? well, i know who asks. and there's nothing wrong with it. in fact you should try it if you haven't already, it's really freakin erotic to say "can i take off your shirt?" and she says "can i undo your belt?" and you agree with either a yes or a kiss, or else you say no and you watch that dvd you came to my place to watch. i'm telling you, it's cool and fun when both people ask. but that's not what she was about. she was just suck me deep for as long as it takes and if you're lucky and i'm not too exhausted after 2 hours of your tongue inside me then maybe i'll give you a hand job. i didn't even care any more, but even that (the hand job) had to wait until the next day, and she woke me up to do it like it was a barter deal where i would of course go down on her again. which of course i did, because i am a weak and worthless asshole. i don't know if it's my fault, if she is emotionally retarded or if i am, but it doesn't matter, because i'm announcing the ban on cunnilingus during the first month, which is longer than most things last anyway. i'd love and adore doing it in the first hour, you have to love it and i do, but if you don't love it then it's a stupid way to live

By J on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 03:11 am:

I hear you,but there is some guy out there that just set a record for tieing cherry stems with his tongue,thousands of them,another one of those things that make you want to go hmmmmmm.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 12:48 pm:

in my experience, the tongue is really secondary to these things.

i feel for the gentlemen above.

By Nate on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 01:48 pm:

two hours of head is ridiculous. i say give 15 mintues. if she hasn't come, give her an hour of the cock and then go back to the tongue on clit.

damn. my abs, lower back, shoulders, and inner thighs are sore as hell.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 02:37 pm:

from two hours of cunninglus?

By agatha on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 07:41 pm:

she doesn't sound very typical, this woman he's dating.

regardless, banning cunnilingus for the first month of dating someone smacks of utter self absorption to me. don't expect any oral favors in return, either, bucko.

By jack on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 03:42 pm:

p r o g r e s s

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

By agatha on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 01:41 am:

Jack is bored. You should have come to my graduation party, Jack. An exercise in the surreal, it was.

By V on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 12:59 pm:

By droopy on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 01:15 pm:

By V on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 02:56 pm:

...its not v with the beer bottles stuck to my scrotem,thats jack.

By sarah on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 04:14 pm:

agatha, why was it surreal?

By jack on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 08:58 pm:

i was looking for one of nate's old stories. i never found it but i bumped plenty of other old stuff.

what it was: he had recently moved into an apartment from his house, i believe. he had some sort of passing encounter while taking a shit with two women who were on the stairs outside of his bathroom behind him, i think.

so if anyone runs into that, please post on the thread!

now. about the surrealist aspects of the party...

By agatha on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 09:24 pm:

It was a worlds colliding type scenario. I had friends from multiple areas of my life, none of whom knew each other, and one fellow library school graduate who didn't know a single soul at the party other than me. Also, my friend griselda and her niece dora, who helped me make tamales. Also, 8-10 adolescent kids and 3 or 4 younger kids. Also, a hookah. Also, dave's brother's band, who were awesome but I think felt a little funny playing to about thirty people, more than half of whom were sitting down and eating. Also, a pinata. Also, I made the mistake of buying confetti, which as you might imagine ended up being a horrendous idea. I think people had fun, but I was so stressed out that I couldn't really tell. I have to throw a large party once every ten years or so to remind myself that they are kind of a nightmare. dave was a total saint to help me as much as he did.

By Nate on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 11:45 pm:

The world is full of people I would never give a chance.

I am sitting on the crapper reading a book. I’m pretty much done with the movement, but the book is good so I’m trying to reach the end of the chapter before the red ring develops. That and this particular shit smells good to me. Like bread baking.

Behind me is a small window and behind it is a set of wooden stairs leading to a row of apartments. These are the stairs that creak and wake me in the morning. Two normal sized people and one rather large person go to work at roughly 6 am. I’ve never seen these people, but you get a good indication of their relative sizes by the degree to which the stairs protest as they descend.

As I am sitting, post-shit, reading rapidly towards the end of the chapter, I hear the complaint of the stairs and two female voices. They pause on the stairs and grow silent. I stop reading and start trying to remember if the cheap, off white blinds were turned vanes up or vanes down. From their raised vantage are they peering down into my bathroom? I don’t want to look, just in case the blinds are vanes down and by turning I meet the stares of these women.

I was just wearing shorts when I entered the bathroom. The shorts are now about my ankles and for all intents and purposes I am naked on the throne. I like shitting shirtless, especially on hot days like today. I like the feel of still air on my back, stretched taut as I lean forward, elbows on knees, book in hands. The bathroom is a little stuffy and smells like bread baking. Well, to me anyway. I hope they can smell my shit.

Their voices start again. The stairs groan. The women make odd cackling laugh noises, allowing me to place their ethnicity and socio-economic status with some degree of accuracy. Maybe not great accuracy, considering I tend to make my judgments from behind closed blinds and rarely verify.

As their voices fade into the distance I throw the bookmark in and shut the book. The disruption blew the momentum that made me want to reach the end of the chapter. I start pulling squares from the wall. It’s dark, I’ve been drinking a lot of wine. I like the way my penis looks today.

I reach down and grab my shorts and pull them up as I’m standing up.

I hit my head dead center on the corner of the sink.

By jack on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 12:39 am:

precisely.

thanks. salt of the earth, you two.

i think that confetti is generally only a good idea for filmed or photographed events.

By dave. on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 04:50 am:

i wish i were in on the confetti idea at the front end. what a mess. confetti everywhere.

i got a call from a friend who said they were vacuuming confetti at their house.

yeah, i vacuumed confetti for 3 hours.

boo, confetti.

congrats, agatha. you're totally finished now. it's beautiful that it ended in a mess of confetti, tamales, spanish wine, punk rock, hookahs, and friends who love you.

By dave. on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 04:54 am:

i wonder how long i'll take for this thread to show up on google for searches on the word "confetti".

personally, i hope i never have to speak that word again.

By spiracle on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 08:49 am:

congratulations agatha!

the poo story was __________. It made me feel ________. Oh, I don't know, it just made me feel something..Mark of a good writer..the ability to write about post-pooing and make people want to read it..

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact